creativemechanic

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  220
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

MATTHEW 5:31  “It has been said, ‘Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.' 32 But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery."

My wife left me without warning in July, 2016 to go commit adultery with her ex husband. She was unrepentant and still is. I spoke to my Pastor about divorce, and he said I had a solid, biblical reason according to this passage from Matthew.

I am free to remarry.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

1 minute ago, ScottA said:

You apparently have an ax to grind about gays...'cause you are not listening, and you're just ranting. 

First you say we can eat with sinners, then you say we can't (above). As such, you are not to be taken serious.

You're missing the point - when Jesus spoke with anyone  He directed them TOWARDS, as in turn to, YHWH,

and did not ever APPROVE of sin, never.    When Jesus ate with people (obviously sinners),   He brought the Father's Shalom to the house ,  and if they received Him the shalom remained,  and they would turn from their sin, NOT continue in their sin.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

On 1/15/2018 at 9:53 PM, missmuffet said:

Exactly we are all sinners. But we do not sin deliberately. But going to that wedding is not a huge sin in my opinion.

We have to decide whether going to a wedding ceremony supports the couple or not. To me going to a wedding where I know that the couple is willfully sinning would be me saying that I support what they are doing. I think we have to think about that. If you know they are willfully going against God's Word would you congratulate them on their marriage? Some things to think about.

And remember that sin isn't what we decided what is wrong but sin is what God has said is wrong. So we have to decide what is important: our feelings and opinions or God's feelings and opinions.

On 1/15/2018 at 9:53 PM, missmuffet said:

What if a child gets into a homosexual relationship and gets married? What if a child is an atheist and gets married? Would you attend the wedding?

As far as the homosexual relationship I still couldn't attend even if it was my own child because they are living in sin and me going would be saying I am OK with this arrangement. As far as if they are an atheist as long as the wedding is not in contrary to God's Word I would attend. And atheist can marry and still be within the bounds of God's Word even if he/she doesn't believe God exists.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

4 minutes ago, Steve_K said:

MATTHEW 5:31  “It has been said, ‘Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.' 32 But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery."

My wife left me without warning in July, 2016 to go commit adultery with her ex husband. She was unrepentant and still is. I spoke to my Pastor about divorce, and he said I had a solid, biblical reason according to this passage from Matthew.

I am free to remarry.

I believe you're free to remarry too Steve !

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

6 minutes ago, ScottA said:

You apparently have an ax to grind about gays...'cause you are not listening, and you're just ranting. 

First you say we can eat with sinners, then you say we can't (above). As such, you are not to be taken serious.

Actually the ax to grind is more so not against the ungodly who know not GOD

its against the false shepards  who lie to the flocks .   My problem is not with gays , sinners

ITS with false doctrine and false prophets.     Not accusing you of this.   But I got no problems saying it .

I have witnessed to gays , some , not many but some.   All one can do is speak as the SPIRIT leads.

My problem is not with sinners who don't claim to know God,  though I do witness to those.

ITS with sorry false doctrine that allows JESUS sayings to be twisted .   that is honestly it .  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

4 minutes ago, Jaydog1976 said:

We have to decide whether going to a wedding ceremony supports the couple or not. To me going to a wedding where I know that the couple is willfully sinning would be me saying that I support what they are doing. I think we have to think about that. If you know they are willfully going against God's Word would you congratulate them on their marriage? Some things to think about.

And remember that sin isn't what we decided what is wrong but sin is what God has said is wrong. So we have to decide what is important: our feelings and opinions or God's feelings and opinions.

As far as the homosexual relationship I still couldn't attend even if it was my own child because they are living in sin and me going would be saying I am OK with this arrangement. As far as if they are an atheist as long as the wedding is not in contrary to God's Word I would attend. And atheist can marry and still be within the bounds of God's Word even if he/she doesn't believe God exists.

I wouldn't be able to support their marriage either ,even if it was my own child :(

It is a sin and we know how God looks at homosexuality and adultery .. 

I would be praying ALOT!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  220
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

6 hours ago, angels4u said:

TY Angels :)

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, angels4u said:

I wouldn't be able to support their marriage either ,even if it was my own child :(

It is a sin and we know how God looks at homosexuality and adultery .. 

I would be praying ALOT!

Angels you and me both. It would be so hard though. The Sunday school answer would be to give them over to God but my mind would say something completely different. I pray for my children every day that they will walk with the Lord and do what He says. 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

5 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

You're missing the point - when Jesus spoke with anyone  He directed them TOWARDS, as in turn to, YHWH,

and did not ever APPROVE of sin, never.    When Jesus ate with people (obviously sinners),   He brought the Father's Shalom to the house ,  and if they received Him the shalom remained,  and they would turn from their sin, NOT continue in their sin.

No...I am not missing the point. And you can't know that Jesus ALWAYS ate with those at peace with God, so just saying it is a sin on your part.

But regardless, this is a fallen world - Christ came into the world and "took on" sin - not because He supported it, but because He did not. And if we do like wise, meaning, go into the world with out taking part of the sin, but in an effort to bring salvation, we too are not sinning.

As that pertains to gays, a Christian does not go to a gay wedding to support their sin, but because we love sinners, just as Christ did. And if we go, we bring Christ with us, and yes, He (and we) are either received or not. But whether or not we are received is not an indication of our supporting sin or not. Nonetheless, we are the light of the world that shines into darkness, that some may be saved.

8 minutes ago, angels4u said:

But Luke 16:18 says ""Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery."

And Paul also says in I Corinthians 7:11 "(but if she does, hshe should remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband), and the husband should not divorce his wife."

However if the couple does marry then they need to stay married. God can forgive sin but it should be an excuse to willfully sin in this area. 

Yes there is grounds for divorce but those grounds do not necessarily give one the right to remarry. Please read what God says about remarriage and don't just gloss over it.