• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

1 minute ago, Justin Adams said:

Scripture can also mean He was the Completion of the Law. Not that the law is of no account, else why would Saul (Paul) say that he upholds the law?

Brother, as I just explained He upholds/establishes/validates the law simply because HE is what the Law is talking about, is pointing to, is a picture of....He is what the whole Law was foretelling of and declaring.....the only Righteous One......and when Jesus came, when He showed up, He established/validated/FULFILLED the perfect righteous Law just by being here as the only Perfect Righteous One.  The Law was always looking ahead to the Messiah.  And now we also establish and validate the Law as being True when we have faith and follow this One who the Law was/is all about.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

He was merely putting it into perspective for the Judaizers and other sects that had crept in. That is all.
We have no problem with OVER-KEEPING the law today, so this is a moot point.
Perhaps a misquoted sense of what Saul was saying. Later He says that we should abide by the Law and not dismiss it.

Saul had great difficulty with getting early Christians to see the Law as a shadow of what had followed in the Crucifixion. Putting it in perspective for them. To attempt to do away with the law is a grave error. Yeshua said that not one jot or tittle will pass from it.... Saul repeatedly states that we should uphold the law.

1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? 4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain. 5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Cannot agree that it is a moot point.......first because it is holy scripture and therefore remains a valid warning to the church.....and secondly because Judaizing HAS become a problem in Christendom once again.

Edited by Heleadethme

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  110
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

There is an Apostle that broadcasts out of Philadelphia Pennsylvania and, The First Church of our Lord Jesus Christ, ministry. He's what I'd call a legalistic type pastor. He's also what I'd call, false. 

He teaches that women should have their heads covered in church. That idolatry includes stained glass windows, which is why the new former Catholic church and campus his ministry just acquired in an all cash sale, has had the gorgeous stained glass windows removed. And that women are forbidden to preach in church. That divorce is strictly forbidden. And that a woman is to be a servant unto the man.

There are a number of things he teaches that fall under the umbrella of legalism.  I tend to watch him to listen to his latest outlandish claim using God's word as the truth behind it.  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

7 minutes ago, Rut-Ro said:

I tend to watch him to listen

GOOD!   Perhaps in the next few months YHWH will remove the veil over your mind and open your eyes too,  to realize some of what you object to is good and sound teaching.  KEEP LISTENING !  YES ! And always seek YHWH for understanding ,  as only YHWH is able to grant this.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

12 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

secondly because Judaizing HAS become a problem in Christendom once again.

again ?   Or rather as it has been (world wide) in and from babylon ever since the 3rd/ 4th century and still growing (bad) ?

Have you read NAY ANY posts indicating someone today on the forum is "Judaizing" (with definition what you mean (perhaps already given in previous posts?) , please, btw) ... ?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  110
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

GOOD!   Perhaps in the next few months YHWH will remove the veil over your mind and open your eyes too,  to realize some of what you object to is good and sound teaching.  KEEP LISTENING !  YES ! And always seek YHWH for understanding ,  as only YHWH is able to grant this.

You've not heard him preach obviously. 

Otherwise, you'd be able to answer what he was not able to. Even when prior to his teaching of this falsity he charged his congregation in the church and watching, to confront their pastor or bishop if they declared something in God's word as there when it was not. 
"God created Hell to get even with man." 

Legalism is a veil over the minds of those not in Christ. I pray you open your eyes to realize that. Though there are men who uphold legalism because they think if God gives them power over women they can get away with telling women they are second class. And this not by that man's opinion but by God's decree. Which is false of course. We are all one in Christ. That puts legalism where it belongs. In the OT. 

• Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

16 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

What do legalistic people call you ? (quotes if you have any, please)

What do the Apostles in Scripture call you  ?  (quotes please)

Are 'legalistic' people right (1) sometimes (2) often (3) rarely (4) never  (5) always  ?

Are the Apostles in Scripture right  (1) sometimes (2) often (3) rarely (4) never (5) always ?

I will happily answer your questions to the best of my ability.

What do legalistic people call you ? (quotes if you have any, please)..........I personally do not know any legalistic people. So as far as I know I guess they don't call me anything. I could make a guess and say I think they would consider me to be lost in my sins or not a true follower of Christ. But as I said I do not know any legalistic. So I can not say for sure nor can I provide you with any quotes. 

What do the Apostles in Scripture call you  ?  (quotes please)........I did not live in the same  time that they lived so as far as I know they have not called me anything. I would guess though that I would be called "Blessed" due to the the verse in  John 20:29 says: Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."      I have not seen yet I do believe. There for I would think that I would be called "Blessed".

Are 'legalistic' people right (1) sometimes (2) often (3) rarely (4) never  (5) always  ?.........I think it would depend on the topic. Am I always right? Of course not.  Do I get somethings right?  I would hope so. Do I know all things all the time and anyone who disagrees with me is wrong and lost in their sins? Of course not.  My walk with Christ is always growing and I am always learning as Christ guides my steps. I hope we all feel this way.   

Are the Apostles in Scripture right  (1) sometimes (2) often (3) rarely (4) never (5) always ? ........Yes I do believe that they are right. Though I do think that some of the things Paul said  pertain to the time in which he said them. And that many of them have been taking out of that time and applied to our time, causing them to be misunderstood. 

Well anyway. I have tired to answer your questions to me as best as I can. Though I do not know why you question me as you did. But I do enjoy someone who gets my brain  and believes a good work out. So I thank you.  :)

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

Show where I ,  or Jesus, or God, (in Scripture),   or anyone said it is best to obey God instead of satan, please.  Thank you.

I'm confused. I don't think I understand your question.  :noidea:

35 minutes ago, Rut-Ro said:

There is an Apostle that broadcasts out of Philadelphia Pennsylvania and, The First Church of our Lord Jesus Christ, ministry. He's what I'd call a legalistic type pastor. He's also what I'd call, false. 

He teaches that women should have their heads covered in church. That idolatry includes stained glass windows, which is why the new former Catholic church and campus his ministry just acquired in an all cash sale, has had the gorgeous stained glass windows removed. And that women are forbidden to preach in church. That divorce is strictly forbidden. And that a woman is to be a servant unto the man.

There are a number of things he teaches that fall under the umbrella of legalism.  I tend to watch him to listen to his latest outlandish claim using God's word as the truth behind it.  

Yes. I would call that legalism too.