• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, angels4u said:

I loved this movie,well worth of your time to watch it :)

I'm not saying it's not enjoyable, but the danger lies in letting liking it make you think that what happens is right when it contradicts God word. a similar problem was seen with The Shack

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

16 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

I'm not saying it's not enjoyable, but the danger lies in letting liking it make you think that what happens is right when it contradicts God word. a similar problem was seen with The Shack

The girl won him over for the Lord,did you watch  it?

The Shack is misleading and false teaching! 

• This is Worthy 1

30 minutes ago, Davida said:

I never saw it yet,  so I cannot give a fair or informed comment.  I totally understand people's voiced concerns if the expectation is that this type of union *always*  ends happily in salvation.

Davida you can watch it on youtube :) I think you like watching it..

6 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

To me it sends a real bad message- that you can date an unbeliever into salvation, which is often disastrous

The key is when you watch this movie to look at the outcome, I agree it's not good to date an unbeliever :(

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

2 minutes ago, angels4u said:

The girl won him over for the Lord,did you watch  it?

So I have to ask is she dating him while he is a non-christian and is this acceptable in God sight? Now there is a difference between being a friend/acquaintance versus dating. I know God says we are not to be unequally yoked 2 Corinthians 6:14 "Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?" Just curious does this verse apply to this situation (regardless of whether he became a Christian later on) or not? 

Second how often, in real life, does a person dating a non-christian lead the non-christian to the Lord? I would be curious as to what the statistics are in regards to this. While the ending is a good ending is this a good indication of reality? 

2 minutes ago, angels4u said:

The Shack is misleading and false teaching! 

Yes. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

4 minutes ago, angels4u said:

The key is when you watch this movie to look at the outcome, I agree it's not good to date an unbeliever :(

But does the end justify the means? And yes God can use every circumstance for His glory but do we use that as an excuse to do wrong to try and make a right? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Actually, mainstream Hollywood hated the film.  It only got a 6% on Rotten Tomatoes - a highly popular film review site.  That's pretty bad.

I think one would actually have to see the film before giving it a blanket dismissal or condemning it.

The guy who wrote the screenplay went through a similar life to the male lead.  I just don't think I can, without seeing it, claim it to be a false teaching or to lead people into unBiblical lifestyles.  I may or may not enjoy it, but to condemn it before hand isn't easy.  There ARE a lot of movies that I CAN condemn beforehand.  I would have to see this one first.

Here's a review.  http://theindependentcritic.com/i_m_in_love_with_a_church_girl

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

2 hours ago, Jaydog1976 said:

So I have to ask is she dating him while he is a non-christian and is this acceptable in God sight? Now there is a difference between being a friend/acquaintance versus dating. I know God says we are not to be unequally yoked 2 Corinthians 6:14 "Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?" Just curious does this verse apply to this situation (regardless of whether he became a Christian later on) or not? 

Second how often, in real life, does a person dating a non-christian lead the non-christian to the Lord? I would be curious as to what the statistics are in regards to this. While the ending is a good ending is this a good indication of reality? 

Yes. 

Growing up in a church  I can tell you,was see the latter repeat itself. Christian young lady gets unsaved boyfriend, she's be warned by the older woman. ignore them.  end up pregnant ,drop out of church, break up with the child father  and rarely if ever return to serving God. 

I know its an easy trap  to fall into as I have been tempted to date unsaved women so i think  it's wrong to give this image of it working out. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

18 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

I havent but reading fan synopsis and critiques I kinda puzzled The plot basically is- A former drug dealer (played by rapper Ja rule) but current night club owner living the thug life hooks up with a christian lady and gradually comes to know God. Anyone get my concern ?

220px-I'm_in_Love_with_a_Church_Girl.jpg

Have you watched the movie? 

And no, I don't get your concern. Could you please elaborate?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

20 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

I havent but reading fan synopsis and critiques I kinda puzzled The plot basically is- A former drug dealer (played by rapper Ja rule) but current night club owner living the thug life hooks up with a christian lady and gradually comes to know God. Anyone get my concern ?

220px-I'm_in_Love_with_a_Church_Girl.jpg

A movie? I do not watch the movies of today.

• Thumbs Up 1