• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

8 minutes ago, Jayne said:

I'm still NOT chuckling. 

I'm flabbergasted that not many understood the point I was making.

I completely understood your point sister, and agree with you, it was well said....... just thought the article was deserving to be laughed at, it was silly and impossible.........in fact I just came back to say that it really isn't funny at all, because I think that this was actually the infant stage of what women are in bondage to today, virtually prostituting themselves (without money), eating disorders, etc, etc,. thanks in part to that sort of drivel they are taught in commercial mass media.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.27
  • Days Won:  3

I wish I was handed this marriage advice in my early 20's. 

It's a good foundation and u can modify it to suit your household but I see nothing wrong with it .....

If the hubby is a stay at home dad, then I would expect the same :) modified of course!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

7 minutes ago, Jayne said:

I absolutely was not talking about "fairness".    People who whine about fairness are never going to get it.  This world isn't fair - and sometimes wrongly so - pride, selfishness, and greed.  God isn't fair - and rightly so - if he were we would all be in hell right now.

I'm talking about why the article seems to be saying that everything she does all day long is to make sure that he will want to come home and when he gets home, he will want to stay home.  He should already want to come home and stay home because he loves her and his family.  If the baby needs changing when he arrives or if the roast is burnt - she hasn't failed.  It's just part of life.  

Why the command for perfection for the husband's sake?

And where, where, where is the article or job description about how a husband is to make his wife happy floating around the internet?

Or in all of these incessant arguments on message boards about what women can and cannot do, can and cannot wear, can and cannot say in church, can and cannot practice and can and cannot have as a profession are the incessant discussions about men and their lives a husbands, providers, and fathers?

Fairness?  No indeed. 

Trying to understand the concept of "worth" as a spouse?  Yes.

God isn't fair - and rightly so - if he were we would all be in hell right now

HOW TRUE THIS IS .   I mean IF GOD were to give us what we earned, what we deserve.    I PROMISE it would not be grace.    YOU SPOT ON right here .  spot on.

and the sooner the church realizes this, the sooner we can HONOR HIM and stop waiting for HIM TO SERVE THE ME ME ME

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

I'm going to bow out.  Sorry that I showed my ruffled feathers.

It just strikes a very tender nerve every time that I see this posted on the internet.

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, Jayne said:

I absolutely was not talking about "fairness".    People who whine about fairness are never going to get it.  This world isn't fair - and sometimes wrongly so - pride, selfishness, and greed.  God isn't fair - and rightly so - if he were we would all be in hell right now.

I'm talking about why the article seems to be saying that everything she does all day long is to make sure that he will want to come home and when he gets home, he will want to stay home.  He should already want to come home and stay home because he loves her and his family.  If the baby needs changing when he arrives or if the roast is burnt - she hasn't failed.  It's just part of life.  

Why the command for perfection for the husband's sake?

And where, where, where is the article or job description about how a husband is to make his wife happy floating around the internet?

Or in all of these incessant arguments on message boards about what women can and cannot do, can and cannot wear, can and cannot say in church, can and cannot practice and can and cannot have as a profession are the incessant discussions about men and their lives a husbands, providers, and fathers?

Fairness?  No indeed. 

Trying to understand the concept of "worth" as a spouse?  Yes.

I hear you Jayne and wouldn't be surprised if this thread will be used now as a jumping off point to tell us some more.  Women are for sure the weaker sex, the most compliant, the ones most likely to be exploited or abused in any situation of life including marriage, and the ones most needing of protection.......and yet I have noticed in over 30 years of knowing the Lord that teaching of men seems to be woefully neglected.  If anything, one would think that doth not even nature dictate the scales should be tipped in the other direction.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Justin Adams said:

Give and give until you bleed. Then give some more. Never preached anymore. Always the ones I heard are about equal rights and taking what you can (in a nice way). Wives only respect your husbands if the internet says they deserve it. Children, do no revere your parents because you are in charge. Husbands, just keep bleeding until you collapse because you are probably a dead-beat dad anyway.

State will nit-pick for inequality and make sure the social services mess with as many families as possible or else their budgets will be cut. Budgets that cannot afford a decent police force can afford shrinks to go prying for social injustice's lucre.

Make sure the little boys are feminized and the girls are masculined. Ensure equality of purpose and force-feed evolution and alternative lifestyles to the kindergarten kiddos. Make sure every child is left behind in the dust of failed programs that are ever changing to keep teachers on the hop. Pretend 'religion' is not allowed in public schools because Judy and Janet would be offended.

The works of darkness know not light .     They been busy Justin.    busy bees preparing a one world hive that will in time come against their true enemy.  THE JESUS FOLLOWING

non conforming to the world , bible loving chistian.     WE do war against spiritual wickedness in high places and its flooded into many now.

A one world hive that in time desires to sting to death the true christains.    This is the enemy , the adversary at work in men and women both behind the scenes and in plain sight

from top down to bottom and up.    The adversary works to guide all into the all inclusive mindset that will come full force against his enemies the true lambs.

And justino,    its getting closer every day to this desired goal.         Fear it not .    JUST rejoice in the LORD and onward we go through the valley and the hills

through the trenches , through out all the world the gospel will not be stopped , though many will be killed .     NO fear.    GOD is with HIS OWN.  even unto the end.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

:24:

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.27
  • Days Won:  3

Just now, Butero said:

That is a good point about the stay at home dad.  I do think there is an established Biblical order for the home, and the man's job is to earn a living.  That is not the wife's responsibility.  I do see a type of job description in the Bible.  That being said, this is not a job description from scripture.  It is just advise on how a wife can make her husband happy.  I would imagine it would work in most cases.  I was kind of having fun with the Stepford wives web-site, because compared to what they are suggesting, this was written by a feminist.  

There are things in that article that I would appreciate, but wouldn't demand.  I don't mind hearing about my wife's day.  I don't expect dinner to be ready at a definite time, and everything to be perfect.  I also don't mind getting up for my own coffee or whatever and don't need to be treated like royalty all the time, but it does make anyone feel good when a person does go the extra mile, even though they don't have to.  I don't think it is such bad counsel either.  

I have given counsel to a husband before who was complaining his wife doesn't work that hard at home and should work a job too.  I told him that is not her responsibility.  In other words, it is not in her job description.   I defended his wife and tried to show him how much value there is in what she did, but to no avail.  I was told housewives really don't do that much, even when a child is involved.  It goes back to what someone else said, that everything is about self.  It is about supposed fairness.  Nobody wants to do for the other person unless they get something in return.  

I get what you're saying Butero :)

The foundations of this advice is not bad - not every household functions the sane way, so in that sense I say to modify according to your house.

If the wife chooses to take on this serving style,  God wouldn't be condemning of it, rather  I think He would bless this marriage and any Christian husband would be doing wonderful things for his wife in return. I cannot see how any Spirit filled Christian man wouldn't.

That's simply my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

ladies take notes :laugh:

Screenshot_2018-01-16-19-42-58-1.png

Get a female robot /robot wife ?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, Jayne said:

As a woman, I despise it.

Yes, there are a few things that are on the right track, but worded so that it is headed OFF the rail and into the valley of rocks.

There are varying versions of this floating around and have been for years - some even harsher than this one.  I don't think this is the original.  I've seen a copy of the original in newspaper form.  This one has been"softened".

I have to ask after reading this:

•  Why must the evening be "his"?  Are they not one-flesh?  Why can't the evening be "theirs" - husband AND wife - and family.  Hasn't her day been stressful, too?  Isn't her work just as important and hard as his?
  •  When does she get to "relax and renew herself in body and spirit?  Why is the home and the evening only about him?
  • Yes, everyone should not look like slobs, but why do they have to look like they are going to church.  
  • Why is the tone of the article - which admittedly was in a different time - as if the husband is a physical and mental wreck when he comes home and she is the nurse, nanny, cook, and scullery maid?
  • I don't say that a wife shouldn't be about making a home pleasant for everyone - including herself - but the tone isn't one of a husband who loves his wife the way that Christ loved the church nor a wife who respects her husband.  It's just a job description.

I couldn't agree more.