Bonky

Christian views on Trump

24 minutes ago, Butero said:

I was extremely skeptical of Trump.  I didn't trust him at all, but I figured the Supreme Court was so important, that alone made him better than Clinton.  I also figured that I knew what Clinton was, and I had no idea what Trump would do.  At worst, he would be as bad.  At best, he might surprise everyone and do a good job.  I personally think he has done a surprisingly good job.  I can't defend things he has said and done in his past, and I don't approve of everything he tweets, but in general, I approve of the job he has done.  I could vote for him now based on his time in office.  

If Oprah runs I'm voting for Trump lol.   

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Bonky said:

If Oprah runs I'm voting for Trump lol.   

You and me both.  

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Bonky said:

Of course nobody is perfect but that only goes so far in defense of someone's behavior, otherwise Snoop Dogg is a perfectly acceptable Presidential candidate.

This is kind of the way I expected most Christians to evaluate the election.  Hillary was such a terrible candidate that Trump became the choice for many.   What I found however is that a good number of Christians were delighted that Trump ran and couldn't wait to elect him...even after hearing him brag about touching and kissing women who were starstruck [taking advantage in my book].   The same defenses I hear for Trump you just won't hear for regular people like you and me [especially not democrats I'll bet].  Many things are negotiable in life.

The thing about what he said about touching women that most of us understand is that what he said is true about the Hollywood culture.  In Hollywood, that stuff is normal.  It does't fly in middle America, but in Hollywood, and we are finding this to be true, more than we wanted to, is that sex and immoral behavior is the key to getting ahead in that industry.

I think we have always known that, but now we are sort of getting to see how the sausage is made in Hollywood and it is pretty disgusting. 

The difference between Trump and regular politicians is that Trump makes no pretense of trying to appear virtuous.  His flaws are widely known and have been known for years and he does not try to hide his sins the way your standard politicians do. 

That's why I find it comical that our politicians are trying to do virtue signaling over the alleged vulgar word that Trump used when Congressmen and other politicians are notorious for their own potty-mouth language.   Politicians and the mainstream media and entertainment establishments are soooo scandalized and selectively outraged that he allegedly used that word, when they use vulgar terms to refer to Trump and his family and about Trump supporters.