• Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, ayin jade said:

He had one. 

He asked for one. 

If he gets another one, by someone who isnt politically motivated to rule against him, I would be more than ok with that. 

But I think some who are anti trump are determined not to accept anything that says he is fit. So far, they have refused to accept his examination in january, even tho the american psychiatrist association says it is an acceptable examination.

Indeed. A recent president of the ASA recently called the book that was written by Bandy Lee - "...simply tawdry, indulgent, fatuous, tabloid psychiatry."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

19 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

He had one. 

He asked for one. 

If he gets another one, by someone who isnt politically motivated to rule against him, I would be more than ok with that. 

But I think some who are anti trump are determined not to accept anything that says he is fit. So far, they have refused to accept his examination in january, even tho the american psychiatrist association says it is an acceptable examination.

Donald Trump had a psychiatric evaluation? I have not heard of that. He had a physical examination that included a neurology exam. I do not believe that the experts in psychology world would take that as an official psych eval. Please post the website.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

2 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Donald Trump had a psychiatric evaluation? I have not heard of that. He had a physical examination that included a neurology exam. I do not believe that the experts in psychology world would take that as an official psych eval. Please post the website.

I posted it earlier in this thread. I posted where he had a mental exam during his 3 hour exam. And I posted where the apa said they approved of it, in another post earlier today. 

1 minute ago, ayin jade said:

I posted it earlier in this thread. I posted where he had a mental exam during his 3 hour exam. And I posted where the apa said they approved of it, in another post earlier today. 

What are you defining as "mental" exam? What was done?

Im not going to reiterate what I posted earlier. I posted links to what was done, posted in the posts themselves what was done, and what the apa said and the link to what the apa said. You can scroll back through this thread and see what I posted about it. 

Your link describes a generic one. It does not describe what is done as the first step in evaluating patients. 

The apa is satisfied with the exam trump underwent. The experts at the apa and its members are satisfied. That should be enough.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

There are a couple of important things that fall out of all of this discussion that I think need to be addressed.

1) The politicization of an entire branch of medicine - One of the things that this has accomplished is to bring front-line partisan presidential politics directly into psychiatry. This is specifically what the Goldwater rule attempts to avoid. In violating that rule these people will invariably have called into question the entire branch of psychiatry by some trump supporters.

Furthermore, this also gives cover and license to other psychiatrists who are politically motivated to do the same thing to other politicians on the whole spectrum. If voters perceive psychiatry as being a simple political battleground, over time, this would likely call into question the validity of the entire profession for a statistically significant percentage of people, if not large swaths of them.

2) The possible belief that professional psychiatric assessments can now be made based on simply looking at the public statements of individuals. Would it be fair to have employers hire psychiatrists to scrutinize their facebook, twitter posts, or even forum posts prior to employing them. The same could go for applying for home loans.

We are talking about having a person removed from office using the 25th amendment of the constitution based on the opinions of psychiatrists who have never evaluated him. This is a legal process that would deprive a legally elected president of the united states of the office to which he was elected. What is the difference in this and psychiatrists perusing social media and "assessing" individuals, perhaps even calling authorities and having them committed, based solely on their social media content. Would this be out of bounds?

There are a lot of potential negative consequences to what is now just a political game of gotcha.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

20 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

There are a couple of important things that fall out of all of this discussion that I think need to be addressed.

1) The politicization of an entire branch of medicine - One of the things that this has accomplished is to bring front-line partisan presidential politics directly into psychiatry. This is specifically what the Goldwater rule attempts to avoid. In violating that rule these people will invariably have called into question the entire branch of psychiatry by some trump supporters.

Furthermore, this also gives cover and license to other psychiatrists who are politically motivated to do the same thing to other politicians on the whole spectrum. If voters perceive psychiatry as being a simple political battleground, over time, this would likely call into question the validity of the entire profession for a statistically significant percentage of people, if not large swaths of them.

2) The possible belief that professional psychiatric assessments can now be made based on simply looking at the public statements of individuals. Would it be fair to have employers hire psychiatrists to scrutinize their facebook, twitter posts, or even forum posts prior to employing them. The same could go for applying for home loans.

We are talking about having a person removed from office using the 25th amendment of the constitution based on the opinions of psychiatrists who have never evaluated him. This is a legal process that would deprive a legally elected president of the united states of the office to which he was elected. What is the difference in this and psychiatrists perusing social media and "assessing" individuals, perhaps even calling authorities and having them committed, based solely on their social media content. Would this be out of bounds?

There are a lot of potential negative consequences to what is now just a political game of gotcha.

I don't think a psychiatrist can get a very thorough look at a person by just viewing them on the computer. That would not be an official psychiatric evaluation. I am sure that all psychiatrists do not think that the physical exam and neurological exam Trump can would be called an official psychiatric evaluation. It would be interesting to hear the debate.

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

I don't think a psychiatrist can get a very thorough look at a person by just viewing them on the computer. That would not be an official psychiatric evaluation. I am sure that all psychiatrists do not think that the physical exam and neurological exam Trump can would be called an official psychiatric evaluation. It would be interesting to hear the debate.

The stance of the official organization of psychiatrists says a valid exam was done. It is the same test done on millions of people with valid results, done with the standard of care and approval of psychiatrists. Why are you unwilling to accept the word of the american psychiatric association, which represents thousands of psychiatrists (37,000 according to them)? 

23 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

The stance of the official organization of psychiatrists says a valid exam was done. It is the same test done on millions of people with valid results, done with the standard of care and approval of psychiatrists. Why are you unwilling to accept the word of the american psychiatric association, which represents thousands of psychiatrists (37,000 according to them)? 

Why doesn't Donald Trump get the psychiatric evaluation that law makers want him to get? What does he have to be concerned about? Just get it done and have the results sent to America.