• Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

8 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Are you a faith healer?

No. I am just someone who prefer to keep the good faith, as the Lord Jesus taught me.

And to seek to live according to His will, and being thankful always and to honor His words and teachings.

Because I believe that all He said was not just to be read, but to be practiced. And that all His words are useful for us, as it is for our own benefit that it is here.

"But He said, “More than that, blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it!”" - Luke 11:28

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

20 hours ago, missmuffet said:

It is always best to have God in our lives when suffering physical or mental illnesses or neurological illnesses. He is the great psychiatrist and the great physician.

@missmuffet I think that is very true and goes without saying. I don't think that having God in our lives always means a cure or deliverance from suffering/challenges.

@4LdKHVCzRDj2 It remind me for example of the groaning that the children of Israael had while enslaved by Egypt. It wasn't for 400 years until God sent Moses. The 400-year sojourn in Egypt included many examples of God’s wisdom, glory, and might. Joseph’s preservation of the Israelites during a famine, Moses’ rise to leadership, the plagues in Egypt, and God’s great miracles such as the crossing of the Red Sea were all part of Israel’s time in Egypt. (see starting with Exodus 1)

God bless,
GE

14 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

There is a cure. If you believe.

"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children,
how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!" - Matthew 7:11

Can you believe?

"Jesus said to him, “If you can believe,[a] all things are possible to him who believes.”" - Mark 9:23

Faith is not always the answer. Sometimes God allows us to go through trials and tribulations. Cancer is not healed. Deliverance doesn't come this side of heaven. God doesn't answer how we'd like Him to. 

14 hours ago, missmuffet said:

No if it is not God's will to heal a person and if it is not in His plan for that person all the prayer in the world is not going to change that. Not everyone is healed.

Yes, that's a good point @missmuffet. @4LdKHVCzRDj2 another example comes to mind on how Paul said he had a constant challenge that he'd asked God to take away and God never did as far as we know. (See 2 Cor. 12) A special section I'd highlight are verses 8-10:

Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

God bless,
GE

13 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

"Then He touched their eyes, saying, “According to your faith let it be to you.”" - Matthew 9:29

It could not be said that Paul did not have faith. Instead, it could be said that God used Paul despite his weakness. This brought glory to God. Don't you think?

God bless,
GE

14 hours ago, IvyRose said:

I have worked with individuals with Autism for over 15 years.  I am a Case Manager and develop the individuals Plan of Care with their support team.  So I have had experience with individuals on all levels of the spectrum.  In my experience, most individuals with Autism even the individuals with higher IQ's need a continuing support plan in order to have success.  While every one is unique and have their own personal qualities, from experience I have saw that many of the the individuals with higher IQ's need social skills training and reminders, as well as safety skills, and even hygiene skills reminders etc. 

While its nice to say you don't think a cure is needed...In all honesty, a cure would be beneficial.  In saying this, I am not being negative or putting anyone who has autism down.  Just saying if there was a cure that could decrease the symptoms it would be awesome. 

I myself have ADHD, and I wished there was a cure for it because for now I have to really work at dealing with the symptoms.  I am not saying that I think I am less of a person because I have Attention Deficit Hyperactivity disorder. Just saying that I think it would be much better if there was a cure...don't you?

A few of questions to better understand what you are saying:

1. Would you like to be cured of the things that make you unique?

2. My autism allows me to find the weakness or inefficiency in any given situation as an example. It makes me very good at my job. Would you have other autistic people like Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Sir Isaac Newton, Albert Einstein, Susan Boyle, Michelangelo, Temple Grandin, Jerry Seinfield, Emily Dickinson, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, and even Thomas Jefferson to be cured?

3. Also is dyslexia curable? Or being left-handed?

I would say people with autism do not need curing. We need to be understood and accepted for the creative, quirky, intelligent, kind individuals that we  are.

I think it is important to acknowledge that, for some families, there are features of autism that cause considerable difficulties and heartache. 

I find that most of them time those that feel a cure for autism is needed are those that are dealing with some more intense and difficult challenges as parents (and if they're not parents or close relations of an autistic person then they just have no clue what autism is and need more information). In this case I think it's simply acknowledging that the challenges they face are very difficult, and focus on the fact that what they really want is a cure for those challenges. I'm not necessarily talking about speech delay or mild "stimming" behavior. I'm talking about when parents or loved ones are facing something so debilitating and severely challenging with someone who is autistic. Finding solutions (through diet for example or through therapy) for those is a worthy cause, and does not cure autism itself. I can get behind that. :thumbsup: 

God bless,
GE

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Does it ever matter what people choose or like,  vs what God chooses and says ?

i..e His Kingdom is not subject to change by people's choices or likes or dis-likes.

He didn't ask His disciples what they wanted 'changed' to their liking, ever,

but always required them to give up their lives, their desires, their lusts and goals and dreams,

in fact everything,  just to be His disciples.  All of the natural man was consumed/ went to the cross/

died and was buried (in baptism),  and raised in a new creation/ newness of life/ God's Choosing and Purpose.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

39 minutes ago, GoldenEagle said:

Faith is not always the answer. Sometimes God allows us to go through trials and tribulations. Cancer is not healed. Deliverance doesn't come this side of heaven. God doesn't answer how we'd like Him to. 

Yes, that's a good point @missmuffet. @4LdKHVCzRDj2 another example comes to mind on how Paul said he had a constant challenge that he'd asked God to take away and God never did as far as we know. (See 2 Cor. 12) A special section I'd highlight are verses 8-10:

Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

God bless,
GE

It could not be said that Paul did not have faith. Instead, it could be said that God used Paul despite his weakness. This brought glory to God. Don't you think?

God bless,
GE

Really we dont' have to think in terms of it being a case of one or the other........we believe and have faith because healing is the children's bread.......and so we pray and ask for healing.  It doesn't necessarily mean that if healing doesn't come that it is the person's fault and lacking faith...... any more than the person born blind was due to his sin but for the glory of God........only God knows.  Nevertheless we have faith that if it is God's will He is well able to heal.  So if we desire healing, we ask in faith.  I like the testimony of the one here praying in tongues for his family, he is demonstrating faith and the Lord is answering it, praise the Lord.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, Waggles said:

Heredity plays a part.

I have autistic traits. Never was much successful at being in the in crowd.

Loved reading books and learning facts - full of trivia. Still read dictionaries. 

I prefer my own company. Still don't have any close friends, though I have acquaintances. 

My last son is autistic. High functioning with very noticeable OCD traits. 

Will talk to you [not a conversation] about all things X Box and gaming or the specs of vehicles. 

Now my beautiful granddaughter, Astrid, is very autistic. 3 years old and doesn't talk, still needs to wear 

nappies and loves her bottle. 

Has begun therapy with speech pathologist and occupational therapist. 

High maintenance. Tantrums. Melt downs. 

But she loves her Opa [grandpa] 

The thing is though that I pray in tongues for them both. 

First for my son who is now 24 years old - the Lord has healed and helped him immensely 

and he has progressed over the years to a more socially coping and educated young man. 

Has even had periods of paid employment. Drives his 1996 Nissan Pulsar pretty good. 

Very witty to the point of being annoying. 

When it comes to my granddaughter I just pray for her often [in tongues of course] and 

she is improving much. Little by little she is connecting more and more with adults and 

even has days described as pretty good with no meltdowns. 

She will cuddle up to me and takes my hand and leads me to what she wants. 

She is happy to see me, and shows it, by looking at me sideways and 'showing off' 

with little dances of sorts. 

I am no doctor, no psychologist but I am a son by adoption of the living God; 

and my best efforts are in praying daily for my autistic family members. 

Can Jesus heal autism? I suppose so, why not? He is the Creator. 

I believe that healing is in direct proportion to faith and the will of God for us. 

Astrid is beautiful, yet challenging. And through her we adults are learning a lot more about real love 

and sacrifice. 

I'm inspired by your testimony Waggles.......may the Lord bless you and your dear family.

• Thumbs Up 3

29 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Does it ever matter what people choose or like,  vs what God chooses and says ?

i..e His Kingdom is not subject to change by people's choices or likes or dis-likes.

He didn't ask His disciples what they wanted 'changed' to their liking, ever,

but always required them to give up their lives, their desires, their lusts and goals and dreams,

in fact everything,  just to be His disciples.  All of the natural man was consumed/ went to the cross/

died and was buried (in baptism),  and raised in a new creation/ newness of life/ God's Choosing and Purpose.

Not sure I get this post. To what or to who is this in response to?

god bless GE

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  131
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Some folks say that everyone is on the spectrum, but i'd say it's more that everyone's a bit awkward and can empathize with some things.

I'd view it like I view a racing video game. It doesn't matter what car you choose, but rather how you use it. Some cars have tons of speed and little handling, some tons of handling and little speed, a few are fairly average, etc. They can all be useful in their own ways. In this sense, autism in not a detriment; merely a different means of going about the race.

• Thumbs Up 1