• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

3 minutes ago, ScottA said:

And you can't know that Jesus ALWAYS ate with those at peace with God, so just saying it is a sin on your part.

Instead of bearing false witness (wittingly or unwittingly), try reading the post, and Scripture again:  (to HIS disciples) "Jesus says, when you go to a house,  say "Shalom" to the house/ inhabitants (i.e. speak peace from YHWH as YHWH'S messenger and disciple of Jesus), 

and if they receive you ,  Shalom will remain;  if not, Shalom will depart.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

CM should have named this thread 'Divorce and Remarriage' lol.

Lol I agree. Funny how threads end up taking a mind of their own haha.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

12 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Actually the ax to grind is more so not against the ungodly who know not GOD

its against the false shepards  who lie to the flocks .   My problem is not with gays , sinners

ITS with false doctrine and false prophets.     Not accusing you of this.   But I got no problems saying it .

I have witnessed to gays , some , not many but some.   All one can do is speak as the SPIRIT leads.

My problem is not with sinners who don't claim to know God,  though I do witness to those.

ITS with sorry false doctrine that allows JESUS sayings to be twisted .   that is honestly it .  

Okay. I too disdain false doctrine and the twisting of scripture. But it sounds like that is talk for another tread.

As for this thread - if we are a light shining into the darkness, it is not because we support it. When one calls himself a Christian and then jumps in and sins with the sinners, that is not the same thing, that is called hypocrisy.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

7 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Instead of bearing false witness (wittingly or unwittingly), try reading the post, and Scripture again:  (to HIS disciples) "Jesus says, when you go to a house,  say "Shalom" to the house/ inhabitants (i.e. speak peace from YHWH as YHWH'S messenger and disciple of Jesus), 

That is not what is being discussed here.

The point is....if we are a light shining into the darkness, it does not mean we "support" it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

33 minutes ago, angels4u said:

So we're saved by works?

I'm glad you're not God sitting on the throne judging people..

Do you sin?

Because we're saved by faith and not works, we can do anything we like, let sin abound that grace may abound, refuse to warn sinners to repent? "Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin." 

In plain speech, if you support someone in their sin rather than calling them to repentance, you are sinning.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

14 minutes ago, Butero said:

I wouldn't go to a gay wedding either under any circumstances.  I wouldn't care if it was my child, a close relative or close friend.  I don't recognize the marriage as valid, or ever being made valid.  

It isn't a marriage and I try to avoid even calling it that. It isn't a marriage and can never be one. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

21 minutes ago, ScottA said:

Okay. I too disdain false doctrine and the twisting of scripture. But it sounds like that is talk for another tread.

As for this thread - if we are a light shining into the darkness, it is not because we support it. When one calls himself a Christian and then jumps in and sins with the sinners, that is not the same thing, that is called hypocrisy.

Scott , I believe too that when a person is born again that he very well knows that its sin,too many Christians are Christian in name only :(

3 minutes ago, Jaydog1976 said:

It isn't a marriage and I try to avoid even calling it that. It isn't a marriage and can never be one. 

You're right Jay, there's only one marriage in Gods eyes.

Gen 24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

There' only one marriage in Gods eyes: a man and a woman.

Luke 17:28-30

28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;

29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

Evil in the Last Days
1But understand this: In the last days terrible times will come. 2For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3unloving, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, without love of good,…2 Tim.3:1-3

44 minutes ago, Jaydog1976 said:

But Luke 16:18 says ""Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery."

And Paul also says in I Corinthians 7:11 "(but if she does, hshe should remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband), and the husband should not divorce his wife."

However if the couple does marry then they need to stay married. God can forgive sin but it should be an excuse to willfully sin in this area. 

Yes there is grounds for divorce but those grounds do not necessarily give one the right to remarry. Please read what God says about remarriage and don't just gloss over it. 

As a Christian I believe you have to give it time if you want to remarry, knowing that God can repair the broken marriage but it is scriptural if one remarries after their partner commit adultery, I agree we shouldn't take it lightly, but in Steve's case I believe he's right an can remarry if he wanted too..

:(

44 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Off the topic

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1