HisFirst

Seriously??? Brawl over bag of cherries....

8 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Honestly I can see it. Just like the crowd who participates in Black Friday. They can trample and kill each other over a doll.

That's really revolting!

1 minute ago, HisFirst said:

That's really revolting!

That's Christmas in the US, sadly...

7 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

That's Christmas in the US, sadly...

Extremely sad...

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, HisFirst said:

Extremely sad...

That is why I never do the Black Friday thing.  Story after story about people getting violent over a TV or toy or something.   Christmas is waaaay too commercialized.  The retail industry is partly to blame.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, shiloh357 said:

That is why I never do the Black Friday thing.  Story after story about people getting violent over a TV or toy or something.   Christmas is waaaay too commercialized.  The retail industry is partly to blame.

We have Boxing Day sales in Aus - is that what these Black Friday sales are or are they every month?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, HisFirst said:

We have Boxing Day sales in Aus - is that what these Black Friday sales are or are they every month?

It's just the Friday after Thanksgiving.  Black Friday is the official first day of the Christmas shopping season in the US.  Thanksgiving is always on a Thursday and people have big meal and then they will wake up early, and I mean early on Friday at crazy O' clock in the morning.   In some cases, people just stay up because the sales start at midnight and people are there trying to get the deal they want.  It's just insane.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, shiloh357 said:

It's just the Friday after Thanksgiving.  Black Friday is the official first day of the Christmas shopping season in the US.  Thanksgiving is always on a Thursday and people have big meal and then they will wake up early, and I mean early on Friday at crazy O' clock in the morning.   In some cases, people just stay up because the sales start at midnight and people are there trying to get the deal they want.  It's just insane.

Sounds like it may  even be more important than the Thanksgiving get-together for some folk!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, HisFirst said:

Sounds like it may  even be more important than the Thanksgiving get-together for some folk!

It is, unfortunately.   We are not a thankful people and that is disappointing.

• This is Worthy 1

On 1/14/2018 at 4:18 AM, HisFirst said:

They have WalMarts in Australia? lol