• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

6 hours ago, Jaynee said:

Looking for some opinions/ bible info. Is Heaven a place where we will physically be? Or a place we will feel spiritually? 

Also - I'm aware the dead will sleep, until the coming of Jesus. I don't believe we go straight to Heaven. I believe we will all be judged at the same time. Although, the part I'm unsure about is, where will our minds and souls be during this time of "sleep"? And are the saved at peace during this time? 

My Grandmother has recently passed away, she was saved also. I suppose it's just made me wonder about these things a little more and spiritually where will she be at this moment ? If anywhere ? 

Those Christian souls that are in heaven right now are physically in heaven. They have a different form but they are able to recognize each other. They will have a more solid form when their soul reunites with the body in the resurrection at the rapture of the Church. A more solid form like we have right now.

When the born again Christian dies their soul goes immediately to heaven.That soul has a mind.  The body either stays in the grave or is in a waiting state if it has been cremated or lost at sea until the resurrection. Those souls who are not a Christian go immediately to Hades. That is a waiting area for them until their soul is reunited with their body at the end of the 1000 year millennium at which time they will be judged in the Great White Throne judgement and thrown into the everlasting eternal fire of hell.

Those who do not believe that the soul goes immediately to heaven believe in "soul sleep" that is not biblical.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Thinking the soul is separated from the body is a heresy from centuries ago.

Thinking someone floats to heaven or to hell without their body is a myth from babylon or other fables introduced into the church after the corrupt authorities took over,  and still carries over today in the daughters of the harlot.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3,490
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Jaynee said:

Thank you @Justin Adams the weather here is still cold! Due some snow later today also haha! Nothing new for us though! 

Thanks for the reply. So you think when we pass, we are not really "anywhere"?  Just in a "deep sleep"as such? Until judgement? If I am making any sense sorry? 

Exactly; However I would change the phrase "deep sleep" as it's a bit of a slur phrase to what it actually is sleep of death , and it's just as Paul taught

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood [i.e., mortality] cannot inherit the kingdom of God, neither doth corruption inherit incorruption." 1 Cor. 15:50

and here

But our commonwealth is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will change our lowly body to be like his glorious body (Philippians 3:20-21)

In other words when you die, you can't be in heaven, otherwise you would have to be immortal; unfortunately  immortality is only given at judgment when Christ comes.

And are the saved at peace during this time?

I would say they are in a place of silence.

where will our minds and souls be during

To answer this question we need to understand what makes a soul/minds

The LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul" (Genesis 2:7).

The breath of God and dust makes a human being, inother words; soul means human being.

Since soul means human being; therefore a soul is not immortal. So a soul dies; it's silenced, so is the mind

"His  breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish" (Psalm 146:4)

• Brilliant! 1

10 minutes ago, inchrist said:

unfortunately  immortality is only given at judgment when Christ comes.

Why would anyone think this (or any variation if this is off a bit) is UNfortunate ?

When YHWH decides to give immortality,  that is the BEST EVER TIME !  (of course, this doesn't do well nor anything  for those raised to shame and destruction)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Soul sleep is a dangerous belief and take away our hope.

Question: "What does the Bible say about soul sleep?"

Answer:
“Soul sleep” is a belief that after a person dies, his/her soul “sleeps” until the resurrection and final judgment. The concept of “soul sleep” is not biblical. When the Bible describes a person “sleeping” in relation to death (Luke 8:52; 1 Corinthians 15:6), it does not mean literal sleep. Sleeping is just a way to describe death because a dead body appears to be asleep. The moment we die, we face the judgment of God (Hebrews 9:27). For believers, to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord (2 Corinthians 5:6-8; Philippians 1:23). For unbelievers, death means everlasting punishment in hell (Luke 16:22-23).

Until the final resurrection, though, there is a temporary heaven—paradise (Luke 23:43; 2 Corinthians 12:4) and a temporary hell—Hades (Revelation 1:18; 20:13-14). As can be clearly seen in Luke 16:19-31, neither in paradise nor in Hades are people sleeping. It could be said, though, that a person’s body is “sleeping” while his soul is in paradise or Hades. At the resurrection, this body is “awakened” and transformed into the everlasting body a person will possess for eternity, whether in heaven or hell. Those who were in paradise will be sent to the new heavens and new earth (Revelation 21:1). Those who were in Hades will be thrown into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:11-15). These are the final, eternal destinations of all people—based entirely on whether or not a person trusted in Jesus Christ for salvation.

Present-day defenders of soul sleep include the Seventh Day Adventist church, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christadelphians, and others.

https://www.gotquestions.org/search.php?zoom_query=soul+sleep&search.x=25&search.y=17

2 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Soul sleep is a dangerous belief and take away our hope.

Don't worry about soul sleep.  The false teachings you propose often are wrong also.

So, instead, if YHWH permits, find out what Scripture says.  

The soul never floats away as mythological greek or babylon pagan religions say and as those were introduced by the enemy into churches worldwide. (and apparently with other false teachings as you have posted about I guess from your psator or church ? ).

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Mike 2 said:

Have you ever had a deep sleep and woken up thinking that you had just gone to sleep only to find out you slept for 10 hours?

Have you ever been put under anesthetic only to wake up hours later and you only remember a word or two before you concked out and no idea how long you were out for?

I  think that's what it will be like for us. This "sleep" may be a long time but it will seem like nothing.

I had a friend say, just before dying.....see you in a minute.  To him that's all it will seem like.

Caused me to really think about it and that it is possible to "be asleep (dead)" a long time and it will seem like a nano-second.

Time has to do with things created.....all created things come to an end, so there is a beginning and an end. That is measured using time.

Time and the passing of time is for our physical existance.

Once we die, time won't matter....no more deadlines, no more pressing appointments etc.

Thank you for taking the time to explain this @Mike 2

3 hours ago, Mike 2 said:

Have you ever been put under anesthetic only to wake up hours later and you only remember a word or two before you concked out and no idea how long you were out for?

I  think that's what it will be like for us. This "sleep" may be a long time but it will seem like nothing.

I had a friend say, just before dying.....see you in a minute.  To him that's all it will seem like.

Caused me to really think about it and that it is possible to "be asleep (dead)" a long time and it will seem like a nano-second.

Right,  good description that doesn't violate Scripture like the other 'theories' and myths about going right to heaven  or hell that were added to the apostate church centuries ago from pagan religions.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, inchrist said:

Exactly; However I would change the phrase "deep sleep" as it's a bit of a slur phrase to what it actually is sleep of death , and it's just as Paul taught

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood [i.e., mortality] cannot inherit the kingdom of God, neither doth corruption inherit incorruption." 1 Cor. 15:50

and here

But our commonwealth is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will change our lowly body to be like his glorious body (Philippians 3:20-21)

In other words when you die, you can't be in heaven, otherwise you would have to be immortal; unfortunately  immortality is only given at judgment when Christ comes.

I would say they are in a place of silence.

To answer this question we need to understand what makes a soul/minds

The LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul" (Genesis 2:7).

The breath of God and dust makes a human being, inother words; soul means human being.

Since soul means human being; therefore a soul is not immortal. So a soul dies; it's silenced, so is the mind

"His  breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish" (Psalm 146:4)

Thank you @inchrist

I enjoyed reading your reply. In your opinion, do you think we have thoughts in this place of silence? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

39 minutes ago, Jaynee said:

Thank you @inchrist

I enjoyed reading your reply. In your opinion, do you think we have thoughts in this place of silence? 

There some who don't hold to this . If your saved you go to be with the Lord right away. Paul wrote to be absent from the body is to be present with the lord.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1