• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3,490
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  1

On 20/02/2018 at 9:40 AM, wingnut- said:

Now I spent a lot of time in prayer about this matter, specifically in regards to you and any others who are confused about this whole soul sleep business.  It took some time, but the Lord has led me to something I want to share with you, and I do hope you will consider what the scripture says. 

Firstly I appreciate that you have spent time on the subject with God; praying.

I have sort to spend the day meditating on what you have written; I with God in order to give the proper respect in due diligence for my response.

It has never been the body that makes one clothed, it has always been the Holy Spirit, our guarantee

This is certainly true and I can't argue that. So we have a common ground.

Now if the apostles were clothed with the Holy Spirit as stated by Jesus, this is the case for all who are born again.  Not naked, clothed with power from on high.

Not naked but more/ further  clothed 

2 Cor 5:4

but that we would be further clothed

The question is Why? Why are we more or further clothed with the Holy Spirit?

The answer is given in the next verse

5He who has prepared us for this very thing 

Prepared us for what?

We go back to verse 4

mortal may be swallowed up by life

Again we ask a question; what does that mean: mortal may be swallowed up by life

To get a better sense we turn to 1 Cor 15:53&54

For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: "Death has been swallowed up in victory."

How does the mortal become immortal? How is death (that which is mortal) become swallowed up in victory (that which is eternal life)

The phrase Death has been swallowed up in victory gives us a clue

Isa 25:8

He will swallow up death forever! The Sovereign LORD will wipe away all tears. He will remove forever all insults and mockery against his land and people. The LORD has spoken!

How did Christ swallow up death? Resurrection....

John 11:25 New International Version (NIV)

25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die

How does that now work with regarding  Paul's phrase

mortal may be swallowed up by life

John 3:15 
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him."

John 5:29

And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life

Romans 5:21 
so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Again mortal (that which is subject to death) may be swallowed up by life (that which is subject to eternal life)

And that can only be through resurrection.

Again we re-ask the question how does God 5 prepared us for this very thing

By giving us the holy Spirit.

1 Peter 1:23 
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

The holy spirit is the seed; the living seed; the imperishable; incorruptible seed.

We therefore become more or further clothed with our current tent being prepared for eternal life that is only through resurrection 

2 Timothy 1:10 
but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.

There is no other way to eternal life; there is no other way to receive immortality but only through the Gospel.

John 5:29

And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life

With all this we can go to the crux of the entire argument 

Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord

Which is to say to be absent from the body and resurrected with the Lord.

This is what the entire point of the Book is about...Resurrection; Ressurection; Resurrection.

It is what the good news is about Resurrection; Ressurection; Resurrection.

For He has risen; and the promise we will also rise

The doctrine of immortal souls is useless...it has no power 

The doctrine of resurrection is all about power

Further

There is no other road or other way for immortality....it is stipulated; a clause if you will ONLY through the Gospel. It is the very T&C's of a contract. Only throughthe Gospel.

This nullifies the wicked being tortured alive for all eternity.

If immortality is only through the gospel; how did the wicked receive immortality then?

Then those who subscribe to the doctrine of immortal souls are teaching two different paths to immortality when scriptures clearly stated immortality is only through the Gospel...there is only ONE path to immortality, not two paths. 

This is on par or equivalent  to similar teachings; that there is two roads to God; when in fact there is only ONE road to God and that is through Christ

There is only one path to salvation; through Christ 

There is only one path to immortality; through Christ

There is no other path for immortality....so how does the doctrine of immortal soul grant the wicked a path to immortality? It has no authority to grant such a privilege.

Edited by inchrist