• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

On 1/19/2018 at 7:12 AM, wingnut- said:

I found a good way to quit was this.  Day one, one cigarette per hour.  Day 2, one cigarette every two hours.  Each day go longer without, and eventually you can be done.  Also, I found hard candies like jolly ranchers were useful to keep handy and pop in my mouth every time I thought of smoking.  The first couple of days without nicotine are the hardest, usually some headaches involved, but it will pass after about 3 days.

God bless

i think this type of way is great...because you dont have to stop cold turkey and also i think your  mind and body will  help you more as you cut back...because you will notice that you feel better making you want to quit even more...Dont know if i exsplained  this that good but hopefully it's understandable.

Edited by shanee
spelling
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

14 minutes ago, shanee said:

i think this type of way is great...because you dont have to stop cold turkey and also i think your  mind and body will  help you more as you cut back...because you will notice that you feel better making you want to quit even more...Dont know if i exsplained  this that good but hopefully it's understandable.

Yes, and as a person cuts back more their body will require less and less nicotine. Even if they can not quit completely.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/10/1963

If  God created you yo smoke he would have put a Cheminy on your head!

• Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, shanee said:

Yes, you explained it well.  Not sure if you have seen any of these recent commercials on TV, but the court recently ordered the tobacco companies to pay for an ad campaign explaining what they have been doing.  Not only have they tampered with the nicotine to make it affect the brain, but they have manipulated the paper and the filters in the cigarettes as well to increase addiction.  Also they have had to admit that light cigarettes and ultra light cigarettes contain just as much nicotine and tar as regular cigarettes, so anyone who thinks they are safer using those light products, has been deceived.  These practices alone are reason enough to inspire people to quit in my opinion.

God bless