• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

31 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Trump is not showing any signs of mental disorders or lack of mental health.

I wasn't saying he had mental health problems, but a psychiatrist is the one to say if their are any.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

Man's wisdom is foolishness to God.

Whenever a man trusts in man,  God curses him.

Instead, turn to God, and learn from God, His Way, as His Word Says. (to receive truth, life, and God's Blessings)

Guest shiloh357
12 minutes ago, john1 said:

I wasn't saying he had mental health problems, but a psychiatrist is the one to say if their are any.

No that's not true.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No that's not true.

I'm still not saying he has mental problems, but a medical doctor is not the one to say, I think every president should be evaluated, now that you accuse me though, they have a lot of power, look at Bill Clinton bombing  a country for no reason, but to get the spot light off him self, and all presidents would do it democratic or republican, there's no difference between the two their both human, and not perfect.

Guest shiloh357
7 minutes ago, john1 said:

I'm still not saying he has mental problems, but a medical doctor is not the one to say, I think every president should be evaluated, now that you accuse me though, they have a lot of power, look at Bill Clinton bombing  a country for no reason, but to get the spot light off him self, and all presidents would do it democratic or republican, there's no difference between the two their both human, and not perfect.

There are medical doctors who are trained to recognize mental illness, whether you accept it or not.  Their job is to recognize it and then refer to a psychiatrist or psychologist.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

4 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Psychiatrists go to school much longer and get a residency in their specialty. An internist is not qualified to evaluate effectively the mental health of a person.

Psychiatrists accept the initial diagnoses  of mental illness from medical doctors who perform certain tests. Docs and psychs often work together this way. 

Besides, trump was examined for 3 hours. Not the 15 minutes your doc usually sees you (generic you). He was evaluated for everything.

3 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

"An internist"...

Trump's physician is Rear Admiral (lower half) Ronny Jackson, MD, USN; he conducted his residency in Emergency Medicine and is also qualified in Submarine and Hyperbaric Medicine, per completion of the Navy’s Undersea Medical Officer Program in Groton, Connecticut (honor graduate, 1996). "Submarine and Hyperbaric Medicine" refers not only to the physical aspects of sailors' health in pressurized naval vessels, but also their mental performance and well-being. Submarine and Hyperbaric qualified doctors also have to evaluate the mental status of personnel in these conditions to ensure they are psychologically fit to continue duty, aka "personnel screening and assessment for enclosed environments".

That requires a higher level of observation and training than simple psychology, as those serving aboard nuclear subs are in very sensitive conditions and areas that cannot tolerate abnormal behaviors.

Additionally, Dr, Jackson served in 2005 with the 2nd Marines, Combat Logistics Regiment 25, in Camp Lejeune, North Carolina (Marines often use Naval Doctors in their units, as there are no Marine MD's). From there he deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom as the emergency medicine physician in charge of resuscitative medicine for a forward deployed Surgical Shock Trauma Platoon in Taqaddum, Iraq.

ER doctors have to be able to evaluate the mental condition of a patient they get in the ED; this is even more true in a combat ER, where PTSD, AMS (Altered Mental Status) from a concussion, shock trauma and other sources happens far more frequently.

In 2006, while still in Iraq, Jackson was selected as a White House physician, and has served in the past three administrations  as the White House Physician.

With all of that said: I severely doubt there is any partiality on his part in this matter and I think his qualifications are well-established)

Thank you for that informative background.

3 hours ago, missmuffet said:

But....he is not a psychologist or a psychiatrist.Mental health is their specialty. The general practitioner or internist are not trained to pick up mental illnesses of the brain. Quite a difference. If you have a problem with your car would you go to an accountant?

Just wow. 

If the accountant had legal and validly accepted training within the mechanical field, sure I would. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, john1 said:

But their not as qualified as a  psychiatrist.

It is accepted practice in the medical field and psychiatrists accept that. In this case especially, sojo showed that he is indeed qualified to evaluate trump that way.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

49 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Just wow. 

If the accountant had legal and validly accepted training within the mechanical field, sure I would. 

That is a big "IF"

• Thumbs Up 1