• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

As a woman, I despise it.

Yes, there are a few things that are on the right track, but worded so that it is headed OFF the rail and into the valley of rocks.

There are varying versions of this floating around and have been for years - some even harsher than this one.  I don't think this is the original.  I've seen a copy of the original in newspaper form.  This one has been"softened".

I have to ask after reading this:

•  Why must the evening be "his"?  Are they not one-flesh?  Why can't the evening be "theirs" - husband AND wife - and family.  Hasn't her day been stressful, too?  Isn't her work just as important and hard as his?
  •  When does she get to "relax and renew herself in body and spirit?  Why is the home and the evening only about him?
  • Yes, everyone should not look like slobs, but why do they have to look like they are going to church.  
  • Why is the tone of the article - which admittedly was in a different time - as if the husband is a physical and mental wreck when he comes home and she is the nurse, nanny, cook, and scullery maid?
  • I don't say that a wife shouldn't be about making a home pleasant for everyone - including herself - but the tone isn't one of a husband who loves his wife the way that Christ loved the church nor a wife who respects her husband.  It's just a job description.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

48 minutes ago, Jayne said:

As a woman, I despise it.

Yes, there are a few things that are on the right track, but worded so that it is headed OFF the rail and into the valley of rocks.

There are varying versions of this floating around and have been for years - some even harsher than this one.  I don't think this is the original.  I've seen a copy of the original in newspaper form.  This one has been"softened".

I have to ask after reading this:

•  Why must the evening be "his"?  Are they not one-flesh?  Why can't the evening be "theirs" - husband AND wife - and family.  Hasn't her day been stressful, too?  Isn't her work just as important and hard as his?
  •  When does she get to "relax and renew herself in body and spirit?  Why is the home and the evening only about him?
  • Yes, everyone should not look like slobs, but why do they have to look like they are going to church.  
  • Why is the tone of the article - which admittedly was in a different time - as if the husband is a physical and mental wreck when he comes home and she is the nurse, nanny, cook, and scullery maid?
  • I don't say that a wife shouldn't be about making a home pleasant for everyone - including herself - but the tone isn't one of a husband who loves his wife the way that Christ loved the church nor a wife who respects her husband.  It's just a job description.

The sad thing is most people live for SELF , instead of the other.  IF both lived soley unto GOD,  then both would serve the other .  Its that simple.

The world says live for ME and what have you done for me lately.    THE SPIRIT says put the others welfare above your own.       

By living in the SPIRIT their would be such peace amongst brethren , man and wife .  for none would seek his or her own self , they would simply live for the other.

and do so in the pattern taught the churches.     Man has made complicated a walk that should have been so simple.

JESUS never came to serve self ,  He came as one who ministered ,  Oh he warned and correct asap fast , but that is all part of true love.  For love desires none to perish.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

58 minutes ago, Jayne said:

It's just a job description.

This could be good (NOT from previoius posts nor the OP)  , just from what the BIBLE SAYS.  Stick to the BIBLE,

as

JESUS says:   Who is MY mother and MY brother and MY sister ?  Whoever HEARS (rare, remember) the WORD of the FATHER,  and (AND) DOES IT.   Exactly as the FATHER SAYS, DO.  Simple. (for man and woman and child).

NEVER DO what the devil says to do.  Resist the devil, and he will flee.

DO always what the FATHER SAYS DO.   Simply that, and no more.   (then there is no divorce, no theft, no adultery, no idolatry, AND feelings and emotions DON'T get in the way,   etc)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

An interesting bellwether...

"Patience is a virtue, that's for sure.  BUT ... patience never helped a rooster lay an egg

and patience never will help anything to do anything outside the will of God.

So , the next time you see lil johnny trying to dress up like jane,   Don't heed the world who says patience

Pick up the rod and put a few good swipes on the seat of them pants and correct .   

1 minute ago, Butero said:

How about when little Jane wants to dress up like little Johnny?  

Then  light her up too.    If we actually did SOME spanking as well as verbal correction, we would be amazed at how it actually does some good.

Give them the verbal warning first .     Say cease that or you about to know what it feels like to sit on a camp fire . then if they don't heed, light that end up .

It works.  

3 minutes ago, Butero said:

I agree, but isn't that a common practice today?  

???   "common" (to follow?)  as on the wide road to destruction ???

1 minute ago, Butero said:

Common as in Jane dressing like Johnny.  It is the norm.  Johnny dressing like Jane is another story.  That is far less common place.  

So then, yes, all headed to destruction.   (on the wide road)

11 minutes ago, Butero said:

I agree, but isn't that a common practice today?  

In some families I suppose it still is.