IGNORED

WorthyNews: Hawaii says lack of adequate fail-safe measures led to false missile alert

WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  292
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, other one said:

interestingly, Japan had a false alert today.....   tells me that something is going on....

I agree and I hope both incidents are being thoroughly investigated.  When you have a country like North Korea that has nuclear capabilities but inferior to us, complacency is their best friend.  If they can desensitize us to warnings, it increases the chance that we could be hesitant to respond and give their weapons time.  Not good.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
5 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

I think Shiloh provided an excellent answer:

The system was tested and that someone deliberately did this. As I stated in my previous reply: " This is why these things are supposed to be tested beforehand;  the excuse "exposing a broken system" via incompetence or stupidity is no excuse at all. " This employee was not "exposing a broken system", but clicked two boxes that they had no business clicking in unison unless there was an attack. I was pointing out that the excuse doesn't fly because these things should be (and are) tested.

So that leads me to the question: why is there always an excuse for when people commit wickedness or acts of deliberate malice? Why is everyone suddenly "a victim who didn't have a chance"? It seems no one is expected to take responsibility for their behavior anymore. >:(

Yes and now Japan suddenly had a similar "accident"  when their alarms went off.  That, to me, demonstrates that there is an attempt to stir the pot.   And of course, Tulsi Gabbard blames Trump for the "accident" in Hawaii.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

8 hours ago, shoes_untied said:

I agree and I hope both incidents are being thoroughly investigated.  When you have a country like North Korea that has nuclear capabilities but inferior to us, complacency is their best friend.  If they can desensitize us to warnings, it increases the chance that we could be hesitant to respond and give their weapons time.  Not good.

I would think that just as likely someone in Japan and Hawaii understand how unprepared most people are....   I do hope that at least people take heed and do some thinking about what they are going to do if/when it is real.  Panicking isn't a good reaction to an attack.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

16 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Given that it is a civil defense computer, it has a lot of fail safe programs installed.  It is not an accident and the one who did it should be fired.

You have no way of knowing for certain that it was deliberate act, or what failsafes -- if any -- were installed in this CD software.

13 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

I think Shiloh provided an excellent answer:

The system was tested and that someone deliberately did this....

The only ones who know this for sure is the employee in question and God, and you are neither.

And your opinion of Shiloh's answer is just that: your opinion.

Guest shiloh357
7 hours ago, OldSchool2 said:

You have no way of knowing for certain that it was deliberate act, or what failsafes -- if any -- were installed in this CD software.

Yeah, when you have two "accidents"  happening one after the other like this, it speaks to a deliberate attempt.   And I know that the Civil Service as at least as good a fail-safe device as the insurance company I worked at has, and one major component of that fail-safe is not letting you accidentally click a button that would result in a non-reversable action.

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

Yeah, when you have two "accidents"  happening one after the other like this, it speaks to a deliberate attempt.   And I know that the Civil Service as at least as good a fail-safe device as the insurance company I worked at has....

I doubt your insurance company had ballistic missile alert failsafe devices, or anything remotely like it.

Guest shiloh357
11 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

I doubt your insurance company had ballistic missile alert failsafe devices, or anything remotely like it.

Doesn't matter.