• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,825
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

48 minutes ago, Waggles said:

The wonderful advantage of being truly a Spirit-filled Pentecostal Christian able to pray endlessly in the Holy Spirit: 

23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father seeks such to worship Him.
24 God is a spirit, and they who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth.

John 4:

Thank you for your post, 

This Jesus said, to Samaritan woman; 

God is a Spirit, 

(Jesus was born from his mother, he was like us) 

And he continues to say the Father who is a Spirit, (the Heavenly Father) , 

Seeks such worshipers. 

That becomes a mystery to me, that it tells me that the Father , within the context of the " our Father who are in Heaven.........

Was never worship before, he was waiting for the revealing of CHRIST , the time we are the Temple of God, the death and resuraction of JESUS CHRIST, for the children with the Heavenly inheritance. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

Ephesians chapter 3 refers to the mystery of Christ revealed 

3  How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, 
4  Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) 
5  Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; 
6  That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel: 

9  And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: 
10  To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, 
11  According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

Greetings Waggles,

41 minutes ago, Waggles said:

Proverbs 8 on Wisdom is a clear allegory pointing to Jesus who existed from the beginning with the Father.

Have you ever considered that the way Proverbs 8 personifies Wisdom as a Wise Woman and is not a literal person here, is a precursor to the language of John 1 where the Word is personified, and is not a literal person? Wisdom and the Word pre-existed, not Jesus.

43 minutes ago, Waggles said:

I Am, the LORD and Yahweh of the OT is, I believe, none other than Jesus himself.

Have you ever considered Psalm 110:1 where Yahweh, God the Father is distinguished from David's Lord, our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who is now seated at the right hand of Yahweh, God the Father? 

Kind regards Trevor

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

Isaiah 44:6  Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. 

Rev 1:17  And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 

Isaiah 41:4  Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he. 

Rev 22:13  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. 

Isaiah 45:21  Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

Isaiah 49:26  And I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine: and all flesh shall know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.

John 8:56  Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. 
57  Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? 
58  Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. 

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

Greetings again Waggles,

9 hours ago, Waggles said:

Isaiah 44:6  Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. 

Rev 1:17  And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 

What you have quoted appears difficult at first from a non-Trinitarian view. In brief summary, this shows the development of the Yahweh Name, from Yahweh God the Father to incorporate Jesus the Son of God.

9 hours ago, Waggles said:

John 8:56  Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. 
57  Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? 
58  Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. 

I believe that John 8:58 is part of a theme, and in the two previous occasions where “I Am” occurs the KJV has translated these as “I am he” in John 8:24,28. Note especially verse 28 where Jesus is claiming his complete dependence on God his Father. Neither of these refer back to Exodus 3:14, neither does John 8:58. The correct translation of “Ehyeh” in Exodus 3:14 is “I will be”, as per Tyndale, RV and RSV margins and KJV of Exodus 3:12.

Have you had opportunity to consider Psalm 110:1, where Yahweh is distinguished from David’s Lord? Thus Yahweh in this passage refers to God the Father and not Jesus, who is David's Lord. Please also consider the numerous NT quotations of Psalm 110:1 where this distinction is maintained.

Kind regards Trevor