• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

16 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Scott , I believe too that when a person is born again that he very well knows that its sin,too many Christians are Christian in name only :(

Unfortunately, this is true :(

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

On 1/16/2018 at 11:44 AM, Yowm said:

No, the gay marriage is not a marriage, that's why I wouldn't attend. Besides, how many of us lived like the devil, into one bed and out of the next before coming to Jesus? Is marriage adultery in our cases? I have been faithfully married 32 years since.I guess you would call it adultery?

I don't think what occurs prior to being born can be undone.  I mean, either we believe that our sins are forgiven or we don't.  Now once a person is born again, then the choices and decisions made from that point on should reflect one abiding in Christ.  It does appear based on some of the responses here that some would promote more divorce, and breaking up of marriages and families by trying to live life in reverse.

I wonder what they say to someone who committed murder and later became saved.  Is that person supposed to go back and restore life to the one they took it from?  Seems a bit of a double standard to suggest someone married currently has to go back and undo their current situation because of the past.  What if someone is now twenty years into their second marriage with three kids?  Are they supposed to rip their family apart now because they were married once before in the past prior to knowing the Lord?  I am quite certain this is not what God would want, but that's just me.

God bless

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Just now, angels4u said:

As a Christian I believe you have to give it time if you want to remarry, knowing that God can repair the broken marriage but it is scriptural if one remarries after their partner commit adultery, I agree we shouldn't take it lightly, but in Steve's case I believe he's right an can remarry if he wanted too..

:(

Can I ask you does God give scripture somewhere that says you have to wait a specific period of time or is that something we are coming up with? I don't see anywhere in the scripture passages that I gave that have a time frame. Unless I am wrong. And can you, from scripture please, show me that after a certain amount of time it would not be considered adultery to marry someone else? Maybe I take God's Word to literally. Please show me where I am wrong. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, Jaydog1976 said:

Can I ask you does God give scripture somewhere that says you have to wait a specific period of time or is that something we are coming up with? I don't see anywhere in the scripture passages that I gave that have a time frame. Unless I am wrong. And can you, from scripture please, show me that after a certain amount of time it would not be considered adultery to marry someone else? Maybe I take God's Word to literally. Please show me where I am wrong. 

I agree , there is no scripture for this Jay, but it's common sense,( that's how I see it )would God want a woman to go back to a man who committed adultery and might have abused her at the same time?  

I don't think there is a simple answer to this? I do take Gods Word literally (as you know)

Just now, angels4u said:

I agree , there is no scripture for this Jay, but it's common sense,( that's how I see it )would God want a woman to go back to a man who committed adultery and might have abused her at the same time?  

I don't think there is a simple answer to this? I do take Gods Word literally (as you know)

But is common sense always according to scripture? And is our common sense affected by society, our own personal opinions and preferences? Just something to think about. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

57 minutes ago, ScottA said:

No...I am not missing the point. And you can't know that Jesus ALWAYS ate with those at peace with God, so just saying it is a sin on your part.

But regardless, this is a fallen world - Christ came into the world and "took on" sin - not because He supported it, but because He did not. And if we do like wise, meaning, go into the world with out taking part of the sin, but in an effort to bring salvation, we too are not sinning.

As that pertains to gays, a Christian does not go to a gay wedding to support their sin, but because we love sinners, just as Christ did. And if we go, we bring Christ with us, and yes, He (and we) are either received or not. But whether or not we are received is not an indication of our supporting sin or not. Nonetheless, we are the light of the world that shines into darkness, that some may be saved.

As that pertains to gays, a Christian does not go to a gay wedding to support their sin, but because we love sinners, just as Christ did. And if we go, we bring Christ with us, and yes, He (and we) are either received or not. But whether or not we are received is not an indication of our supporting sin or not. Nonetheless, we are the light of the world that shines into darkness, that some may be saved.

This is sloppy evangelism.    I was waiting to see this approach.     WE don't go period.

IF you do , what are you going to say,  GOD LOVES YOU .   its this approach that destroyed true evangelism.

IF two gay men or two gaywomen get married,   what are you going to say, CONGRATS .   HOW can you.   and how can you not WARN THEM cease this .  You would have too warn

them .   This is that sorry seeker friendly approach that destroyed the church.    No one going to this marriage is going to speak out or warn out against it .

You will sit silent or hug everything and say congrats .    You know and I know it .    this is sloppy evangelism.  

Go to gay weddings.    RIGHT .  no we don't .     But I know ,  I am the hater with the ax to grind.    How bout we change your first line

to A CHRISTAIN DONT GO to A gay wedding , and just leave it at that .    IF you go ,what are you going to tell them.  YOU have to warn .  

And lots of gays claim to KNOW JESUS.   THEY Don't , but let me guess you will tell me GOD knows their heart and I am evil for judging .

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

1 minute ago, Butero said:

I will answer the last question.  The only reason we know it is adultery at all is because of what Jesus said, and when he said it, he said except for fornication.  He gave the exception.  It is not necessary to find a scripture that specifically says it is ok to re-marry.  What else could Jesus mean?  

And Butero thank you for pointing the scripture out. This was what I was trying to drive out. We can't use our own opinions to make up our preferences but we can sure use scripture to shape them. And Matthew 19:9 is the stipulation. If the couple divorces for any reason other than marital unfaithfulness then it is adultery to remarry regardless. So unless this is the case then remarriages isn't an option. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Jaydog1976 said:

We have to decide whether going to a wedding ceremony supports the couple or not. To me going to a wedding where I know that the couple is willfully sinning would be me saying that I support what they are doing. I think we have to think about that. If you know they are willfully going against God's Word would you congratulate them on their marriage? Some things to think about.

And remember that sin isn't what we decided what is wrong but sin is what God has said is wrong. So we have to decide what is important: our feelings and opinions or God's feelings and opinions.

As far as the homosexual relationship I still couldn't attend even if it was my own child because they are living in sin and me going would be saying I am OK with this arrangement. As far as if they are an atheist as long as the wedding is not in contrary to God's Word I would attend. And atheist can marry and still be within the bounds of God's Word even if he/she doesn't believe God exists.

Are we not all sinners? Are we perfect? We can show love through Christ to people who do not know Christ.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Days Won:  20

40 minutes ago, Butero said:

The only reason we know it is adultery at all is because of what Jesus said

Yes,  to be repented of.... even after years but then you said ...

43 minutes ago, Butero said:

and I don't really think it would be looked at as adultery, but it is one of those things you must be clear about in your own mind and conscience.

It was adultery.  To be repented of.  With understanding that it was sinful,  and contrary to God's Word, and especially turning fully to God, repenting not just of the adultery, but also admitting not to sin by teaching others it is okay to sin,  no,  rather in line with God's Word fully to train others properly not to sin by making void God's Word, ever.

Repentance may not mean separating or divorce again - i.e. as noted divorcing again would not or may not be what repentance is,  as YHWH leads according to His Word.   Note that if divorced again, then re-married again to someone else,  would seriously compound the sin,  as showing also no repentance,  thus without repentance would be no longer forgiveness either.   That society encourages rampant sinners, blatant sinning,  does not excuse the sinner(s).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Days Won:  28

53 minutes ago, Jaydog1976 said:

But is common sense always according to scripture? And is our common sense affected by society, our own personal opinions and preferences? Just something to think about. 

We can never go by our own feeling and have to test everything by the Word of God if it lines up with the Bible :)