GoldenEagle

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

Of course it's wrong.  I've taught students with autism.  My brother is on the spectrum.  None are possessed by the devil.

With that poster's use "have a fit", I think he/she is talking about epilepsy which is also ridiculous to equate with possession.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

So your saying Jesus was misguided when he called it a demon?

A demonic spirit can cause these misfires in the brain.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

All sickness and disease come from the devil, sin causes death, sickness and disease is a result of sin. God doesn't cause sickness and disease. So epilepsy and autism are caused by the devil whether directly or indirectly, he is the cause. To say I'm misguided just shows what you don't know the devil can do. Everyone today thinks everything has to do with science when in actual FACT the root cause is the devil and his demons. To put it all down to science is to show no understanding of the spiritual realm.  

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30

I have epilepsy.  I've mentioned it on this board more than once.  I am not demon possessed.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Rejoicing in CHRIST JESUS ALWAYS:

“I live, yet not I, but Christ liveth in me.” When the Holy Spirit thus reveals Him to the heart we can surely say, as a saint once said after such a vision,

“I have had such a sight of Christ that I never can be discouraged again.”

http://www.worthychristianlibrary.com/ab-simpson/walking-in-the-spirit/chapter-7-the-spirit-of-holiness/

Also, when something as simple as a natural growing anti-spasmodic (cannot be named on the forum;  search at health food stores and naturopathic licensed doctors) can stop seizures,  that's a sure sign it is not a spiritual problem.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Asperger's (a form of Autism) . Nephew and niece in same family of four kids. God knew what he was doing giving them to my brother Jim (one of the more caring people I have ever met).

A malady, product of fallen human nature in a fallen sin world which can be over come by patience, kindness, love, and most of all Grace.

Along with the millions of other maladies that mankind faces.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

No matter what people suggest in this thread ,never stop taking medication as this can be life threatening if you listen to people who like to play doctor,do what your doctor tells you to do.

God is our strength,our Healer our Helper and He gives us doctors who He can work through for our own good.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62

One can not blame satan for every sin or health issue or even not enough faith. I do agree with sojo, in that saying that satan is the root cause for health issues implies that medication isn't necessary and wrong. The apostles made the assumption that the blind man was blind because of some sin. Jesus corrected that notion by telling them that neither the man or his parents had sinned. But that the purpose was so that the blind man would bring glory to God through his testimony to the leaders and people alike.

Paul never mentioned exactly what the thorn in his side was. Only that it was a reminder that he was just a man like everyone else, so he wouldn't be going on an ego trip. Paul also told Timothy to drink a little wine to help with his stomach issues... Paul had no trouble exercising faith but for reasons unknown to us... he told Timothy to use wine as a form of medication. And I can assure you, that Timothy certainly had faith nor was he demon possessed.

It is really damaging to a weaker believers faith to be told that they don't have enough faith because they don't measure up to another believer's opinion or level of faith. Or that they have a medical condition because they somehow sinned and are being punished. And this is very, very wrong. Telling people this has caused needless fear for no reason and / or death of others who have stopped taking much needed medication in an attempt to show they had faith. And when the healings don't happen...some have lost their faith completely.

This very thing being posted in this thread, was shown in the action and words of Job's three friends. They were so sure and firmly convinced that Jobs problems were the result of some sin. And it was NOT so. God wasn't happy with his 3 friends and they were told by God himself that they were wrong about Job and God. It is just as wrong to assume something as it is to accuse someone else of either being demon possessed or that they have sinned somehow and they are being punished through either demon possession or illness.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

Locked at OP request.