• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

13 hours ago, Darian86 said:

MorningGlory, thank you for taking the time to read my question. What kind of stung me was this response. My history may not be the same as yours and you may not fully understand how it affects me or my race today. But just becuase I personally wasn't invovled in that time era, doesn't mean that makes it less important or that 'that was then, this is now' (which I'm not accusing you of anything).  When I look at the lines in my hands, I see my ancestors. I AM my ancestors and I care for them even if I didn't know them or aren't alive today.

As I've stated, traces of it really do lurk. After they were freed, that still didn't make it any better for the slaves because they were banned to work at certain places. Then you had the civil rights which was in my parents' time, and then we're still trying to get out of oppression. For example, my grandmother had to march in the streets to protest for rights. This is my DAD's mother. Very close. My grandmother was also raped by a white man but they chased her out of town when she tried to get justice for it. This is my DAD's mother. Not very long ago at all. I have a woman on my mom's side who never knew her age becuase she wasn't considered human to have a birth certificate. My dad was stopped and repeatedly asked by a cop if he had a gun in the car, when clearly, my dad answered 'No' every single time. This wasn't long ago. This was right within my living family. This is why there is a lot of depression I am living with because being black seems dangerous and lures people to for whatever reason, to have this intense urge to mistreat me. I get that we all have problems, but you have never walked in the shows of a black person to truly understand. It is a daily struggle. DAILY. 

I do believe you, Darian, but the point of my response was to point out that times have changed. Yes, there IS still racism but that doesn't define YOU and what you can make of your life.  Jews have been persecuted more than any other ethnic group but it hasn't stopped them from going forward, has it?

I have never been a black person, that's true, but I can empathize enough to tell you to thwart the haters and make the best of the life God gave you.  I wish you only the best and in that I am sincere.  You're very articulate, Darian.  Use that gift to make a difference as Condoleeza Rice has done, coming from nothing and becoming a very important figure in American history. She's a role model, not just for black women, but ALL women.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

25 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

I do believe you, Darian, but the point of my response was to point out that times have changed. Yes, there IS still racism but that doesn't define YOU and what you can make of your life.  Jews have been persecuted more than any other ethnic group but it hasn't stopped them from going forward, has it?

Thank you for responding. Racism should not define me, yes, but it defines my experience or my rights. It's easier said then done to forget about the haters. I've tried not to let it define me my whole life, but there comes a time where I'm tired of fighting the N word, or tired of fighting that I'm ugly, or tired of fighting extra hard. After a long period of time these things start to make you go crazy the more you encounter them. I'm less likely to be approved for a loan because of my skin color. I'm less likely to be taken seriously because of my skin color. I'm less likely to be treated the same because of my skin color. I'm less likely to receive justice in court if someone does m wrong. I'm less likely to be welcomed in a certain neighborhood because of my skin color. I may stopped numerous times by the police for my skin color. I have to work twice as hard compared to a white person or any person just to make it halfway. Are Jews having these problems today, because last I checked they aren't treated like I am or like my father and sister? People can claim the world hates them, but they seem to have some supernatural protection where no one can touch them. Definitely not the same for black people. I hate being compared to the Jews because our problems are not like theirs, or theirs not like ours, and we're a different people.  We can't act or react like them. That's almost like telling a victim who suffered the same or near-same crime you suffered, but telling them you didn't let it affect you; so why aren't they acting the same as you?

I feel like nobody is hearing me when I say these things, like I'm voiceless and it's all just in my head, or making the problem bigger than it is. The stuff happening on TV with social media, or agendas and propagandas going on, I feel like we are very much going back to the 60s and that stresses me. I don't like to be compared to the Jews, because even when they have been persecuted they are still a lot higher in preference over any black person any day. As I've said, we are at the bottom of the barrel in every aspect.

To everyone that has responded so far, thank you for at least trying, but I don't think anything is going to work. This is just too much of a huge problem that not a few words or paragraphs would fix. I tried though. This is physcially and mentally exhausting. Thank you.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  357
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

On 1/16/2018 at 11:45 PM, Darian86 said:

Hello, everyone. I am extremely new to this site. I've searched around for various Christian forums just hoping somebody can help me. I don't mean to offend anybody or bring any type of discomfort to this forum. I especially hope I get no violations. This is a really heavy issue on my heart. I am extremely at the end of my rope with depression and anxiety, but what makes it all worse is how the world views me in this dark body God gave me. I have asked God why this color? Why not make me Asian or Native American? I tried telling myself that He made me black because it pleased him. Why should he care what the world thinks, or form me in the matter what would fit society's standards? I've tried convincing myself that God does not cater to how poorly we human beings view each other. Racism wasn't His fault. He is a supreme being over the created. I've tried convincing myself that only his thoughts about me matter. I've tried looking at the big picture that one day, all of us will unite with him and experience the real TRUTH about EVERYTHING. But none of this convincing is working.

Deep down, I know there is nothing wrong with my skin color, or the hair texture that I have, or the physical features. If there was no racism or the harsh systems against my people, I would be able to walk down the street proudly. However, when you live in a world where DAILY, somebody is reminding you that your skin color is a problem, it starts to get to you...for years and years and years and years. It's like beating up a dog everyday where the dog will eventually think it did something wrong. Social Media is a terrible and evil tool for people to manifest their true feelings about me and my race. I have seen so many cruel things, such as:

1. African't (word CAN'T) as if we can't do anything. As if it's in our DNA to fail, or that we need extra help, or that we're born to suffer.

2. It is believed we aren't civilized. No matter how nice I am, or how wide of a smile I put on my face, I will always be regarded as another black animal. I know I tend to fool people once they hear me speak or experience my personality. I always hope that the mugshots shown on the daily news about a murder or robbery isn't of my race because what one black person does, the rest of the black people are also at fault for it. We are not individually judged, but judged as a whole.

3. We have dirt and less developed countries

4. Slavery was our fault (and even if we were handed over by our brothers and sisters, that still does not excuse the terrible unspeakable things that happened to us.) And even when it was 400 years ago, traces of it are still affecting us today. My ancestors didn't get to own businesses or have land passed down through their generation of future families. I was never able to relate to white folks who talk about the family lineage or how far down the they count their family ancestry. I can't. My history is silent, yet it screams of blood.

5. I am guaranteed at least once a month to see somebody say I'm ugly (not directly), or black women are the least desired all over the world, that their own men don't want them, whether it's to an Indian man, Asian man, White man, or even African man. Men of various races always obsess and desire a White woman. it is NEVER ever ever ever ever anybody that looks like me. And I'm not saying I need their approval, but, it will just feel nice to know that I may look beautiful to somebody every once and a while. I will never or hardly ever in my life see a man of any race say something decent about me. We're not on billboards. We're not on TV with commercials glorifying our skin or looks. When I was a kid white Barbie dolls were heavily emphasized in commercials. The other minority dolls only showed up right at the end of the commercial. I broke my mother's heart when I told her to take back the black doll she gave me. We're never even in video games where we can enjoy cool characters. And if we are in video games, we have very insignificant roles. In movies, we're always portrayed in a very stereotypical ways.

6. Other black people make it harder to be black. Like the Mugshot I just spoke of. I can name so many problems, like falling into gang relations, or having an obnoxious loud attitude, or have terrible customer service in various employment. Some stereotypes are unfortunately true, but it affects m as well.

7. We have the worst health issues. High blood pressure, diabetes, heart diseases, mental illness, Sickle Cell, Lupus, and STD crisis; one of the least healthiest people on the planet.

8. We are regarded as less worthy.

9. Everything a black person does is a big deal. While I get that our names may sound funny, we can't even create our own names without ridiculing. No one ever questions why Asian people have the names the have, or the Arabs, and Indians, and other races of people, but if it's a black person, we need to just have white names. What about owning a business. Black businesses are perceived as low quality. Mexicans and Asians can whip up a business and people will flock to them like crazy. We're not allowed to have a bad day or express anger because if we do, we're being violent, or it's the 'uh-oh, and angry black man/woman!'

10. We are not welcomed anywhere on the planet.

11. We are a totally misunderstood race of people.

12. Racial tensions drive me crazy. Just the insensitive and lack of willingness to even understand a black person's place or their situations. We're told to 'get over it' or 'it's your fault', or 'stop playing the victim', or 'you're looking at things at a wrong perspective'. I am going mad. Nobody understands us, nor do they want to. We are the loneliness race on planet earth. No matter how much we shout and cry and plead, nobody hears us. Nothing changes.  Not even God will do anything. Black people fill up the churches like crazy and can be some of the most God-fearing people, yet we're still severely oppressed

I am emotionally tired. I feel like I just want to go sleep and never wake up. My depression and anxiety have gotten so bad that my body doesn't feel the same anymore. Sunday night I cried to God so hard that I could barely breathe. What was He thinking to even create me? I feel so terrible because I grew up with a wonderful childhood to two of the most amazing parents and a high-spirited family, but they have no idea I'm saying these things. Suicide feels really nice, but it will crush the people around me. I'm 31 years old, and suicide has been chasing me for years and it is constantly getting closer and closer.  I read the bible and I pray, and it doesn't work, or the healing isn't coming fast enough. What can I do in this impossible world where everyday somebody or something lets me know that my skin color will always be an issue? How can anybody or even God expect me to be sane? What can I do? How can I get out of this struggle?

Somebody please help me. How can the bible speak to me with this impossible struggle? A throb is in my throat right now...

concepts such as black woman, homosexual, autistic, etc. haven't come from the true God, but they are a result of the activity of spiritual lawlessness as well as of other iniquities - what i can advise you is, be yourself as one of the human beings created by Him and don't follow world models

Blessings

Edited by ytLiJC

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Hi Darian.  I'm from New Zealand so I have no personal experience of witnessing what you are talking about other than seeing things on the news.  It must be exhausting for you to deal with these things.  Some people are more sensitive to things than others and maybe you are one of them and that's completely fine.  (I'm a sensitive person).   I would suggest that in addition to praying and talking to God that you share your feelings with others like a family member, close friend, member of your church etc.  Don't go through it alone.  It might also be good for you to have a break from social media that's negative.  If you like reading then books can be a great way to escape into a different world to give yourself a break.  I also find Christian music to be uplifting.  If you are feeling extreme depression or suicidal thoughts please reach out to someone or an organization that can help (I don't know what groups are available in the country that you live in). Hugs to you.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,265
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Darian, perhaps it is the part of the USA you are from that has given you and your family these bad experiences?  You are from the South, aren't you?

Please try to remember that you are a child of God through our Lord Jesus.   Love your enemies, pray for them, overcome evil with good.   It might be difficult, but doing these things can help replace the hurts you have suffered.

God bless you and lift you up.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  474
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,552
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

I think it's hard to be alive in this world today. There will always be some racism in the world. Our self worth has to come from God and not from the way we are treated. If he says we are in the beloved and that's what the bible says then we are off if we look to the world for value. Our value is only from God. If he gave up his son then will he not give us all things? Look to God for your value as a person. I am white but where I work the blacks and white hang out together. The suffering of this age is not worthy to be compared to the glory to come.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  207
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Racism is not something that can go away, as it's an extension of tribalism; if a family harbors preference for their own, that will reflect in a race, because a race is an extension of a family, people are nicer to those that remind them of family, blacks are also guilty of this, as is every other race as it is perfectly natural. The sad truth of the matter is that to destroy racism is to destroy the blood-tie that binds a people together, meaning that it will never go away for as long as we're on earth.  

The truth of the matter is that humans are creating another tower of babel in globalism and that is riling racial tensions up, you know as they say, a good fence makes a good neighbor, that is being done away with to turn man against man. Borders are being destroyed in order to bring about the destruction of civilized humanity. 

There is a saying Diversity + Proximity = War, which is manifesting, racial tensions are not getting better they are getting worse, this is a product of the evil one, people are happier when they are with their own kind, when they're allowed to assert beauty standards based on their own kind. 

Additionally -- here is some tough love -- but you are lamenting that the world is not changing for you. You're not God, you're not going to be able to undo paradise lost out of this condemned world. If you're going to act like a victim you will be a victim, he who lives by the sword shall die by the sword. The serenity prayer should help you let go of trying to pull paradise out of this world:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change; 
courage to change the things I can; 
and wisdom to know the difference.

You need to let go of the things you cannot change, you will be happier. There is no saving this world beyond Christ, it is doomed, we're aiming for the next one. The best any one of us can do is put a band-aid on the gaping wound that this planet has, and that will certainly not amount to much. Only Christ can do anything to fix it, and he most certainly is not you or I.

My advice is to not to get sucked into the "social justice" farce, who continuously seek the opposite of the serenity prayer in an age of affluence and opulence, in no era in all of time has there been an age where it's better to be black than in the modern west, this is the trap of Egalitarianism. Satan tried to assert true equality with God, knowing that it will end in defeat, if you seek true equality with the other races, you will fail, for once you stamp out one hill, 100 more pop up. This is a sinister trap that Satan has laid out for the foolish ones who think it prudent to follow him on that angry spiral into hell. 

You have to let go of some things.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,172
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

I think we live in a dark world and there does not seem like we can change the world, but we can with Gods help, get healed from this world and live apart from this world.

Prayer : Father God, thank You for today, thank You for Your plan of Mercy and Grace through Your only begotten Son Christ Jesus, Father God I come before You in the name of Christ Jesus,

I realize that I have judged___-so and so-_________________, and I have made inside me a root of bitterness. I am sorry for this, and i don't want that awful thing anymore.  ___-so and so-________________, i forgive you for (the offense ).  Lord  God almighty, I ask You to forgive me for this root of bitterness. Forgive me for taking Your place as the Judge.I ask You to come into that place in me, remove that ugly thing from me and wash me clean with Your Holy Redeeming Blood, cleanse me in every place where that bitterness existed. I ask that You come into that place, to fill all those places with Your presence, with Your Holy Spirit. Dear Father God, i ask that You would bless ___-so and s0-___________ with You plan of Mercy and Grace. Amen! Amen! Amen!

So many people ache and hurt when they can be healed and freed once and for all, enclosed is a christian video that gives good biblical insight into the root of bitterness and how important as a christian it is to be freed from them within ourselves. You can find this title , christian message on youtube:

Dark Roots..... Bill Schnoebelen

Edited by 1to3
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,172
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

1 hour ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

(Have you noticed that there are virtually no physical descriptions of any of the saints in the New Testament? We have some descriptions of Old Testament saints (this one was beautiful, that one was strong, or tall; this one was handsome), but not of the saints in the New. We don't even have any description of what Jesus looked like during His earthly ministry. There's a reason for this: Because that's not the way God sees or what is important to Him. But what we do have descriptions of is the character and actions of these people, which is what God focuses on and esteems.)

Bravo! thank you sister for your share, it speaks truth, Gods truth, just what heals the soul. Thank, it also spoke to my heart and what not to fret about as their are terrible things happening in this world but nevertheless our focus should always be on Christ.

God Bless!

1to3

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1