• Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

HE told HIS disciples they must be perfect as the heavenly Father is Perfect

1 John chapter 4 verse 18

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

I'm not going to respond much more, it's a waste of time, for me.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

33 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Quite a paradox...laboring in order to rest.

Yes,   like written in Scripture also:  the kingdom of heaven (today) is taken by violence........ 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, john1 said:

I'm not going to respond much more, it's a waste of time, for me.

True,  there seems to be no purpose in it.

=================================

Still, there is hope.....  love always hopes...... (I think this applies here and now also) ....

1 minute ago, john1 said:

1 John chapter 4 verse 18

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

7 minutes ago, john1 said:

But you don't keep the law.

As noted:   what purpose do you have for bearing false witness in your posts ?  (on purpose , or not ?)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

what purpose do you have for bearing false witness in your posts ?

Where did I bear false witness?

1 Kings chapter 8 verse 46
"When they sin against you--for there is no one who does not sin--and you become angry with them and give them over to their enemies, who take them captive to their own lands, far away or near;
2 Chronicles chapter 6 verse 36
"When they sin against you--for there is no one who does not sin--and you become angry with them and give them over to the enemy, who takes them captive to a land far away or near;
Ecclesiastes chapter 7 verse 20
Indeed, there is no one on earth who is righteous, no one who does what is right and never sins.
1 John chapter 1 verse 8
If anyone claims to be without sin they deceive themselves and the truth is not in them. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

48 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

I got the idea that most are not talking about the Pharisees at all concerning legalists or legalism - rather they are

trying to compare the Judaizers in Galatians to what they try to call legalists or legalism today,  without actually showing any such thing so far as I've seen, 

and they haven't been able to show it either on the forum

nor from any group off the forum so far, although certainly they do exist somewhere, and may be common in some places.

oh I see, thanks jeff.....i think different people might have different associations with the term legalism in that case. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, simplejeff said:

I got the idea that most are not talking about the Pharisees at all concerning legalists or legalism - rather they are

trying to compare the Judaizers in Galatians to what they try to call legalists or legalism today,  without actually showing any such thing so far as I've seen, 

and they haven't been able to show it either on the forum

nor from any group off the forum so far, although certainly they do exist somewhere, and may be common in some places.

Why thank you for bringing up galations.  Paul sure did warn out against trying to justify ourselves by the law.  When truly we seek to be justified by faith in Christ.

BUT , if while we seek to be justified by faith in Christ we ourselves are found sinners,  Christ aint the minister of sin .  We simply make ourselves the transgressors.

What is sin.    The transgression Of the law.    So do I mean if that while we seek to be justified by faith in Christ

we transgress or make void the law that we are not CHRISTS.    YES I DO.   read and weep.

JESUS aint the minister of lawlessness.   And those who make him as though he is,  WILL BE TOLD I never knew you.

I don't have to KEEP the law to be justified.   IF I saw it like that I would be condemned.  BUT we sure don't transgress either.

We really should read the whole of letters and not do as many and cherry pick scrips to try and make them justify our man taught theologies.    DANGEROUS that is.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

oh I see, thanks jeff.....i think different people might have different associations with the term legalism in that case. 

Sister, even while I am typing this I can hear these little feet running all over the house like a mini stampede.

Lil T is chasing her sister all over the two rooms.   I keep seeing these small Siamese blurs just keep running by. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

42 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Why thank you for bringing up galations.  Paul sure did warn out against trying to justify ourselves by the law.  When truly we seek to be justified by faith in Christ.

BUT , if while we seek to be justified by faith in Christ we ourselves are found sinners,  Christ aint the minister of sin .  We simply make ourselves the transgressors.

What is sin.    The transgression Of the law.    So do I mean if that while we seek to be justified by faith in Christ

we transgress or make void the law that we are not CHRISTS.    YES I DO.   read and weep.

JESUS aint the minister of lawlessness.   And those who make him as though he is,  WILL BE TOLD I never knew you.

I don't have to KEEP the law to be justified.   IF I saw it like that I would be condemned.  BUT we sure don't transgress either.

We really should read the whole of letters and not do as many and cherry pick scrips to try and make them justify our man taught theologies.    DANGEROUS that is.

Agree with most of this brother, but just want to clarify something.......where it says that IF we sin we do have an Advocate, so doesn't that mean we are Christ's.  It's just that (as I understand it) to continue in a lifestyle of habitual willful remorseless sin as though the person were never translated out of the kingdom of darkness.......that is an example of someone who is not Christ's.  But IF a child of God stumbles, like a weak moment that they sincerely regret type of thing, they have an Advocate, our High Priest Jesus Christ who ever lives to make intercession for us......talking about someone who truly does not want to sin, not someone who doesn't care or is using grace as an excuse to sin.  Is this correct?

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Heleadethme said:

Agree with most of this brother, but just want to clarify something.......where it says that IF we sin we do have an Advocate, so doesn't that mean we are Christ's.  It's just that (as I understand it) to continue in a lifestyle of habitual willful remorseless sin as though the person were never translated out of the kingdom of darkness.......that is an example of someone who is not Christ's.  But IF a child of God stumbles, like a weak moment that they sincerely regret type of thing, they have an Advocate, our High Priest Jesus Christ who ever lives to make intercession for us......talking about someone who truly does not want to sin, not someone who doesn't care or is using grace as an excuse to sin.  Is this correct?

where it says that IF we sin we do have an Advocate

YES.   fully agree.   

• Thumbs Up 1