IGNORED

any truth to the stereotype mommies boys and daddies girls?

Equippers

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  0

that father tend to form a closer bond with girls and mother tend to form a closer bond with boys?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

It's not a closer bond, but sometimes a different bond. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Yes.

Of course,  the opposite is true also.

And then, also,  a few parents raise their children in the right way - "the way they should go" .

11 minutes ago, Equippers said:

that father tend to form a closer bond with girls and mother tend to form a closer bond with boys?

• Thumbs Up 2

/

Edited by Equippers

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

A man needs to be respectful to his mother. Sometimes a man is close to his mother. But if the relationship is too close and she is too dependent on her son that is not healthy.

Sometimes a father and daughter bond more than the mother and daughter. They have a closer relationship. That is ok. There is a good chance that the daughter will have a healthy relationship with men and a happy marriage if she has a good relationship with her father.

41 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

A man needs to be respectful to his mother. Sometimes a man is close to his mother. But if the relationship is too close and she is too dependent on her son that is not healthy.

Sometimes a father and daughter bond more than the mother and daughter. They have a closer relationship. That is ok. There is a good chance that the daughter will have a healthy relationship with men and a happy marriage if she has a good relationship with her father.

yes, i agree

though i also wonder why the difference?

why is it for boys having a too close relationship with his mother is considered negative including on his development

where as it is the opposite for girls?

i mean i have read this article on this woman talking about how much she adores her father and no other man would ever measure up, not even her poor hubby! i remember thinking wow, that can not be healthy for her marriage!

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

7 minutes ago, Equippers said:

yes, i agree

though i also wonder why the difference?

why is it for boys having a too close relationship with his mother is considered negative including on his development

where as it is the opposite for girls?

i mean i have read this article on this woman talking about how much she adores her father and no other man would ever measure up, not even her poor hubby! i remember thinking wow, that can not be healthy for her marriage!

It should not be negative for a mother and son to have a close relationship unless they are too dependent on each other and it is not healthy. A Christian woman who is looking for a good relationship in a man should first pick a Christian and secondly she should look at how he treats his mother. I know some daughter in laws who are jealous of their mother in law just because he husband is close to his mother. The son should help his mother all that he can.

Maybe the daughter was fixated on her dad for some reason. Too much of that is not healthy.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

Hi Equippers,

I don't believe it to be true and set in stone.

My belief is the relationship of both parents or just one, is solely based on the situation and circumstance of time spent together and level of care or lack of it.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

It depends really. But a healthy family relationship would be one to have good relationship with both his or her parents. There maybe difference in how she or he would relate to his or her father and mother of course but generally both parents play vital roles in a son or daughter's development uniquely. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

It should not be negative for a mother and son to have a close relationship unless they are too dependent on each other and it is not healthy. A Christian woman who is looking for a good relationship in a man should first pick a Christian and secondly she should look at how he treats his mother. I know some daughter in laws who are jealous of their mother in law just because he husband is close to his mother. The son should help his mother all that he can.

but does it not apply to girls who are too close to their fathers?

in all fairness, i think son in laws are probably less prone to unreasonable jealousy of their father in law

but still, Christians husbands "and" wives should have a healthy cleave from their parents in order to have a healthy marriage

yes, you are right, you absolutely do not want to have a mental pushy woman marry into your family, and there are plenty of that even among the so called mature Christian woman

on the other hand, sometimes mother in laws can be overbearing, too interfering at times.

my ex BIL mother basically encouraged her son to cheat (she was not a believer btw), and boy God put her baby boy through the wringers all right, and in the process, made her suffer, she deserved it!

Edited by Equippers