Jaynee

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Looking for some opinions/ bible info. Is Heaven a place where we will physically be? Or a place we will feel spiritually? 

Also - I'm aware the dead will sleep, until the coming of Jesus. I don't believe we go straight to Heaven. I believe we will all be judged at the same time. Although, the part I'm unsure about is, where will our minds and souls be during this time of "sleep"? And are the saved at peace during this time? 

My Grandmother has recently passed away, she was saved also. I suppose it's just made me wonder about these things a little more and spiritually where will she be at this moment ? If anywhere ? 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

22 minutes ago, Jaynee said:

Is Heaven a place where we will physically be? Or a place we will feel spiritually?

We will get a new body, an incorruptible body.

"Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed—
in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound,
and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality,
then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.” - 1 Corinthians 15:51-54

And we will be there, consciously, seeing and hearing everything.

"But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father's kingdom." - Matthew 26:29

25 minutes ago, Jaynee said:

And are the saved at peace during this time?

The saved ones will always be in peace, the torment is reserved for those who reject the Lord Jesus.

God bless you!

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.99
  • Days Won:  21

Hi, hope the weather is better up there.

These questions are sort-of answered, or half alluded to in the scriptures. I would hazard a guess that it will be totally mind-blowing and something we cannot understand (or go mad) right now. I have my own thoughts on this matter as I sometimes daydream about flying (without my 'plane) amongst those fluffy clouds that race across the sky. Or dive-bombing the waves as they crash on the rocks below.

As we are at peace and not really 'with it' during slumber, it is probable that when we die, we will rest in a timeless zone, and on awakening, see that it has all changed and a new reality approaches us.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

32 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Hi, hope the weather is better up there.

These questions are sort-of answered, or half alluded to in the scriptures. I would hazard a guess that it will be totally mind-blowing and something we cannot understand (or go mad) right now. I have my own thoughts on this matter as I sometimes daydream about flying (without my 'plane) amongst those fluffy clouds that race across the sky. Or dive-bombing the waves as they crash on the rocks below.

As we are at peace and not really 'with it' during slumber, it is probable that when we die, we will rest in a timeless zone, and on awakening, see that it has all changed and a new reality approaches us.

Thank you @Justin Adams the weather here is still cold! Due some snow later today also haha! Nothing new for us though! 

Thanks for the reply. So you think when we pass, we are not really "anywhere"?  Just in a "deep sleep"as such? Until judgement? If I am making any sense sorry? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.99
  • Days Won:  21

We who are the saved believers are under the altar of God. Well protected and cared for.

The others appear to be in Sheol as far as the ancient's way of speaking. The early Mesopotamian thought processes were also largely alluded to in ancient Hebrew writings.  Their belief systems can be seen in the supposedly flat earth pictorial understanding. Not exact, but what they thought of as the unseen reality of their times.

Since time is a created constraint, as well as our 'reality' it is difficult to divorce ones thoughts from that which we have grown up with. Thus it must be with allegory and inference that we explore the actual spirit world in which we have a mortal presence yet are without physical construct literally.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,522
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi, Sorry for your sorrow, may it be tempered by the joy of knowing God, the sacrifice made by Jesus and the certainty of eternal life with God for all that do come to repent of their sin against God receiving the Holy Spirit and acknowledging Christ jesus as their Lord and savior.

Perhaps the following  from Pauls inspired by God letter to the church of Jesus at Corinth may be of beginning comfort and help to you.

2 Corinthians 5English Standard Version (ESV)

Our Heavenly Dwelling

For we know that if the tent that is our earthly home is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.  For in this tent we groan, longing to put on our heavenly dwelling,  if indeed by putting it on we may not be found naked.  For while we are still in this tent, we groan, being burdened—not that we would be unclothed, but that we would be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life.  He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord,  for we walk by faith, not by sight.  Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord.  So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.

The Ministry of Reconciliation

Therefore, knowing the fear of the Lord, we persuade others. But what we are is known to God, and I hope it is known also to your conscience.  We are not commending ourselves to you again but giving you cause to boast about us, so that you may be able to answer those who boast about outward appearance and not about what is in the heart.  For if we are beside ourselves, it is for God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you.  For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this: that one has died for all, therefore all have died;  and he died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised.

From now on, therefore, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we once regarded Christ according to the flesh, we regard him thus no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.  All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation;  that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.  Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.  For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

2 hours ago, Jaynee said:

Looking for some opinions/ bible info. Is Heaven a place where we will physically be? Or a place we will feel spiritually? 

Also - I'm aware the dead will sleep, until the coming of Jesus. I don't believe we go straight to Heaven. I believe we will all be judged at the same time. Although, the part I'm unsure about is, where will our minds and souls be during this time of "sleep"? And are the saved at peace during this time? 

My Grandmother has recently passed away, she was saved also. I suppose it's just made me wonder about these things a little more and spiritually where will she be at this moment ? If anywhere ? 

As far as the purpose that God has for His children here & now on earth it is obvious He considered it much more vital that we understand the permanence and horror of hell ,

rather than the glories of heaven that are  ours .

The consideration of the perishing being the paramount focus for us here & now in God's mind  , rather than the self consideration of our own reward .

The saved are safe with Christ and that is enough for us to know now.

This is why Jesus spoke much more about the conditions of hell , the penalty of sin, than He ever did about heaven.

Thus the description Jesus gave of the rich man living in a palace of luxury and sumptuous lavish living bound for hell , and the poor beggar bound for glory .

In the eyes of the world there is nothing a poor beggar  could ever do for a Bill gates  , or a Steve Jobs , but to God a poor penniless beggar could lead them to something  that all their money could never buy . 

We are not completely without description of heaven  though . From the human perspective there is one instance in scripture of someone having a brief glimpse of heaven :

" ..caught up into paradise and heard unspeakable words "   ( 2 Corinthians 12 :4 ) 

Apparently a scene so magnificent in it's joys . pleasures & blessings that Paul felt no words in the human language could do it justice  .

It has been speculated that this glimpse given Paul occurred when he was stoned to death , after which God actually raised him from the dead , which must have been a disappointment for him . 

But he understood the tasks the Lord  still had left for him to accomplish .

We can have however in our quiet hours of devotion experience a special nearness of heaven .

Our distinguished honor to personally  speak with Almighty of Himself can bring us very near to experiencing heaven .

When His words of counsel and guidance come to us in our hour of need and    " our hearts burn within us "  .

Comforted & strengthened , we may not be in heaven ,  but we can experience the mountaintop   . 

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

4 minutes ago, Unfailing Presence said:

Comforted & strengthened , we may not be in heaven ,  but we can experience the mountaintop   . 

For research/ searching/  I believe Jesus (in a paraphrase or expanded translation of the Bible, not contradicting the plain english ones and not contradicting any part of God's Word or Plan or Purpose in Christ Jesus)

says to the disciples with Him (when He was still training and leading them in Person) , (after they are called and chosen and set apart and immersed in His Name)

"You are ALREADY IN THE KINGDOM of GOD,  now start living like it!"

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

4 minutes ago, Yowm said:

That's why I don't care for paraphrases.

No worries - notice that the paraphrase is totally in line with God's Word (Scripture),  which also may not be to your caring.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

6 hours ago, Jaynee said:

Have you ever had a deep sleep and woken up thinking that you had just gone to sleep only to find out you slept for 10 hours?

Have you ever been put under anesthetic only to wake up hours later and you only remember a word or two before you concked out and no idea how long you were out for?

I  think that's what it will be like for us. This "sleep" may be a long time but it will seem like nothing.

I had a friend say, just before dying.....see you in a minute.  To him that's all it will seem like.

Caused me to really think about it and that it is possible to "be asleep (dead)" a long time and it will seem like a nano-second.

Time has to do with things created.....all created things come to an end, so there is a beginning and an end. That is measured using time.

Time and the passing of time is for our physical existance.

Once we die, time won't matter....no more deadlines, no more pressing appointments etc.

• Thumbs Up 1