• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

11 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Amen.........I agree.......as long as you don't mean it as a recommendation for that silly, unrealistic , one-sided and damaging article, bro.

(nothing against the poster, understand the article was posted tongue-in-cheek)

SISTER.  with me their is no hidden agenda.    the words just mean what they say.    You be blessed and praise the Lord.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

9 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

SISTER.  with me their is no hidden agenda.    the words just mean what they say.    You be blessed and praise the Lord.

Hidden agenda never even occurred to me brother......just wasn't clear whether your response to the article was in agreement with the article or not......and I was agreeing with your post on it's own, as long as it wasn't intended to give tacit approval to the article.  Tacit approval or tacit disapproval is not a hidden agenda, it is just an indirect approval or disapproval.  I was just trying to be clear about my agreement with your post.  But,  hoo boy, explanations are often more confusing than not on the internet.  ;)  Now, let me ask you, the humourous intention aside, would you endorse that article as good teaching for young women?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

28 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Hidden agenda never even occurred to me brother......just wasn't clear whether your response to the article was in agreement with the article or not......and I was agreeing with your post on it's own, as long as it wasn't intended to give tacit approval to the article.  Tacit approval or tacit disapproval is not a hidden agenda, it is just an indirect approval or disapproval.  I was just trying to be clear about my agreement with your post.  But,  hoo boy, explanations are often more confusing than not on the internet.  ;)  Now, let me ask you, the humourous intention aside, would you endorse that article as good teaching for young women?

I would simply say it like paul did .     Husbands love your wives , wives etc.

I think the church should teach both the men and the women to live solely for GOD ,  live for the other before themselves as well.

The body of the wife is not her own ,   the body of the husband is not his own.   Keep the whole pattern biblical.   Christ as head of Church man as head of wife

and all living for the sake of the other above themselves ,  and living FOR GOD above all .    just that simple.   I say lets endorse the biblical pattern.

It is also another reason why I love ya sister.    You by grace seem to do just that .   You are loved sister.  

2 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I would simply say it like paul did .     Husbands love your wives , wives etc.

I think the church should teach both the men and the women to live solely for GOD ,  live for the other before themselves as well.

The body of the wife is not her own ,   the body of the husband is not his own.   Keep the whole pattern biblical.   Christ as head of Church man as head of wife

and all living for the sake of the other above themselves ,  and living FOR GOD above all .    just that simple.   I say lets endorse the biblical pattern.

It is also another reason why I love ya sister.    You by grace seem to do just that .   You are loved sister.  

No argument with what you are saying brother, it's good sound biblical doctrine.  Having good doctrine is one thing and vitally important......but applying it in the nitty gritty of real life sometimes takes another kind of wisdom, hence my question.......we need to not only know good doctrine but know how to apply it as well.  I didn't think the article could be taken as an appropriate application.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

Just now, Butero said:

That saying can be applied in reverse.  If a wife keeps her husband happy, he will also turn a blind eye to things he would normally protest to.  I know that to be a fact.  It really comes down to the husband and the wife following the Bible.  The instructions from this article are not Bible based.  I do think a husband would appreciate being treated like that, and that he would treat his wife good in return, but this is nothing but an opinion piece.  I wouldn't use it as instructions in church or anything.  We should be turning to the Bible to see how God instructs us.  

It's true that its not from the Bible, however, it does remind me of the book titled, "A Woman after God's own Heart" by Christian author Elizabeth George.

I would call it a modified Biblical version of the '50's advice.

It talks about helping  husband, running the home, children, creating a home that is a haven of rest, retreat and peace (for all)...so many things she touches on.

Its definitely a useful resource for women - modern and retro!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

Anyway, it all comes down to the married couple. Whatever pattern they emulate, as long as the foundation is biblical and it eleviates the marriage and both husband and wife are happy with each other. There really isnt one size fit all thing. Certain things may need to be improvised and improved for the betterment of the marriage as time and years go by...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

Just now, Butero said:

It all comes down to men following Biblical instruction and women following Biblical instruction, and not placing all of your concern on whether or not your spouse is 100 percent in compliance with what they are supposed to do.  We all have to give account to God as an individual.

I don't see anything wrong with the counsel this woman gives.  Women will take her advise or leave it.  There are some women in Connecticut that choose to copy the pattern of "Stepford Wives" in their marriage, and are happy.  That is what they want.  Most women wouldn't choose to do that.  Each household is different.  Somewhere out there exists the right woman for every man and vice versa.  The one thing every Christian should do is follow the Biblical pattern. 

I don't know anything about Elizabeth George.  Did you like her book and the advise she gives?  

That's right. Every household is different but Biblical foundations should be present - loving one another as you do yourself. Doing to others as you would like done to self, the man being the head etc....its not a competition between spouses but a partnership.

I do like the advice Elizabeth gives and again, you can modify it to your own lifestyle and still keep the Biblical principals intact.

I absolutely agree that the home should be a place of safety, peace, retreat etc. This piece of advice the article and Elizabeth both agree on (and I).

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Butero said:

Most likely, this is something written by a woman for women.  She wasn't giving advise or instructions for men because that wasn't the purpose of the article.  Of course it is not a Bible based article.  I made mention of that earlier.  I wish I knew who the author was, but the name isn't mentioned, but I would be shocked if a man wrote it.  It doesn't come across like a man's style of writing.  

If you really want me to quote the Bible, and what it says, I can do it.  I spent a lot of time going through what the Bible describes as the role of men and women, so it is just a matter of getting my outline and posting it, but that is not what this article is about.  I have been working on messages on Biblical order for the home and the church, so I have a pretty good idea about the Biblical instructions for men and women.  

I do know what the bible says about the issue at hand and precisely that was why i said what i said earlier. But thank you, Butero. 

On 1/19/2018 at 8:57 AM, HisFirst said:

That's right. Every household is different but Biblical foundations should be present - loving one another as you do yourself. Doing to others as you would like done to self, the man being the head etc....its not a competition between spouses but a partnership.

I do like the advice Elizabeth gives and again, you can modify it to your own lifestyle and still keep the Biblical principals intact.

I absolutely agree that the home should be a place of safety, peace, retreat etc. This piece of advice the article and Elizabeth both agree on (and I).

I think there needs to be a point made here in general.........I understand the OP brought the article tongue-in-cheek and at first that is how I took it as just an amusing piece from back in the day and didn't intend to even follow the thread at all.  But since many are taking it so seriously, there is a great need for some light to be shed on this.......those who are unmarried or don't have children I understand why they would not be able to discern this, having not experienced that part of life, and the realities of it......but for all in general we need to discern that the whole foundation of this article is wrong, as His First rightly said a biblical foundation should be present.......and the very serious problem with the article is that it is not on a biblical foundation, but is on an antichrist foundation.  It teaches a young woman to make her husband her idol, to subjugate herself to her husband as an idol, whereas we need to understand that for spouses serving and loving one another needs to be within the framework and on the foundation of serving God and HE being our God....where it also says that whatsoever we do, do as unto the Lord.  It is actually very dangerous to use an article like this as a jumping off point to try and teach about Godly marriage....it exploits the weakness of woman with eventual nasty consequences when that leaven is allowed to grow.  Ladies and girls I encourage you to seek the Lord alone for His understanding and unction on how to serve your husbands and families, to receive it in a right spirit and on the foundation of Christ and His word and way, not in a way that is rooted and founded on the fall of Adam.........which curses, by the way, we are freed/exempt from in Christ.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

4 minutes ago, Butero said:

Again, I agree with you that we should look to the Bible, not articles like this when it comes to how to conduct ourselves, but to call this anti-Christ and promoting idolatry seems really extreme to me.  I probably wouldn't have even responded to your post if you hadn't taken it that far, because on the main point you made, I agree.  Just look to the Bible and follow it and you will do well in life.  

Without looking at the article, just at this quote,  remember that all society is anti-Christ, and is immersed in idolatry.

Only the Redeemed in Jesus are free from the evil system of the world,  free by Jesus from being what we all once were - sons of disobedience.

And everything born of the flesh/  carnal/ the world as an origin/  is anti-Christ,  not innocuous at all, no,  but deadly, seeking to drag everyone down to the pit,   seeking to distract, to be "instead of Christ",  and is opposed to YHWH and to the Gospel of Salvation , Jesus Himself.

So then,  whatever "article" or reference or of anything "of the world",  beware as Jesus says,  and always turn to YHWH, always seek YHWH, and not the world's way(s),

by faith in Jesus, always trusting and relying completely on YHWH in all things and for all things, as YHWH permits.

• This is Worthy 1