JesusIsLord92

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

How do you forgive. I know the verses but how to apply practically. Have been hurt by dozens of people and want to be free. Literally so many people. Can’t seem to forgive. Quoting verses isn’t enough. Please help

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,522
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Sorry! One must believe the passages, along with the derived precepts and principles behind them. If not, then there is not going to be any letting go. Can't keep score and play for points. The word of God is more than enough, it is perfect, make application of it. Ask the Holy Spirit in prayer.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

On 1/17/2018 at 1:33 AM, JesusIsLord92 said:

How do you forgive. I know the verses but how to apply practically. Have been hurt by dozens of people and want to be free. Literally so many people. Can’t seem to forgive. Quoting verses isn’t enough. Please help

Forgiving is choosing not to remember the hurt. I can remember the person- to pray for them. I pray that they be comforted of hurts they have experienced.

But whenever I remember what they did that hurt me, I quickly remember instead that God said to forgive them.

I change what I remember. I exchange the hurt for the forgiving. God loves them, God has forgiven them. So I forgive them too. When I say "I forgive them", God too is saying "I forgive them."

"I forgive heavenly Father. I forgive if I have ought against any."

I continue it, making it a knee-jerk reaction to any pop up memory of hurt. I do it until I can go a long span of time without remembering being hurt by anyone.

It helps me to make good use of my imagination to visualize God putting balm over the hurt in my heart. When I see him do that, I say "I forgive."

It works.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  85

God's standard of forgiveness:

"For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more." (Hebrews 8:12)

That's how.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

On 1/17/2018 at 1:33 AM, JesusIsLord92 said:

If you hold onto the hurts people have committed against you , you give them power over your life beyond that moment in the past when the hurt first arrived. 

Take back your power and release theirs by forgiving them. You have to be sincere. Forgiveness isn't for their sake. It is for yours. 

In the Bible God is referred to as an all consuming fire in many passages.  When I came to the Lord with all that baggage of past hurts I let it go through a ritual. 

I took time and recalled all the hurts and those who were responsible. Then I wrote their names on individual pieces of paper and listed the hurts below it. 

When I finished, I prayed the Lord's prayer, and asked God to give me strength to let it go for the sake of peace. Then I put those pieces of paper into the bonfire I'd made in our fire pit. Giving that hurt up to God as it were. The all consuming fire of renewal and redemption that is our precious God who would take away the tears and the hurts from those who were his from the beginning. 

It was like a giant weight lifted from my shoulders. As if I'd been carrying around this heavy cape I didn't even know I wore , when I allowed all those old hurts plague me well beyond the moment of that conflict. 

I found peace. Because the people that hurt you can't change you unless you let them. And one way to let that happen is to carry their behaviors against you with you into the future. It gives their hurt that extra bite day after day as you recall it and how it made you feel, day after day. 

Those that seek to hurt us feed off the satisfaction they gain if we allow the hurt to affect our life. Don't let that happen. Starve them. Because those that seek to hurt you want to steal your joy. And I've found that is because they don't have any of their own. Instead they live in the darkness and thrive on pain, conflict, hurtful words, depraved violent behavior. 

And they hate people who live in the light and love of Christ. That's a pitiable shame. One I can't imagine as a way of life but those type people are out there. 

Let go of the pain and forgive. Learn from it and empower yourself. Don't carry it as an injury to your self-esteem and let it weaken you. Just think, the people that thrive on hurting people are miserable people.  You have a choice to be happy and prosperous and alive in the joy and love of Christ. That's a much better place to be. :):emot-hug: God loves you and wants only the best for you. My prayers are with you. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  50

-

Edited by Ana

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  40

The hardest thing to do as a Christian for me. I know your struggle.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,163
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

On 1/16/2018 at 11:33 PM, JesusIsLord92 said:

Many, if not all of us, have been hurt by others at some point in our lives. Know that you are not alone in this - the enemy loves to get us to think we're the only one going through that. You are not.

Start with something simple. Ask the Lord to help you pray for them. Pray for them like you would want someone to pray for you, and ask for help do so - and mean it. Then ask Him to help you forgive them as He forgave you. It may take time, but you will begin to see changes in yourself and it will get easier with time. You can't hate someone you're praying for.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

On 1/17/2018 at 2:33 AM, JesusIsLord92 said:

Rather hard to describe except if you repay evil with love then you show yourself to be the better and stronger person. Just put it behind you and remember that you have one true friend in the Lord and that is the only friend than really and truly matters the most