• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  110
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Yes,   but as with everyone , at first anyway,   your own thoughts and what you are talking about is contrary to Scripture as indicated by your own words in your own post about the broadcast.

What broadcast? The one you know nothing about. Nothing you state there is accurate, true, or credible. As a brother said of that other one, I shall take my leave of you. 
You know nothing about what you're talking about but it seems very important to you that you keep talking. 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

2 minutes ago, Rut-Ro said:

I am a Christian. Sin has no dominion over me and the penalty of death does not apply. Christians are under grace, not, as you appear to try to insist, under the Law. 

Christians can still sin,  and as you oppose Scripture,  that is the case as demonstrated by your posts.  Hopefully you are under grace,  and will not continue sinning, so as not to suffer penalties of any kind.  (sinning has consequences even for persons under grace,  just like running a red light has consequences when someone comes sideways and runs into you, even if you had diplomatic immunity from the law) .....  i.e. as long as you think it is okay to willingly disobey God,  there will be consequences.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

Rather presumption on your part to act as if I  was pointing out a certain person when it was a generalized 'you'. 

You're so vain,   I'll bet you thought the post was about you.... you're so vain ........ (as the song goes).

I have you on ignore,  so don't even see your posts unless someone alerts me ,

thus my post wasn't about you at all -  it's not worth it replying to your posts as far as I have seen..

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

29 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

In this forum overall (I've forgotten what first post prompted the question) ,  many posters seem to think and to say they don't have to obey God.  Thus,  unwittingly,  they obey the enemy of Christ.   Often their excuse is (I'll find a quote later if I can, but it was many weeks ago last I paid attention to it),  "IF YOU KEEP ONE COMMANDMENT, "  (1) you're lost or (2) you're condemned / because you can't keep them all.   Thus, contrary to all of God's Word,  yet strangely(?) in line with their other posts,   they think anyone who obeys God is condemned,  whether they say it outright or in a round-a-bout way.  

It is expected and seen in His Word,  TORAH, PROPHETS, PSALMS and NEW TESTAMENT, 

that to obey God is good and right and true to His Word,  thus in line with His Word, it is best to obey God.

(not to be saved, but as His children)

Those who do not obey God,  which is everyone to start with, even us who are saved or will be saved,  are sons of disobedience - subject to the prince of power of the air (the devil),   UNTIL redeemed.  The world's population is all subject to the devil, EVEN THOUGH they may think they have free will to choose, and possibly there are no exceptions found in Scripture,  but referring basically to EPHESIANS 2,  GALATIANS,  and REVELATION the whole world is deceived , subject to the enemy, AND REFUSES to repent of serving demons. (serving=worshiping)

I am not sure how any of my replies to this topic lead to all of that. I guess I must have said more then I thought I said. I have enjoy reading all of this and I do feel I have been educated. Other then that I don't really have anything else to say. 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, enoob57 said:

I think key to seeing it easily is when viewed as motivation of ... if for salvation then legalism / if for saying I love you back to God then so be it...

Very succinct, and perhaps the wisest statement I’ve ever seen in this thread or any other.If the legalists understood this maybe they wouldn’t get their panties in a knot when I advocate for Believers to be free men In Christ. “ whom the Son sets free , is free indeed”. Is this not a position everyone should strive for? A free man does what he wants.A free man IN CHRIST wants the same things for himself that God wants for him. I do what I want, my wants have been changed.Thanks to The Holy Spirit in me , I have been changed from an atheistic , drunken skirt-chaser  only thinking of himself  into a man whose only real desire is to love and please God and to be kind to others.I find myself right in- line with those two things that Jesus and Paul said summed up the entire Law of God.  I do not yet love God with ALl my heart,soul and mind—I do not love my neighbor to the point that I will turn the other cheek if he slaps me....nobody else does either.I have not reached those goals yet but i’m A whole lot closer than I was years ago.Not what I need to be, but certainly not where I used to be. As one who hates religion and detests legalism And perversion of the simple Gospel thAt saves  , I can guarantee that God working In me and through me all came from practicing faith—-that means me doing my part by believing and trusting God to do His part.And resting in that.That is what a free man in Christ does—— that’s what I want for others. The righteous shall LIVE by faith.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

I find some of your comments off . You would have to know the posters personally to say what you did. Saying they they are really living to please themself is something you could not know unless you interacted with them in person on a daily basis. Satan loves to accuse. He makes charges against others. 

I cannot believe you wrote this without falling off your seat and grovelling on the floor in sackcloth and ashes. Your post here epitomises precisely the attitude of yourself and several others with respect to those who uphold God's commandments, by judging those you personally do not know that they are obeying the commandments in order to be saved, doing Satan's work by accusing them of heresy and legalism. Claiming that such are motivated to please themselves (to gain eternal life) is something you could not know unless you interacted with them in person on a daily basis. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

49 minutes ago, brakelite said:

I cannot believe you wrote this without falling off your seat and grovelling on the floor in sackcloth and ashes. Your post here epitomises precisely the attitude of yourself and several others with respect to those who uphold God's commandments, by judging those you personally do not know that they are obeying the commandments in order to be saved, doing Satan's work by accusing them of heresy and legalism. Claiming that such are motivated to please themselves (to gain eternal life) is something you could not know unless you interacted with them in person on a daily basis. 

If you demand the seventh day Sabbath as a condition of salvation then you put yourself under the law. I uphold Gods commandments but not the law of Moses. And this is a protestant Christian forum not a SDA or world wide church of God or there off shoots board. You cannot come here and make it a different board. You should follow what James wrote in acts he said we gave you no command to keep the law of Moses . 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

OK. I have to point this out. Yeshua gave Moses the law. Yes. The Lord did that. Then when on earth, He showed and augmented the Ten Commandments for us. He showed us how He expected us to follow them.

Read about the Mercy Seat in the 'OT'. The Cherubs hovering over it, ready to pronounce judgement - then the blood is sprinkled - and the blood stops them. But the blood of heifers and goats only paid the 'interest' on the charges against us. When Yeshua's blood was shed, that ALSO paid the whole price for us. Principal and Interest.

It is awe inspiring to see that now, we have Yeshua's Righteousness and when Yahweh looks thru the blood at us, He sees the likeness of His Beloved Son. The Word. 
Yahweh's commandments are for us to show our love for Him and His Creation.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92

But we are not carnal! 

Rom 7:14.      For we all know that the law is spiritual: but I am CARNAL, sold under sin.

....You and I and everybody on this site have secret thoughts that would shame hell. Who do you guys think you are fooling? Not God.You need Just as much of God’s Grace the day you die as you did the day you were saved.Once again,obedience is great,doing ones best to keep the commandments is great,God will greatly reward these things in this life and the next,but the standard for Salvation is perfection and you nor I can reach it.If you think your old sinful nature is gone and you have now been empowered to live a life of constant  obedience you are still living in a Fools Paradise.Even if you could be the best law-keeper in the county, what about those darned “sins of omission” that James warned about?Have you been spending all your spare time visiting hospitals and helping the needy?I thought not.Guilty of carnality,just like me.I thank God for His Grace.....I don’t have to pretend to be something I am not.Some  have no idea how transparent they are to those  that will own up to their carnality.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37

53 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

OK. I have to point this out. Yeshua gave Moses the law. Yes. The Lord did that. Then when on earth, He showed and augmented the Ten Commandments for us. He showed us how He expected us to follow them.

Read about the Mercy Seat in the 'OT'. The Cherubs hovering over it, ready to pronounce judgement - then the blood is sprinkled - and the blood stops them. But the blood of heifers and goats only paid the 'interest' on the charges against us. When Yeshua's blood was shed, that ALSO paid the whole price for us. Principal and Interest.

It is awe inspiring to see that now, we have Yeshua's Righteousness and when Yahweh looks thru the blood at us, He sees the likeness of His Beloved Son. The Word. 
Yahweh's commandments are for us to show our love for Him and His Creation.

Isn't it more that we are to follow Jesus now rather than follow commandments.  If we follow Jesus then we will do what He says/said.   Following Jesus IS the new way of the Spirit through faith.  The Pharisees followed the commandments, every jot & tittle and then some, but still they did not please our Lord.

I think it's not that He augmented the commandments so much, but more that He revealed what they always meant.......since they were always perfect laws that reflected His holiness and righteousness perfectly when seen/understood through eyes of faith/spirit.  This is why David loved them so much, and this is why he pleased the Lord and was called a man after His own heart.  The commandments/Law had tutored/taught him and brought him to see and know God/Messiah/Saviour in it by faith.

It seems like there are two ways we can look at the Law/commandments, including Jesus' and the apostles' teachings.......either as a whip that drives us to have to make bricks when we have no straw of our own.....or as a lovely light of holiness that we are drawn to, and which lights the way for us so that we are enabled to walk therein by HIS light/straw......veering neither to the right nor the left, neither adding nor taking away from it.   Another way His words/commands/laws are our guide....so that we can discern and see when the deceiver tries to subtly move us off that plumbline into a ditch on either side of the true way.

I see the words of Jesus and Law being spoken/written and held over us like a banner of love and covering, as well as protection from lies/deceptions........as light in the darkness.  A banner of love and not a whip.  As you are saying Jesus is that banner and when the Father looks down from heaven He sees the banner/Jesus rather than we who are brought under it.......and we remain under it as we follow it, like the Israelites under the cloud/fire as they followed it.  :)  Oh, I love His word, how it speaks to us so wonderfully everywhere we look in it.

• Thumbs Up 2