• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hello brothers and sisters

You know, this reminds me of the movie "Ghost" in a way.  The character played by Patrick Swayze was made out to be a "good" person, as opposed to his "friend" who turned out to be the bad person.  Yet Swayze's character was living with the character played by Demi Moore.  Most people absolutely loved this movie.  But it gives the impression that being "a good person" can get you into heaven, as at the end, the character played by Swayze walks off "into the light" and it was made to appear he was going to end up in heaven.

I believe film-makers have often "borrowed" stories from the Bible and dramatised them, making it look like you don't need salvation to go to heaven.  I have really appreciated some Christian movies, made by Christians, like "The War Room" that tell it like it is.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

21 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

I havent but reading fan synopsis and critiques I kinda puzzled The plot basically is- A former drug dealer (played by rapper Ja rule) but current night club owner living the thug life hooks up with a christian lady and gradually comes to know God. Anyone get my concern ?

220px-I'm_in_Love_with_a_Church_Girl.jpg

Stephen Baldwin is Christian, I don't know about any of the other actors and actresses. But, I don't see anything wrong with using that kind of story to appeal to secular audiences. They want to be entertained not preached to. It could also be in response to the secular movie of Noah's flood... who knows?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

8 minutes ago, Joulre2abba said:

Stephen Baldwin is Christian, I don't know about any of the other actors and actresses. But, I don't see anything wrong with using that kind of story to appeal to secular audiences. They want to be entertained not preached to. It could also be in response to the secular movie of Noah's flood... who knows?

Yes, Steve Baldwin is a Christian unlike his actor brother who is Alec Baldwin. He will not do any secular acting which leaves his opportunities now very slim.

20 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Yes, Steve Baldwin is a Christian unlike his actor brother who is Alec Baldwin. He will not do any secular acting which leaves his opportunities now very slim.

I think that Stephen is doing very well holding up against his brothers. As to your second sentence: How bout "Where there ain't no interest, create one." The movie is a seed planted that will produce the fruit of more movies for Stephen to do.

1 minute ago, Joulre2abba said:

I think that Stephen is doing very well holding up against his brothers. As to your second sentence: How bout "Where there ain't no interest, create one." The movie is a seed planted that will produce the fruit of more movies for Stephen to do.

I am thinking that you took offense to my post. It was in not way negative. I think that Stephen Baldwin becoming a Christian is great. This was out in the news years ago. He gave up his mansion and bought a very conservative home. He gave up his very expensive cars and bought cheaper vehicles.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, SisterActs2 said:

Hello brothers and sisters

You know, this reminds me of the movie "Ghost" in a way.  The character played by Patrick Swayze was made out to be a "good" person, as opposed to his "friend" who turned out to be the bad person.  Yet Swayze's character was living with the character played by Demi Moore.  Most people absolutely loved this movie.  But it gives the impression that being "a good person" can get you into heaven, as at the end, the character played by Swayze walks off "into the light" and it was made to appear he was going to end up in heaven.

I believe film-makers have often "borrowed" stories from the Bible and dramatised them, making it look like you don't need salvation to go to heaven.  I have really appreciated some Christian movies, made by Christians, like "The War Room" that tell it like it is.

Expect  only more increase of this .   New age and an agenda has hijacked many now .\

SIS they want that ONE RELIGOIN and by all means the motto is everyones way is fine and all end up in heaven mindset.

THIS has hijacked churches , books, christain movies.    They will have their all inclusive relgion , even if many true lambs get killed in time by it and its head .

We just in the last final days sister.     I nearly cried when I actually watched that new movie noah.    ITS all about a love that leads none to JESUS

and its all about A GOD that in no way resembles THE GOD .    Its sad sis,  but many love these new age movies and new age books like the shack and so on.

But by grace we flee dung and love only truth.    ONWARD in the LORD SISTER , ONWARD in the LORD.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I am thinking that you took offense to my post. It was in not way negative. I think that Stephen Baldwin becoming a Christian is great. This was out in the news years ago. He gave up his mansion and bought a very conservative home. He gave up his very expensive cars and bought cheaper vehicles.

I apologize that I sounded offended. I only meant to convey my support for the Christians of Hollywood. Not that I'm implying that you're not. I struggle with finding the right words, sorry. But, hearing that anyone in the Hollywood business has gotten saved is such a thrilling thing to me. It's good to hear that he follows his Christian convictions. :)

19 minutes ago, Joulre2abba said:

I apologize that I sounded offended. I only meant to convey my support for the Christians of Hollywood. Not that I'm implying that you're not. I struggle with finding the right words, sorry. But, hearing that anyone in the Hollywood business has gotten saved is such a thrilling thing to me. It's good to hear that he follows his Christian convictions. :)

You just sounded on the defense. You are forgiven :) I have my upmost respect for the Christians of Hollywood. Hollywood is such a cesspool. Do you know how many genuine Christians are in Hollywood?

2 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

You just sounded on the defense. You are forgiven :) I have my upmost respect for the Christians of Hollywood. Hollywood is such a cesspool. Do you know how many genuine Christians are in Hollywood?

I've heard about actors here or there who've made a profession of their faith from time to time but no I couldn't even give an estimated number. :)

2 hours ago, Joulre2abba said:

I've heard about actors here or there who've made a profession of their faith from time to time but no I couldn't even give an estimated number. :)

I do not know if all of these are what we would call a born again Christian.

https://www.ranker.com/list/celebrities-who-are-born-again-christians/celebrity-lists