IGNORED

Bible Mysteries

Dennis1209

Guest shiloh357
14 hours ago, HAZARD said:

You will be answerable to God for statements like that.

You are answerable for promoting a false teacher like Dake who was genuine heretic

You cannot know or prove whether he repented of any sins he may or may not have committed, you see, were all not perfect you make yourself out to be.

It is because there is no evidence that he repented that there is no reason to trust him.  

And you copy and past enough for all of us put together.

But I copy from sound teachers and the only reason I know that your copy and pastes were from Dake is because I checked.  You never give proper attribution which means you plagiarize his works, to boot.

Another statement that means nothing. You keep wasting your time searching out the things you already know and we will be ever so grateful if you pass it onto us.  

I search out things in Scripture that are knowable that God wants us to know and things I already know because I continue to learn from things I thought I already knew.  Even the simplest truths continue to bring out new information in Scripture and that is not a waste of time.

I notice you never responded to the last copy and past I made from a man who agreed with Dake. 

I don't know what post you are referring to. 

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3,490
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Nope.  But searching for answers that you already know are not there, makes no sense.

So now you want to control people's thoughts now....

There is nothing wrong with what Dennis 1209 has asked....This is Dennis 1209 natural curiosity of the Bible.

Theres one thing worse than the question that can’t be answered. It’s the question that was never asked.

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, inchrist said:

So now you want to control people's thoughts now....

Nope.   You might want to invest in some reading comprehension classes so you can understand what I posted.

There is nothing wrong with what Dennis 1209 has asked....This is Dennis 1209 natural curiosity of the Bible.

No, he was curious about what is NOT in the Bible.  Again, those classes would really help you.

Theres one thing worse than the question that can’t be answered. It’s the question that was never asked.

It's pointless to search for facts that are not there and when you know they are not there.

Edited by shiloh357

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3,490
  • Content Per Day:  0.96

29 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Nope.   You might want to invest in some reading comprehension classes so you can understand what I posted.

Your quote

would invest time in what IS in the Bible and available to search out rather than waste time what isn't important to know

this is you controlling thought.

asking questions is a sign of a healthy faith even if we know the answers are not their. So no it certainly is pointless.

Dennis 1209 has every right to ponder such questions without you to feel the need to correct him on what he should or should not think.

No, he was curious about what is NOT in the Bible.  Again, those classes would really help you.

which was spurred on by what was in the bible; hence the pondering of a question.

I'm going to be honest here; I don't think this forum  is healthy for you at all....you are continuously on the defensive. It's not healhy

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

13 hours ago, BeyondET said:

Then how does those scholars view John 6:42 that clearly states they knew Joseph.

“Isn’t this the carpenter’s son? Isn’t his mother’s name Mary, and aren’t his brothers James, Joseph, Simon and Judas? Matt 13:55 NIV

Isn’t this the carpenter? Isn’t this Mary’s son and the brother of James, Joseph, Judas and Simon? Aren’t his sisters here with us?” And they took offense at him. Mark 6:3 NIV

22 All spoke well of him and were amazed at the gracious words that came from his lips. “Isn’t this Joseph’s son?” they asked. Luke 4:22 NIV

45 Philip found Nathanael and told him, “We have found the one Moses wrote about in the Law, and about whom the prophets also wrote—Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.”  John 1:45

12 After this he went down to Capernaum with his mother and brothers and his disciples. There they stayed for a few days.  John 2:12 NIV

41 At this the Jews there began to grumble about him because he said, “I am the bread that came down from heaven.” 42 They said, “Is this not Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How can he now say, ‘I came down from heaven’?” ...  59 He said this while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum.   John 6:41-42, John 6:59 NIV

13 Leaving Nazareth, he went and lived in Capernaum  Matt 4:13 NIV

Note that the Matthew, Mark, and Luke story of Jesus in Nazareth shows much familiarity with Jesus' family and a clear indication that some people there actual had contact with His family.  In contrast, the story in John 6 (which takes place in Capernaum) shows only an acquaintance with the names of His parents and no indication of the rest of the family.

Note that the comments in John 6 are related to the Jews questioning that Jesus could have come from heaven.  They are pointing out that they know who his parents are so He couldn't have come from heaven in their minds.   Note that this interaction takes place in Capernaum which is about 30 to 40 miles away from Nazareth.

27 But we know where this man is from; when the Messiah comes, no one will know where he is from.” John 7:27

24 A second time they summoned the man who had been blind. “Give glory to God by telling the truth,” they said. “We know this man is a sinner.” John 9:24 

29 We know that God spoke to Moses, but as for this fellow, we don’t even know where he comes from.”  John 9:29

31 We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly person who does his will. John 9:31

18 They kept asking, “What does he mean by ‘a little while’? We don’t understand what he is saying.”  John 16:18

30 Now we can see that you know all things and that you do not even need to have anyone ask you questions. This makes us believe that you came from God.”  John 18:30

These verses contain the same Greek word as in 6:24.  It is a word that can have many shades of meaning with regard to knowing things.  John 6:42 on its own could be taken as 1) knowing of Joseph, 2) having known Joseph (while he was alive), or 3) Joseph is alive and well and they have met him.  It's the combination of other verses that seem to point to as Jesus' family consisting of Mary, his brothers, and his sisters at the beginning of His ministry.

In my opinion, there is no strong proof that Joseph was alive at the beginning of Jesus' ministry.  It just seems to me that there is more circumstantial evidence that Joseph was not around at the beginning of Jesus' ministry.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

6 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

You are answerable for promoting a false teacher like Dake who was genuine heretic

It is because there is no evidence that he repented that there is no reason to trust him.  

But I copy from sound teachers and the only reason I know that your copy and pastes were from Dake is because I checked.  You never give proper attribution which means you plagiarize his works, to boot.

I search out things in Scripture that are knowable that God wants us to know and things I already know because I continue to learn from things I thought I already knew.  Even the simplest truths continue to bring out new information in Scripture and that is not a waste of time.

I don't know what post you are referring to. 

I get a lot of my information from the KJV of the Dake Bible. I don't know how one can copy and past out of a Bible?? So unless you have one as well, I have no idea how you could check anything. The Pharisees were of the behaviour and attitude you portray. They had all your attributes rolled up in one. They knew it all, had all the answers even more than Jesus Himself. They were also judgmental, aloof, assuming, autocratic, bossy, bragging,   cold-shouldered, conceited, contemptuous, disdainful, domineering, egotistic, haughty, high and mighty, high-handed, insolent, lordly, on an ego trip, overbearing, pompous, presumptuous, pretentious, proud, puffed up, self-important, smug,  superior, swaggering, uppity, and vain, wise guys. 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.36
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

15 hours ago, Davida said:

https://www.amazon.com/Books/b/ref=sv_b_4?ie=UTF8&node=549028

The Seduction of Christianity: Spiritual Discernment in the Last Days

Paperback – August 1, 1985  by Dave Hunt

"The Bible clearly states that a great Apostasy must occur before Christ’s second coming. Today Christians are being deceived by a world view more subtle and more seductive than any before.

What are the dangers in the growing acceptance and practice of—

• positive and possibility thinking
  • healing of memories
  • self-help philosophies
  • holistic medicine

The seduction of Christianity will not appear as a frontal assault or oppression of our religious beliefs. Instead, it will come as the latest fashionable philosophies offering to make us  happier, healthier, better educated, and even more spiritual.

A compelling look at the times we live in. A clear call to every believer to choose between the original and the counterfeit. Only then can we hope to escape The Seduction of Christianity."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by Dave Hunt
"Occult beliefs march freely across America today, powerfully influencing our children, our society, our government, and even our churches. The deadly impact of Satan's dominion is seen in the rise of teen suicide, the increase in violence, and the immorality that pervades our society. Sharing the knowledge you need to protect your family from this invasion, noted cult expert Dave Hunt reveals how Satan's lies are being taught behind the academic respectability of science; how demonic activities are presented as the path to enlightenment through "alien" contacts and paranormal experiences; how pagan religions are being promoted through ecology and "we are one" philosophies; and how evil is being reinvented as good by psychology and the legal system. Readers will discover how to exercise biblical discernment to ferret out and defeat the "wiles of the devil" in their own communities and will learn how to lovingly but firmly take a stand against every thought that exalts itself against the knowledge of God."

TheSeductionOfChristianity_spiritual discernment in the Last days.jpg

Dave Hunt _Occult Invasion.jpg

OH yes, they knew what they were doing .    This was their own goals.   even alice baily said this.     We will get them within their own churches

by bringing in our teachings.   THEY KNEW .    but they also said this,    in time only the defective seed will not join.   DEFECTIVE SEED,  being BIBLCAL christanity.

she knew many other christain churches would .  THEY went to work sis , they did.  Huge in the eighties with new age

and later came seeker friendly, the Toronto curse ,  all sorts of spirits invaded and with these spirits came a church that no longer focused on LOVE of truth

but on love of sensual .  feelings ,emotional highs and all the while putting the churches of many into a hypnotic dark tranze and just feeding them full

of a god out of the box as they say , a real large god, one so large , heck it hugs and welcomes all in and puts not difference between the clean and the unclean.

Then it just kept worsening till now its becoming that the clean are seen as unclean.     This year unity amongst peoples of religions and faiths will increase

under yet another curse which many will see as they did the tornoto curse as rather BLESSING .   its just going down hill, we in a large falling away that is

bout to mushroom out of viral control. till at its end.............the only enemy , their mortal upmost enemy will be , as alice long ago said the defective seed,  BIBLCAL christains.

But as you made clear,  NO MARVEL this was written long ago what would occur nigh the end .    

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.99
  • Days Won:  21

There are a couple of these interesting verses to make note of. Here is one.

Matthew quoted the words, ". . . out of Egypt I have called my son" (Matthew 2:15 from Hosea 11:1). It cannot be proved that Hosea had an inkling of how this would be used later. It does not seem to be prophetic, but Matthew uses it as such.

There are a few more that bear no contextual resemblance to the later apostles use of them.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.99
  • Days Won:  21

The largely roman infested church still adheres to old-science doctrines and pagan festivals. Even the translators of the scriptures were liberal with their spin on certain words and phrases. Seems everybody had or has an agenda.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

58 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

"The Bible clearly states that a great Apostasy must occur before Christ’s second coming. Today Christians are being deceived by a world view more subtle and more seductive than any before.

yes,  it has, is and will be,  as written throughout Scripture.

44 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Seems everybody had or has an agenda.

Ditto.  (has, is and will be) , just as written.

Especially Ephesians 2, and Galatians - the whole world is subject to the enemy, and is pernicious, completely,

except for the elect.   Even [we/all] the elect were all once subject to the enemy,  until the time they were saved, redeemed by the blood of the LAMB, JESUS, WHO DIED FOR OUR SAKES.

The "agenda" of society/ the world/ the enemy/ most people ?   To kill, steal and destroy.  To prevent anyone, little ones and old, from finding or living in God's Kingdom.

• Thumbs Up 2