• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Just now, Wayne222 said:

To build your house on the rock you need to be saved. Which is by faith in Christ. No one could walk in the spirit unless they are regenerated by the holy spirit. Then you can add to your faith goodness knowledge godliness brotherly kindness and love. Growing in the faith and knowledge of Jesus.

NOW THAT IS WORTHY TO BE SAID.    sure I knew it  , but MAN I just loved hearing it so much ,    SAY IT AGAIN wayne.   SAY IT AGAIN.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

Just now, frienduff thaylorde said:

NOW THAT IS WORTHY TO BE SAID.    sure I knew it  , but MAN I just loved hearing it so much ,    SAY IT AGAIN wayne.   SAY IT AGAIN.

Grow in the faith and knowledge of Jesus Christ I said it and I believe it. And we are saved by Jesus not our works. Give him glory on this.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill

1 minute ago, Wayne222 said:

Grow in the faith and knowledge of Jesus Christ I said it and I believe it. And we are saved by Jesus not our works. Give him glory on this.

ABSOLUTELY TRUE.    Say it again wayne , say it just one more time . 

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

2 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

ABSOLUTELY TRUE.    Say it again wayne , say it just one more time . 

I want you to say it brother Frienduff !

• Group:  Mars Hill

Just now, Wayne222 said:

I want you to say it brother Frienduff !

If you want follow me around the sites and posts.    ALWAYS have I said by grace alone we are saved

always have I said THE ONLY GOODNESS and RIGHTEOUSNESS I have is CHRIST

You might be assuming wrong about me , due to how serious I can be .   but I am right on that too.

Their is not an ounce of legalism in me .   The only thing I can earn apart FROM JESUS IS HELL FIRE and DEATH

If you like , I shall be overly happy to private mail you so many wonderful exhortations pointing to CHRIST ONLY.

My friend , we been lied too.    the way many use the term legalism IS A LIE .    carved out in that special way to make usfeel saved when we are not .

How often did that early church warn ,   HOW Often was it said IF you DO ,   as in get up and DO, as in OBEY THE SPIRIT .

Many trulyfail of the grace of GOD.   but I guess that is a lie to this generation too.    we cant fall , we can omit , we can cause GOD IS LOVE baby HE IS LOVE.

SO many aer dead wrong wayne.   YOU assuming wrong about me .    but that is okay.  stick around and keep watching and keep testing everything I say

but do so by reading whole letters for you from the bible,  you start over and just read it as a whole .    And keep reading and keep loving .

I promise IF we TRULY HAVE CHRIST , and we feast from the words in the gospels and letters to the churches ,   IT will become crystal clear

in time that many are deceived real bad.   But don't take my word for it.............TEST IT by reading that bible FOR YOU .   DO IT .

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3,490
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, wingnut- said:

Well, I agree with you on a lot of what you are saying, but to me there are important aspects of this to point to.  Paul does indeed speak of resurrection, and while he doesn't specifically state anything about an immortal soul, it is confirmed by scripture on many occasions indirectly from my viewpoint.

On your first point, exactly when do you believe you are saved?  At what point are you granted eternal life? 

Immortality is something to be obtained, not something inherent upon death. Rewards are only given when Christ comes again.

who "will render to each one according to his deeds": eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality (Romans 2:6-7).

This is why the book of life comes into play. 

If you are saved; your name is inscribed in the book of life. So God remembers you in thought , but you are certainly not alive in the hereafter. 

To me, this is one of the indirect teachings that point to what I believe to be true.  At no point that I am aware of, are we told that we will be granted eternal life, but that there is going to be a break in our existence when our bodies give out.  The very concept defies what is taught regarding being granted eternal life.  How can it be eternal if there is a time we cease to exist? 

You don't receive eternal life upon death. 

Romans 2:6-7 makes it clear eternal life is only received at Christ second coming.

How can the Holy Spirit become part of you and then you become nothing, even temporarily

Because that is biblical faith.

16 For if the dead do not rise, then Christ is not risen. 17 And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins! 18 Then also those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. (1 Corinthians 15:16-18

How can something perish if it has eternal life upon death?

Our faith calls for the sole belief in the resurrection to receive immortality not the other way round.

On your second point, mostly what I said above would be repeated, but I do have a few question in regards to this.  If we are to be resurrected like Christ (which I definitely agree with you on), doesn't that indicate we will still exist?

Only in thought or in writing. The book of life and  then resurrected into existence new

Do you believe Jesus ceased to exist for a period of time, or did He remain eternal?

1 Timothy 6:15-16.

He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone has immortality

Edited by inchrist

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3,490
  • Content Per Day:  0.96

7 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Look is not circumcision gone yet it was a law to Israel when a male child was born. Why was offerings done away with then. Yet Christ said think not that I have come to abolish the law. To me you confuse this statement that Christ said. He brought to pass all the prophecy in the law and in the bible that spoke of what the Christ would do. 

Circumcision of our private parts was never a requirement of faith in the Old and New Testament.

However you misunderstand Christ....he was the Law made flesh.

I don't know how anyone can accept Christ practised necromancy. The summon of the dead is forbidden.

Christ can not violate any of the laws. That is a biblical fact.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

On 1/15/2018 at 7:30 AM, Jaynee said:

Looking for some opinions/ bible info. Is Heaven a place where we will physically be? Or a place we will feel spiritually? 

Also - I'm aware the dead will sleep, until the coming of Jesus. I don't believe we go straight to Heaven. I believe we will all be judged at the same time. Although, the part I'm unsure about is, where will our minds and souls be during this time of "sleep"? And are the saved at peace during this time? 

My Grandmother has recently passed away, she was saved also. I suppose it's just made me wonder about these things a little more and spiritually where will she be at this moment ? If anywhere ? 

At death the soul returns to the Father the flesh goes back to dust never to be used nor needed again.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 1:03 AM, Jaynee said:

Thank you @TheMatrixHasU71 

That has helped. So, my question now is, when it says there will be a new heaven and a new earth.. this is not meaning at the same time, as in two different places? 

I have heard some people say that the "higher ranked" Christians will be with God in the new Heaven, and the "lower ranked" Christians will tend to and live on the "New Earth"? unsure what my own opinions on that are, but what would you say on that subject? 

Hi Jaynee,

Just saw your question and I`d like to give my thoughts. God made three different realms - the atmospheric heavens around our planet, where the birds and planes and clouds are, then the celestial sphere where the suns, and planets etc are, and finally the third heaven where the angelic hosts are.

Now the celestial and atmospheric heavens are polluted, as well as the earth, and thus we read of God making the new heavens and new earth. These areas are for special groups that God has planned. But there is no such thing as `higher and lower ranked` Christians as that would make the purposes of God reliant on man`s ability. Each area is for those God has given the inheritance to be there. All are within God`s great kingdom and are truly blessed.

regards, Marilyn.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, inchrist said:

Immortality is something to be obtained, not something inherent upon death. Rewards are only given when Christ comes again.

Eternal life is a promise, and it is not contingent on death according to scripture.

John 5:24  Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

Now in this verse, Jesus specifically says the believer HAS eternal life.  He also goes on to say that a believer HAS passed from death to life.  Already granted, and He expands on that in the very next verse.

John 5:25  “Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live. 26 For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself.

No waiting, that is what He is telling us.  Life is in Him, not by works, but by faith.  This is what being born again is all about, it isn't something that is put off to the future.  Rewards are a whole different ball of wax.  When Christ rose from the grave, He came out with the keys to death and Hades.

Revelation 1:17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last, 18 and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades.

God bless