Aravis

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Searching about the Trinity, I found very good explanations like the "one BEING that has 3 PERSONS" or the analogy of the cube as in C. S. Lewis book. But, if a cube is made of 6 sqaures, it means that, if one square is missing, we can no longer call that figure a cube, and, the square that is missing in this cube is not a cube anymore, it is just a square. Does that mean that, without one of these persons, God is not complete? Do those 3 persons depend on each other to become God like the squares depend on each other to become a cube? Would we say that the trinity is like 1/3 of God? Like 1/3+1/3+1/3=1? I know it doesn't fit in the definition of the Christian God. But what would be the answer for it? How does the trinity works in this sense?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Hi Avaris - 

Belief in the Trinity is important to me - even though that word is not in the Bible, but the concept is.

Your mathematical algorithm has flaw in my mind - it "divides" God into thirds.  Anytime something is divided, the separate divisions cannot be the whole. I make up a family with my brother and my parents.  Individually we are one fourth.  But me all by myself is not the family or a family.

If Jesus is only one-third of God and the same with the Father and the Holy Spirit - they alone, they cannot be God.  And they are.

There's a diagram out there that explains it like this.  Jesus, the Son IS God.  The Father IS God.  The Holy Spirit IS God.  But, the Son is not the Father. The Father is not the Son.  The Spirit is neither the Father nor the Son.

Welcome aboard.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

The Holy trinity. One God but three distinct persons. God he Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

2000px-Shield-Trinity-Scutum-Fidei-English.svg-58b5c8dc5f9b586046caf51c.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  249
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

I think we’re not supposed to post video links, but an amusing take on the trinity is on the Lutheran Satire site; search “St. Patrick’s Bad Analogies”...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

19 hours ago, Yowm said:

No, it is more like 1 x 1 x 1 = 1

Agreed.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.99
  • Days Won:  21

Welcome.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

On 1/16/2018 at 3:37 PM, Aravis said:

Searching about the Trinity, I found very good explanations like the "one BEING that has 3 PERSONS" or the analogy of the cube as in C. S. Lewis book. But, if a cube is made of 6 sqaures, it means that, if one square is missing, we can no longer call that figure a cube, and, the square that is missing in this cube is not a cube anymore, it is just a square. Does that mean that, without one of these persons, God is not complete? Do those 3 persons depend on each other to become God like the squares depend on each other to become a cube? Would we say that the trinity is like 1/3 of God? Like 1/3+1/3+1/3=1? I know it doesn't fit in the definition of the Christian God. But what would be the answer for it? How does the trinity works in this sense?

There is one God. That's it. Trinity, while not appearing in the scriptures, is a term that defines the three aspects or acts of God in the scriptures. However, it wasn't three separate entities acting with God like powers. The Father, is "The Word". [See: John 1.:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. ]

The Father is the Holy Spirit. And Jesus was the Holy Spirit in flesh. The witnesses at Jesus' baptism saw the dove light upon him. And a voice from Heaven declare, this is My Son in whom I AM,well pleased. "I AM", remember the old testament scriptures pertaining to Moses? When Moses asked whom should he tell the Pharaoh had sent him to deliver warning to free the Jews, God told Moses (Moshe) to tell Pharaoh, I AM sent me. 

God is the holy spirit. God is more aptly known as a verb, because in scripture God's name is not, "God". And Jesus was God in flesh. A man who was also fully the Holy Spirit. And all that he did in miracles while delivering to the world His new covenant of salvation, was of God. In other words, the power within and behind all creation as creator was brought to bear in healing, exorcising demons, raising the dead. Because those are the abilities God has. 

Some traditions teach that there are three separate persons in Heaven. That is known as , "Tri-Theism". And is pagan. God's words tell us he is all there is. And that means God, which is a verb due to the powers manifest in what we understand to mean, God, is actually the Holy Spirit. Remember the passage? God is not a man that he should lie. Jesus was a man. And he was also fully the Holy Spirit.As much as the immensity of the Holy Spirit could be contained into flesh and bone.John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

• Colossians 1:15 He (meaning, Jesus) is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 16 For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. 17 And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 

John 4:24 

God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”

Deuteronomy 6:4 

“Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one."

Isaiah 43:11  I, I am the Lord, and besides me there is no savior.

• Matthew 1:23  “Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel” (which means, God with us)

• Luke 1:47 And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,

• Ephesians 4:30  And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

Isaiah 44:6  

Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: “I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god."

• Oy Vey! 1

Guest shiloh357
7 minutes ago, TickledPinkinChristWoot! said:

There is one God. That's it. Trinity, while not appearing in the scriptures, is a term that defines the three aspects or acts of God in the scriptures. However, it wasn't three separate entities acting with God like powers. The Father, is "The Word". [See: John 1.:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. ]

The Father is the Holy Spirit. And Jesus was the Holy Spirit in flesh. The witnesses at Jesus' baptism saw the dove light upon him. And a voice from Heaven declare, this is My Son in whom I AM,well pleased. "I AM", remember the old testament scriptures pertaining to Moses? When Moses asked whom should he tell the Pharaoh had sent him to deliver warning to free the Jews, God told Moses (Moshe) to tell Pharaoh, I AM sent me. 

This is completely wrong.   God is one God, comprised of three separate persons, Father, Son (the Word) and the Holy Spirit.  All three are God, independently and corporately.  

The Father is not Word.  The Word became Flesh.  That's Jesus.  Jesus is God the Son and He was the Word in His pre-incarnate state and was with God.   He is the Son of God who was God in the Flesh. 

The Father and the Holy Spirit are not one and the same.  They are mentioned separately and Jesus mentions both of them as separate persons.   The "I Am" at the baptism is not a reference to the revelvation of God as the great "I Am" to Moses.   You are really reaching on that one.   God the Father said that Jesus was His beloved Son in whom He is well pleased.  That is really all there is to that.

God is the holy spirit. God is more aptly known as a verb, because in scripture God's name is not, "God"

The Holy Spirit is God.  God is not a verb.  That is nonsense.   His name is not "God," true.   His Name is YHVH.  That is not a verb.

. And Jesus was God in flesh. A man who was also fully the Holy Spirit.

No, the Bible doesn't say that.   In John, Jesus speaks of the Holy Spirit as separate from Himself:

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
(Joh 16:13-14)

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
(Joh 14:26)

So, in both cases, the Holy Spirit is separate from Jesus according to Jesus' own words.   He speaks of the Holy Spirit in the third person, not the second person.

Some traditions teach that there are three separate persons in Heaven. That is known as , "Tri-Theism". And is pagan.

Wrong.   Tri-theism is the view that the trinity is three separate gods, not three persons.   The mystery of the Trinity is that all three persons are one God, not three Gods. 

God's words tell us he is all there is. And that means God, which is a verb due to the powers manifest in what we understand to mean, God, is actually the Holy Spirit.

No, that is not what the Bible says.   God is not a verb.  He is a Person.   You are really sitting under some very heretical teaching.

Remember the passage? God is not a man that he should lie. Jesus was a man. And he was also fully the Holy Spirit.As much as the immensity of the Holy Spirit could be contained into flesh and bone.John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Jesus was a man, but He was also fully God, just as the Holy Spirit is fully God, just as the Father is fully God and Jesus is the only way to the Father.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

The word Trinity is not mentioned in Scripture one time in the entire Bible. The Word Godhead is mentioned three times;

Acts 17:29, Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Romans 1:20, For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Colossians 2:9, For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

God the Father, The Word, who was with God the Father, and was God,  who became flesh, John 1:1; 1:14, and the Holy Spirit are three separate beings who are "ONE" in unity in all things and not inside each other in one body as many are taught and believe.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,097
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 1/16/2018 at 1:37 PM, Aravis said:

On 1/19/2018 at 2:39 PM, TickledPinkinChristWoot! said:

There is one God. That's it. Trinity, while not appearing in the scriptures, is a term that defines the three aspects or acts of God in the scriptures. However, it wasn't three separate entities acting with God like powers.

To answer in a roundabout way, where is heaven? Is it above? -- i.e., the Father is in heaven above, and Jesus and the angels ascend and descend, etc.; or, is it within? -- "I am in the [heavenly] Father, and the Father [is] in me." John 14:10, 11

Both conceptions of heaven and God are merely mental constructs for describing the very same states of consciousness. Because heaven is not a place, it is a state of being.

The same principle is true regarding "the Trinity." This is just a type of mental construct to try to perceive relative states and functions of the One God. ("Hear O Israel, the LORD is One.") Jesus is called the Son of Man [Adam] because he became the outermost form, that is the flesh, of the One God. That One God, including the conceptions of God known as the Father and the Holy Spirit, were all included in the man Jesus Christ. “I and My Father are one.” John 10:30 But people in flesh could only physically perceive the outermost fleshly form.

The conceptions about different "persons" being God can get confusing. There is only One God. But as we progress in sanctification, we become able to perceive higher and higher states of being/consciousness, in which the One God is no longer perceived in His most external form, but as manifestations/conceptions of Soul, Spirit and Light, each according to our own state of consciousness at the moment. 'Nough said.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1