creativemechanic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

I havent but reading fan synopsis and critiques I kinda puzzled The plot basically is- A former drug dealer (played by rapper Ja rule) but current night club owner living the thug life hooks up with a christian lady and gradually comes to know God. Anyone get my concern ?

220px-I'm_in_Love_with_a_Church_Girl.jpg

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  479
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

1 Corinthians 7:13-14

If any woman has a husband who is an unbeliever, and he consents to live with her, she should not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

Corinthians 7:16 How do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Or, how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

This passage is speaking of a marriage that had taken place before either spouse experienced salvation. It is NOT saying that it is ok for a believer to marry an unbeliever. Because that would be violating other scripture that tells us to not be unequally yoked.

2 Corinthians 6:14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness

What the 1 Corinthian 7:13, 14 passage means is, that if both spouses were originally unbelievers before marriage and one spouse converted AFTER getting married. NOT before the wedding ceremony. It is wishful thinking that we can convince a person after getting married that they will convert because of the marriage. We can not change a person's heart. Only God can. For every one person that does convert there are hundreds other that do not.

Marriage in itself has enough hardships without adding an unbelieving spouse to the mix. Because both will have different interests and values in all areas of the marriage. And both will be pulling in different directions.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

To me it sends a real bad message- that you can date an unbeliever into salvation, which is often disastrous

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

10 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

I havent but reading fan synopsis and critiques I kinda puzzled The plot basically is- A former drug dealer (played by rapper Ja rule) but current night club owner living the thug life hooks up with a christian lady and gradually comes to know God. Anyone get my concern ?

Is the name of the show "Im in love with a church girl"? I guess it's on a channel I don't get. I think you're also concerned because it's implying you can live a thug life, which is extremely sinful, but fear not because God will save you from your sinful life with a loving girl and it will be easy as pie for you. I'm not young but from what I've seen in my life this is a fool's idea. If you live as a thug you will probably die as a thug. Or, if you do come to know God will you struggle throughout life to stay away from sin. That's the reality of living sinfully. Even if you come to realize it's wrong it won't be easy to stop. Even if you aren't a thug. There are a small percentage of thugs who find God while in jail. But it's so rare that when it happens either a book is written, a movie is made or a TV show. Ever hear of a movie called I was raised to be righteous and now at 75 I'm still in Church. I never did. That's the way it usually goes so who would make such a movie? No one.

I agree that show is sending out a dangerous message.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

The problem with films is that they most often do not actually portray the truth. Let me put it this way all movies (whether based on truth or not) are not truly truthful. Movies have happy endings for the most part because people want to see happy endings. So as a result scripture (especially in so-called Christian films) is twisted or ignored to make a movie. Sure who doesn't want to see a non-saved person saved before marriage however most times in reality this isn't the case. Sadly I am finding some of my fellow Christians wrapped up in Christian films and getting their understanding of living a Christian life from them.

I have always made sure that I don't get roped into the teachings that a movie may give. A movie is a movie and it is entertainment and for entertainment only. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

2 minutes ago, JTC said:

Is the name of the show "Im in love with a church girl"? I guess it's on a channel I don't get. I think you're also concerned because it's implying you can live a thug life, which is extremely sinful, but fear not because God will save you from your sinful life with a loving girl and it will be easy as pie for you. I'm not young but from what I've seen in my life this is a fool's idea. If you live as a thug you will probably die as a thug. Or, if you do come to know God will you struggle throughout life to stay away from sin. That's the reality of living sinfully. Even if you come to realize it's wrong it won't be easy to stop. Even if you aren't a thug. There are a small percentage of thugs who find God while in jail. But it's so rare that when it happens either a book is written, a movie is made or a TV show. Ever hear of a movie called I was raised to be righteous and now at 75 I'm still in Church. I never did. That's the way it usually goes so who would make such a movie? No one.

I agree that show is sending out a dangerous message.

Dangerous teachings are presented and then accepted because the movie gives the viewer a feel good moment which in turns causes the viewer (unless they are discerning) to thing that the fictitious story can be a reality. Then when their dream world doesn't become a reality they are disappointed and tend to become frustrated with God because their reality didn't turn out as the movie suggested. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

1 minute ago, Jaydog1976 said:

Dangerous teachings are presented and then accepted because the movie gives the viewer a feel good moment which in turns causes the viewer (unless they are discerning) to thing that the fictitious story can be a reality. Then when their dream world doesn't become a reality they are disappointed and tend to become frustrated with God because their reality didn't turn out as the movie suggested. 

Oh, so it's a movie. Thank you. I agree with what you said. It's presenting a basically false promise. That makes sense since Satan runs Hollywood.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

10 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

I loved this movie,well worth of your time to watch it :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.80
  • Days Won:  21

I've tried the evangelistic dating before, doesn't end well for the believer usually. Movies like this could sway some believer's who aren't strong in their walk to view dating someone who does not know the Lord as an "okay" thing to do ... not good. 

• Thumbs Up 1