• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  479
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

Can everyone get saved by faith?

Or is it first necessary for God to choose who he wills. Is everyone chosen, but fails to respond? You were chosen before the world began, is that inclusive of all?

What's the deal with this common teaching: "you may know Jesus, but does he know you?". If you have faith, then you're saved, meaning he knows you?

If everyone on earth simultaneously had personal faith for Jesus, would everyone be saved?

Theses commonly brought up aspects, invalidate the foundational method to salvation: faith.

Is it possible to have faith, meanwhile not be saved.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

44 minutes ago, MyLordsServant said:

Not in English.

45 minutes ago, MyLordsServant said:

Or is it first necessary for God to choose who he wills. Is everyone chosen, but fails to respond?

Yes.  No.

45 minutes ago, MyLordsServant said:

You were chosen before the world began, is that inclusive of all?

Of all who are saved, yes.  Of all the world, no.

46 minutes ago, MyLordsServant said:

What's the deal with this common teaching: "you may know Jesus, but does he know you?".

< shrugs >  "common teaching" is usually or may be heresy, from the usage here....

47 minutes ago, MyLordsServant said:

If you have faith, then you're saved, meaning he knows you?

Not in English. (/western /greek / worldly thinking)

48 minutes ago, MyLordsServant said:

If everyone on earth simultaneously had personal faith for Jesus, would everyone be saved?

No hypotheticals can save even one person.

49 minutes ago, MyLordsServant said:

Theses commonly brought up aspects, invalidate the foundational method to salvation: faith.

So ?   There is no "method" involved,  no "system",  of man nor of the world, to be saved in Jesus, by YHWH (God).

49 minutes ago, MyLordsServant said:

Yes, in English [western/ greek/ worldly].  Maybe otherwise also, if "faith" means different than in Scripture/ in Jesus as God means it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,776
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

58 minutes ago, MyLordsServant said:

Or is it first necessary for God to choose who he wills. Is everyone chosen, but fails to respond? You were chosen before the world began, is that inclusive of all?

What's the deal with this common teaching: "you may know Jesus, but does he know you?". If you have faith, then you're saved, meaning he knows you?

Theese are excellent questions, and just as in any other situation where we seek to established a context by reference to a specific word , we must have the definition of the word. 

Some words have more than one meaning and in this situation we need to established the meaning by the context. 

There is also something that you may very well know , and that the Heavenly Father has made Jesus Christ the judge of all the world. 

And the Lord of Lords. 

Just by saying "the Lord of Lords", we understand that they are other Lords, and the same also , that they are other Judges. 

What does that mean, everyone may decide whom to have as a Lord and a Judge. 

It may also be that someone may have a different Lord for a different situation, multiple Lords, multiple Judges for different situations. 

But the time comes that everyone will be subjected to the Judgement of Jesus Christ. 

Carefully please don't read into my words things that come into mind, and I didn't say. 

I said the time will come that everyone will be subjected to the Judgement of Jesus Christ, that day can come anytime at the discretion of Jesus Christ, so to speak, that is anytime it happens, because the Holy Spirit is here on earth, and can judge the thoughts of everyone, that does not mean they obeyed, and about the Judgement of our final time, so to speak at the time of our final time of being together in our body that also. 

Remember that Jesus Christ was not the Judge of all , all the time, he was Throne as the Judge of all only after his resurrection. 

Now the Question, how was it before that time in the Old? 

Are we still in the Old? 

Or in the New. 

Are we in what Jesus said the old will pass away, like a garment the old will be discarded and the new will be put on. 

The old needs to be discarded, it cannot be repaired with some part of the new garment, or both are distroyed, and the New garment does not need anything from the old, all things have pass away, the new has come. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

8 hours ago, MyLordsServant said:

The answer to they question is yes: 

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

2 Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."

Romans 10:13 "for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

The reality is though that not everyone will put their faith in Christ:

Matthew 7:13-14 "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

Matthew 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."

Luke 13:27 - 28 "But he will reply, 'I don't know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers! "There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out."

What do you mean by this statement please clarify.

I personally have never heard this statement before so I will take your word for it. However if I faith in Jesus Christ that means I have put my complete trust in his work on the cross and I have put my faith in the God who had promised me eternal life because I have put my faith in His Son(who is also God by they way). So yes because I am born again Jesus Christ knows me. 

Revelation 3:5 "The one who conquers will be clothed thus in white garments, and I will never blot his name out of the book of life. I will confess his name before my Father and before his angels."

Matthew 10:29-31 "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny?[a] And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows."

Romans 11:29 "For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable."

Yes this would be the case. But sadly it will not be what actually happens. See my versus above. 

I would highly doubt it. A person who has faith in Jesus Christ would be saved. I am not really sure how you could separate the two. I can have knowledge of God and Jesus Christ but it doesn't mean that I have put my faith in Him. Knowledge is good but if you do nothing with the knowledge it does a person no good. So I don't believe faith can be separate from salvation because faith is required for salvation. Faith and faith alone is required. 

Ephesians 2:8 - 9 "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast."

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

8 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Not in English.

What do you mean a persona cannot be saved in English. Please elaborate.

Again have to ask you to elaborate please.

Yes, in English [western/ greek/ worldly].  Maybe otherwise also, if "faith" means different than in Scripture/ in Jesus as God means it.

And again what do you mean? Please clarify. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

I believe anyone can be saved by faith, and faith alone- because to do anything else to be 'saved', would be to save ourselves- and to negate what Jesus did at the cross. What He did was all that needed to be done, period, as the 'Author and Finisher of our faith'. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

10 hours ago, MyLordsServant said:

There are two types of faith: dead faith and working faith.

"For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love." - Galatians 5:6

He who says I have faith, but live in darkness, is deceived.

"He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked." - 1 John 2:6

Because everyone can say: "I have faith". But saying that you have faith does not mean it is alive.

"If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered;
and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned." - John 15:6

You can read about it here: https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/217233-by-grace-we-have-been-saved-through-faith/

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Here is my ten cents. Salvation by faith.

Faith is not a passive thing. Witness the Hebrews of old. Yahweh said anyone could be an Israelite if they performed the rites as they did and were adopted into the tribe by following the Commandments and Law. Doing and acting.

So, think of FAITH as an ongoing actionable entity. Yeshua said, if you love me you will keep My Commandments. This can mean passively or actively. You will become what you believe and love. Initially, it may seem a chore. But by being persistently obedient to Him, it will become a habit that enriches your life.

BELIEVE that Yahweh sent Yeshua into the world as a BLOOD SACRIFICE for the remission and propitiation of our sins and our sinful natures.

So, in short Salvation is:
BELIEF on Yeshuah; REPENTANCE of sin by CONFESSION of iniquity; ACCEPTANCE of forgiveness; DETERMINATION to follow His WAY in OBEDIENCE to His WORDS.  (Iniquity means Lawlessness, or breaking God's Law).

Warm fuzzies do not necessarily follow on. 

It is really a FAITH CONTRACT. It is an active lifestyle. It requires due diligence and ongoing OBEDIENCE; if and when necessary it will also require REPENTANCE.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

10 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Not in English.

Yes.  No.

Of all who are saved, yes.  Of all the world, no.

< shrugs >  "common teaching" is usually or may be heresy, from the usage here....

No hypotheticals can save even one person.

So ?   There is no "method" involved,  no "system",  of man nor of the world, to be saved in Jesus, by YHWH (God).

simplejeff.......What is the hebraic concept of faith...is it more than is commonly thought? 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

simplejeff.......What is the hebraic concept of faith...is it more than is commonly thought? 

Yes,  it is so much (ALIVE!)  different than western/ greek/ pagan/ heathen/ worldly thinking.