• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/23/1978

We're supposed to bring the Word of God with grace seasoned with salt, but a lot of times people will cut you to shreds if you don't see it exactly how they do. It seems like everyone wants to be the hero and the master of the Word of God.  Hard to find people who can have a decent conversation over the word of God when they don't see it exactly eye to eye...It reminds me of this verse. 

Galatians 5

14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, MorningGlory said:

There have been several threads deleted recently.  Don't knpw why bu then.....?

When we delete entire threads it is generally because a violation was committed by the OP or the initial post itself was in violation.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

13 hours ago, missmuffet said:

when-christians-rage-at-each-other.jpg

Romans 14King James Version (KJV)

14 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.

2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.

8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.

14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

15 But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.

16 Let not then your good be evil spoken of:

17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

18 For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.

19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

20 For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.

21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.

22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.

23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

I've said it before. If people would just follow Jesus two Commandments, there should be no need to bicker about minute things. 1)Love God above everything else. Focus on God, making sure to follow him in your walk. 2) Do on to others how you would want them to do onto you. Give respect get respect. Live and let live. Leave Jesus authority to Jesus. Quit judging, condemning, insulting and possibly placing stumbling blocks before others, while definitely placing them before yourselves. Remember each individual will be judged on their own works (not speaking earthly works). It's not based on the works of others.

My opinion!!!

Stay focused on God!!! Be Blessed!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Put 10 people in a room and give them a verse of scripture to interpret. You might get 10 different answers.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Next, put any number of new creations together.   (instead of carnal worldly people)

As in ACTS,  etc....

All lived IN UNION WITH JESUS and THE FATHER,  DAILY/ continually full of grace, joy, peace AND RIGHTNESS/ Righteousness.

No false doctrines permitted.  All taken care of as directed in SCRIPTURE;  NO heresies permitted, as are here.(on internet)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Put 10 people in a room and give them a verse of scripture to interpret. You might get 10 different answers.

Not 20? I was thinking 20 or more.  :laugh:

No, really. I've seen groups like that. Some even call themselves "Bible Studies." Needless to say, I didn't hang around long.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

1 minute ago, walla299 said:

Not 20? I was thinking 20 or more.  :laugh:

No, really. I've seen groups like that. Some even call themselves "Bible Studies." Needless to say, I didn't hang around long.

That could be the case as well :) Some people have interpreted a particular verse of Scripture and I am going " what he heck???". They are giving the verse their own meaning.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

6 hours ago, missmuffet said:

The reason this is such a pandemic now .  the reason we got so many different interpretations .   IS how so many were raised in schools

in churches.   EVERYBODYS OPINION MATTERS.     I once, even before coming to Christ back in ninety nine.   Had went into a church to pick up the girl

I was seeing at the time.    I sat idly by and watched a group of about eight people sitting and discussing the bible.   

the one man that seemed to be directing the group was asking each one their interpretation on a few certain scriptures.

All answered one by one ,    three of them had opinions that contradicted the others , and not only that but each other as well.   AND each one was told

HEY that is good you see it like that.  EVEN as a lost man,  I was like WHAT the heck inside my head of course.  these people are contradicting each other

and each one is getting told hey that's a good point .       YEAH the churches have been in shambles long before I even came to Christ .

IT is like me asking you and a few others what did JESUS mean when he said Go and sin no more

and you say well he meant Go and sin no more and someone else said no he knew we couldn't stop but that we should try

and someone else saying NO he actually meant Go and sin more .    and then me the person who asked you all said , GOOD JOB to all three.

THIS pander to the people crap killed the church .    THIS is why that and in school concepts like TRUTH is only what YOU think it is etc crap .

We are not entitled to our own perception of truth.  ITS either TRUTH or it aint.    PEROID.  

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

15 minutes ago, Butero said:

We have to learn to put personal biases aside.  At that point, we can learn something from the Bible.  I wasn't sure where you were going based on the OP, but you make good points in this thread.  

We should.   but here is the thing.    IF we truly were drawn by CHRIST   WE DO.   its only truth we love .    That ought to put a wee bit of fear in some .

HOW can it be the HOLY GHOST guiding us , IF ITS NOT CHRISTS pure sayings WE LOVE and nothing else will do.     THE HOLY GHOST don't offer opinions

ONLY TRUTH .   I pray this sinks in .  I really do.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Amen.  Let this be accomplished by the Father in His Grace.

3 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

CHRISTS pure sayings WE LOVE and nothing else will do.