Blood Bought 1953

Can We Really Live As We Please?

I only recently ran across this gem attributed to St. Augustine, “ Love God, And live as you please” was this Wisdom or a statement straight from Hell?

7 minutes ago, Sam Smith said:

I only recently ran across this gem attributed to St. Augustine, “ Love God, And live as you please” was this Wisdom or a statement straight from Hell?

If you love God you will love your neighbour. So he meant you can only do good if you love God.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Sam Smith said:

I understand what Augustine meant (why do we call him 'saint', when we are all saints in Christ? lol) but it could easily be used as a lame excuse by some to serve their flesh. Not the greatest advice if he left it without an explanation.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

So he meant you can only do good if you love God.

"For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells;
for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find." - Romans 7:18

"For if you live according to the flesh you will die;
but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live." - Romans 8:13

"For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh,
but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit." - Romans 8:5

"Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God." - John 3:5

"But if anyone loves God, this one is known by Him." - 1 Corinthians 8:3

If you love by the spirit all you please to do is the will of God.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Sam Smith said:

Straight from hell.    THANKS FOR ASKING .   be blessed. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wayne222 said:

If you love by the spirit all you please to do is the will of God.

Wayne I don't care what the common folks say about ya.   I loves ya bro.

3 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Wayne I don't care what the common folks say about ya.   I loves ya bro.

Thanks bro.  I am pretty uncommon person lol. I am a stranger in the world going to Zion.

• Praise God! 1

2 hours ago, Sam Smith said:

Hope you didn't get taken for too much getting that "gem" - it's counterfeit ! (totally)

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Straight from hell.    THANKS FOR ASKING .   be blessed. 

Frienduff you totally miss what he meant. But I like you and love you as my brother.

• Thumbs Up 1