• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

44 minutes ago, angels4u said:

I have seen it done but I don't know if they inhale. It is a lot of smoke and I really don't know the purpose of it.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Maybe vape to get the nicotine hit.

That's worse than smoking, people are coming down with cancer now from them, and they were only invented 15 years ago, in China.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

They were smoking vapor/water pipes (thru water) a lot longer than 15 years ago. The vapor is just that; water or glycerin tinged steam.

A lot of people quit by slowly reducing the amount of nicotine in the mix. The NHS applauds this way of the slow eradication of smoking. Many other health organisations concur.

Some show off types can make clouds of smoke just for fun mostly. There are still hooka bars in many countries. In OR you can smoke weed in the gov approved stores. 

I do not see a Commandment mentioning smoking or similar.

It does no bother me so long as it is done sensitively. The big push from those that want to be our self-appointed guides seems to want us to live forever because that is all they have... this life.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

On 1/17/2018 at 10:27 AM, Vkalgren2 said:

Wandering if any Christians have struggled with tobacco? And how long until they gave it up? Was it hard?

I found a good way to quit was this.  Day one, one cigarette per hour.  Day 2, one cigarette every two hours.  Each day go longer without, and eventually you can be done.  Also, I found hard candies like jolly ranchers were useful to keep handy and pop in my mouth every time I thought of smoking.  The first couple of days without nicotine are the hardest, usually some headaches involved, but it will pass after about 3 days.

God bless

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Justin Adams said:

They were smoking vapor/water pipes (thru water) a lot longer than 15 years ago. The vapor is just that; water or glycerin tinged steam.

A lot of people quit by slowly reducing the amount of nicotine in the mix. The NHS applauds this way of the slow eradication of smoking. Many other health organisations concur.

Some show off types can make clouds of smoke just for fun mostly. There are still hooka bars in many countries. In OR you can smoke weed in the gov approved stores. 

It does no bother me so long as it is done sensitively. The big push from those that want to be our self-appointed guides seems to want us to live forever because that is all they have... this life.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/249710.php

Water pipe smoking and deep inhalation cigarette smoking were shown to have similar effects on respiratory status.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Smoking is bad for someone whether they are a Christian or not. As a Christian though there are two areas where I see smoking detrimental to ones spiritual walk. First smoking is a habit and most smokers that I know are controlled by this habit. My view is that the habit of smoking controls an individual versus an individual controlling themselves from smoking. 

Second it damages your body and as a Christian your body doesn't belong to you it belongs to God I Corinthians 6:19-20 "Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies."

Bottom line is smoking isn't good for you no matter what. It is expensive, hurts the body and actually hurts those around the person when the smoke. My thought is this (and I have good Christians friends that smoke and are trying hard to break the habit), find someone in the church that can help you quit by holding you accountable each and every week. Just like any habit a person get's themselves into the habit they need to work on getting out of the habit. This is where trusting the Lord as a Christian is so important. He can give the victory we can't do it on our own. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  9,251
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

On 1/18/2018 at 2:13 PM, Evgeniya said:

As for me i used to quit slowly, i hate those who says like :" pray and u will directly quit, "- thats a crap, total crap. Buy yourself a vipe and slowly decrease the nicotine it helps, i smoked 15 years.... Never feel shy if u smoke, those who try to shame you - they have bigger problems. They are sexual perverts

i dont think that automiticly  means they are sexual perverts...but lack respect for there nabor

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

17 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

While there's not a direct, "Thou shalt not smoke." in scripture my feeling is that if anything is controlling me rather than the Holy Spirit it was a major problem. Stopped smoking for up to about 2 years several times but picked up up again. The Lord still answered prayer and delivered me from it. He used the 2 lower wisdom teeth I had to have removed in the process - couldn't smoke for a week or so after. The pain killers had me so out of it that the first 3 days were kinda foggy. I lost the desire to smoke after that, and I didn't realize how enslaved I was to it until after I was free of it. That's from a homeless drug addict Jesus cleaned up, by the way. Your mileage may vary. I have known folks who were delivered  immediately while others struggled like I did. No idea why.

With that said I will add this: Every older believer, elder, deacon, pastor, etc. I have known who smoked earlier in their lives has always been lead away from that and other habits. The Lord was the one who walked the out of it, they didn't do it in there own strength any more than I did.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Do NOT start vaping. Regardless of what you read or hear, vaping is just as bad for you. They just dont have the studies like they do with cigs due to how new it is.

Im a big advocate of cold turkey quitting. Yes it sucks and yes its tough. But it is the fastest way to stop and start reversing the effects.

Once you have some time under your belt after quitting, even the thought of smoking will make you cringe.

God bless and good luck

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  484
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

I remember my first cigarette was at the age of 12. I stopped at the age of 29 and never turned back. God delivered me from smoking and I am grateful HE did! Many prayed and I can honestly say, the chains broke. It has now been 22 years of total freedom from nicotine! Thank you Lord for your Faithfulness!

• Praise God! 1