• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/01/1961

In a toxic relationship with family member who basically cursed me without using the foul language...in true anger and being deeply hurt how do I choose to forgive when I don't want to.  It is hard when rejected to not reject back

Edited by LeslieAnn
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

8 hours ago, LeslieAnn said:

In a toxic relationship with family member who basically cursed me without using the foul language...in true anger and being deeply hurt how do I choose to forgive when I don't want to.  It is hard when rejected to not reject back

You are a Christian? Are you a praying person? The Bible tells us that we must forgive. It is healing for ourselves. It allows us to release the anger of that person and not carry anymore bitterness. It is easier to forgive if that person has apologized but that is not always the case. We are not doormats and we should not allow people to mistreat us. We have our boundaries. If the person is a toxic person then it would be healthier if you kept your distance from this person. You need to give this to God and pray about it. This person will have to answer to God for what they have done. They will not get away with it.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

8 hours ago, LeslieAnn said:

Forgiveness will ultimately free you from all of this.  It is a process though, can take some time depending on the severity of the offense.  Start by convincing yourself that not wanting to forgive, goes against your personal faith.  What if God did not want to forgive you of a trespass?  Also, don't confuse forgiveness with being a doormat, even when we forgive there are consequences for actions, this is where time factors in before total healing takes place.

God bless

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Forgiveness is for your sake as much as the other person's. It will heal and free you. Otherwise bitterness seeps in and ruins our minds and hearts, and can even lead to physical ailments in time.

Please look up Voddie Baucham's message on forgiveness on Youtube. It will help you greatly.

God bless!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Yes, forgive the person, and then leave them in the Lord's hands.  If they don't want to be bothered with you, you can't help that....you don't need to concern yourself with that.   But do forgive for your own sake inwardly....

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Your terms suggest you are influenced by psycho heresy. Unless you disavow that and have no part in it you will be as I am, an outcast. Psychology never did anything for anyone except make money and create a slew of labels for God's people.

Yes, even the unsaved are His. 'ask of me and I will give to thee the heathen fore thine inheritance'.

Labels are for soup cans.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  05/01/1961

Sorry this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to me (????)

• Praying! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, LeslieAnn said:

What is it that makes no sense? What kind of an answer were you hoping for?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

2 hours ago, LeslieAnn said:

When we try to understand spiritual issues using worldly ideas it will not work. Psychology is the nations' bedrock of understanding that has no spiritual component EXCEPT that it was founded by occultists. In the end, it just invents ideas and names and labels for things it really has no understanding of. It does much harm, yet has permeated all aspect of society and even the church.

That the church rolled over and let humanists guide their people is a very sad commentary on where it is heading.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  03/18/1951

Dear Leslie,

It is written,

Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him. And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.       (Luke 17:3-4)

Mind the Words ...if he repent... Therefore in he/she doesn't, our Forgiving should have but the way of not striking or backbiting back. That has nothing to do with a doormat. Or a cowardice. And the offender should know that.

You might kindly see the person as a spirit-blind pappet of the devil. Fight the puppet-master rather than a puppet. How? Just say right in his/her eye, IT IS WRITTEN... And listen to Holy Spirit for the Right Word. It helps. Even when you have a business with unbelievers.

Sincerely, Igor.

Edited by Igor Evgen
format