• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

Just now, Eastern Star said:

Get a female robot /robot wife ?

Lol, by the looks of it, everyone needs a wife!

J O K E :laugh:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, HisFirst said:

Lol, by the looks of it, everyone needs a wife!

J O K E :laugh:

I would be content with a dog really :P

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

ladies take notes :laugh:

Screenshot_2018-01-16-19-42-58-1.png

Now i am curious: Is there any article on Tips to look after your wife in the 1950s. I am certainly interested in this. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

1 minute ago, Eastern Star said:

Now i am curious: Is there any article on Tips to look after your wife in the 1950s. I am certainly interested in this. 

If so, you might find the "tips" (again)  humanistic/ carnal/ opposed to the true Gospel of Jesus.

For the best and true tips, look a few years further back - the first century.  IN the NEW TESTAMENT is the best possible instructions for everyone, including wives and husbands, singles and married.  But you have to read it yourself, and ask the Father in heaven to take the veil away to understand it. (unless you find someone who can read it for you and explain it truthfully, and still also ABBA must grant the understanding or it is not understood).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

Just now, Eastern Star said:

I don't know about where you live ES, but in Australia there is a saying 'Happy wife, Happy life'...so as long as you keep wife happy, hubby will be happy....in other words, give her whatever she wants (to shut her up) and she'll turn a blind eye to things she'd normally protest to.

Now Jesus tells us to do to others as we would like to be done to ourselves and (not sure who - Paul?) Says for husbands to love their wives as themselves...that's a win win situation.

Jesus came in a serving role, and so should we - and a Christian husband should be sensitive to his wife's needs as he is to his own. 

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, Jayne said:

I'm still NOT chuckling. 

I'm flabbergasted that not many understood the point I was making.

I clearly understood and i agree. I am chuckling beyond disbelief reading the article. Thank God i wasn't born in the 50s.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, simplejeff said:

If so, you might find the "tips" (again)  humanistic/ carnal/ opposed to the true Gospel of Jesus.

For the best and true tips, look a few years further back - the first century.  IN the NEW TESTAMENT is the best possible instructions for everyone, including wives and husbands, singles and married.  But you have to read it yourself, and ask the Father in heaven to take the veil away to understand it. (unless you find someone who can read it for you and explain it truthfully, and still also ABBA must grant the understanding or it is not understood).

Oh the thing that i observed here is this. If we say tips for how to care for wife, some men would jump and scream and say it is unbiblical or women are screaming for fairness. On the contrary, if one would actually read the bible in a way that God actually speaks to us human, you would find many spot on tips about how a husband should love his wife. And let me tell you, this article posted over here isn't even biblical in the first place. It is just some article written in 1950s Home Economics Book that isn't even biblical based. Go figure! If you guys are gonna quote the Bible, God's word etc, do so as what exactly the Word of God say. Lest you guys forget, the word of God actually mention the roles of husband and then the wife simultaneously, and that husband ought to love his wife as his own body. Reading that "manual"above, it isn't 100% reflecting what God's word portray. Dont get me wrong, women would love to love their husbands and would definitely do some of the things mentioned above. I would. BUT...the article is missing a very big point there: the intimacy and togetherness between husband and wife as one flesh according to definition of biblical marriage. All i see here is the mentality of "placing women in their position" and the mentality of "let men be men". Just like how a woman, assumes her roles as a wife, mother, lover, friend, cook, cleaner, career woman, studying woman etc etc...a male also has his role as a husband, provider, protector, lover, friend, someone his wife could confide to etc etc. 

• Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, Butero said:

I felt like I got your point.  Weren't you complaining it wasn't fair?  Why must the evening be his?  Are they not one flesh?  When does she get to relax and renew herself?  I don't know how anyone could misread that, but I would like to know if I am wrong.  

No.. her point was simple. they vs. his/her

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

17 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

The sad thing is most people live for SELF , instead of the other.  IF both lived soley unto GOD,  then both would serve the other .  Its that simple.

The world says live for ME and what have you done for me lately.    THE SPIRIT says put the others welfare above your own.       

By living in the SPIRIT their would be such peace amongst brethren , man and wife .  for none would seek his or her own self , they would simply live for the other.

and do so in the pattern taught the churches.     Man has made complicated a walk that should have been so simple.

JESUS never came to serve self ,  He came as one who ministered ,  Oh he warned and correct asap fast , but that is all part of true love.  For love desires none to perish.

Amen.........I agree.......as long as you don't mean it as a recommendation for that silly, unrealistic , one-sided and damaging article, bro.

(nothing against the poster, understand the article was posted tongue-in-cheek)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, Eastern Star said:

Oh the thing that i observed here is this. If we say tips for how to care for wife, some men would jump and scream and say it is unbiblical or women are screaming for fairness. On the contrary, if one would actually read the bible in a way that God actually speaks to us human, you would find many spot on tips about how a husband should love his wife. And let me tell you, this article posted over here isn't even biblical in the first place. It is just some article written in 1950s Home Economics Book that isn't even biblical based. Go figure! If you guys are gonna quote the Bible, God's word etc, do so as what exactly the Word of God say. Lest you guys forget, the word of God actually mention the roles of husband and then the wife simultaneously, and that husband ought to love his wife as his own body. Reading that "manual"above, it isn't 100% reflecting what God word portrays. Dont get me wrong, women would love to love her husband and would definitely do some of the things mentioned above. I would. BUT...the article is missing a very big point there: the intimacy and togetherness between husband and wife as one flesh according to definition of biblical marriage. All i see here is the mentality of "placing women in her position" and the mentality of "let men be men". Just like how a woman, assumes her roles as a wife, mother, lover, friend, cook, cleaner, career woman, studying woman etc etc...a male also has his role as a husband, provider, protector, lover, friend, someone his wife could confide to etc etc. 

Amen.....i thought the article was damaging to the image of what a true Godly marriage should be...........and damaging to young women as well in the kind of message it was giving them.

• Thumbs Up 1