• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3,490
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  1

27 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

Eternal life is a promise, and it is not contingent on death according to scripture.

John 5:24  Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

Now in this verse, Jesus specifically says the believer HAS eternal life.  He also goes on to say that a believer HAS passed from death to life.  Already granted, and He expands on that in the very next verse.

John 5:25  “Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live. 26 For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself.

That is half a picture; the following texts reveal that eternal life is something to be obtained in the future 

TITUS 1:2

a faith and knowledge resting on the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time,

TITUS 3:7

so that, having been justified by His grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.

These verses adequately explain that Christians have eternal life however it is in the sense that we have the hope of eternal life.

And that realisation is only given at the resurrection 

Romans 2:6-7

who "will render to each one according to his deeds": eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality  

Rewards; immortality is part of that rewards; which Christ comes with.

JUDE 21

Keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait  for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ  to bring you to eternal life

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

The soul is not automatically immortal

I Corinthians 15:53 "For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality."

To be in Christ is the only way to receive immortality as the soul can die

Matthew 10:28 "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear Him Which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

Man can kill your body but no man, not even Satan can kill your soul. To "destroy" is to cause you "to perish" or "cease to exist". It is only God that can judge your soul to hell fire and that comes after the judgment day. "Mortal" means "liable to die", and whether your soul dies or not is left up to God's judgment.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

12 hours ago, inchrist said:

Circumcision of our private parts was never a requirement of faith in the Old and New Testament.

However you misunderstand Christ....he was the Law made flesh.

I don't know how anyone can accept Christ practised necromancy. The summon of the dead is forbidden.

Christ can not violate any of the laws. That is a biblical fact.

Jesus never sin. No kidding. He was the lamb of God. Jesus did not summons the dead. God sent moses and elias to Jesus. 

• Praise God! 1

9 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Jesus never sin. No kidding. He was the lamb of God. Jesus did not summons the dead. God sent moses and elias to Jesus. 

No God sent a vision to Jesus and the disciples.....God is not going to violate His own law to summon the dead.

You're contradicting the nature of God.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

21 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Jaynee,

Just saw your question and I`d like to give my thoughts. God made three different realms - the atmospheric heavens around our planet, where the birds and planes and clouds are, then the celestial sphere where the suns, and planets etc are, and finally the third heaven where the angelic hosts are.

Now the celestial and atmospheric heavens are polluted, as well as the earth, and thus we read of God making the new heavens and new earth. These areas are for special groups that God has planned. But there is no such thing as `higher and lower ranked` Christians as that would make the purposes of God reliant on man`s ability. Each area is for those God has given the inheritance to be there. All are within God`s great kingdom and are truly blessed.

regards, Marilyn.

Marilyn.     You loved sister .   you are .  praise the Lord.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

On 1/20/2018 at 5:26 AM, inchrist said:

That is half a picture; the following texts reveal that eternal life is something to be obtained in the future 

Well, I simply disagree, and really the entire debate was resolved at the cross.

Luke 23:43  And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

Either one believes what Jesus said to the thief, or one does not.  The rest of this is just window dressing.

God bless

25 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

Well, I simply disagree, and really the entire debate was resolved at the cross.

Luke 23:43  And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

Either one believes what Jesus said to the thief, or one does not.  The rest of this is just window dressing.

God bless

But you should be aware Christ never went to "paradise" that day.

Also the original Greek has no punctuation.

Again I could just as easily remove the comma and place it here at the following.

Luke 23:43  And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you today(,) you will be with me in paradise.

35 minutes ago, inchrist said:

But you should be aware Christ never went to "paradise" that day.

Is He not omnipresent?  Perhaps you have forgotten what occurred.

Matthew 27:50 And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice and yielded up his spirit.

51 And behold, the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. And the earth shook, and the rocks were split. 52 The tombs also were opened. And many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised, 53 and coming out of the tombs after his resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many.

14 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

Is He not omnipresent?  Perhaps you have forgotten what occurred.

Matthew 27:50 And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice and yielded up his spirit.

51 And behold, the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. And the earth shook, and the rocks were split. 52 The tombs also were opened. And many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised, 53 and coming out of the tombs after his resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many.

No Christ went to the grave dead

"he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption." (Acts 2:31, NKJV)

God the father alone has immortal.

If we choose to believe Christ never truly died.....then we truly have no hope.

Is God not omnipotent? Can Christ not truly be dead/ unconscious, "soul sleep" for God to raise him up?

Return to the theif

And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into Thy kingdom

Christ only comes into Thy KingDom when He comes in the second advent; to claim his kingdom

11 hours ago, inchrist said:

God the father alone has immortal.

John 10:30 "I and the Father are one.”