• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Unfortunately these are on Broadcast and cable channels. I watched the 2nd episode of Lucifer and seeing how evil it was, never again. But all I've seen of Supernatural is 5 or 10 min of 1 episode. Does anyone know exactly what that series is about? It's in it's 12th season so it must be very popular. What upsets me is my last living relative loves this show. She's no longer a Christian but she was taught Jesus is God as a child, just like I was. In the 10 min I watched it showed Lucifer and he was being tortured by 1 of the Holy angels, Gabriel perhaps, who isn't Holy in this show. And then Lucifer escaped by moving through time, but I think he lost his angelic powers. Then I took it off. If you don't watch these shows please do not. But if you do what's the general plot in supernatural? Most evil shows and movies are subtle as in Dating a Church girl. But Lucifer is bold and blatant, it spreads the devil's latest lie that he's a good guy and God is a big old meanie. I fear supernatural is spreading the same lie.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

I am not really sure about either show but I know that Satan is glorified in Lucifer (based upon what I have seen) and not a show that any Christian should watch. As far as supernatural I am not really sure. Never watched the show nor do I have a real desire to. The Holy Spirit is working on me with watching shows and movies in general. My focus is being shifted to look at those things as frivolous and really meaningless in my life. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Jaydog, I'm glad you don't watch these shows. There's a possibility since 2018 rolled in that Lucifer was taken off the air, I hope so. But Supernatural is still on. The woman who loves this show was as a sister to me when we were younger. She's the only reason I watched 10 min of it. I am well aware that Satan's latest lie is that he should be addressed as Lucifer because that's his rightful name. Further, he's a good guy who didn't do anything really wrong but that mean old God won't forgive him and it's not fair. I've even seen this presented as truth on another Christian message board. Notice I said latest lie. Back in the 1950's and up until recently Satan's new lie was that he doesn't even exist so we need not defend ourselves against him. He added to that, God doesn't exist neither so why are you obeying a creature who isn't real. All he does is take your fun away. Most of my generation bought into this and many of you were raised by adults who believed it. Those were all lies. In the new lie Lucifer admits he's real, but the angels are mean and they follow a God who is the embodiment of meanness. I fear a whole new generation is buying into this. Somebody has to call this a lie and that's what I'm doing.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

9 hours ago, JTC said:

Jaydog, I'm glad you don't watch these shows. There's a possibility since 2018 rolled in that Lucifer was taken off the air, I hope so. But Supernatural is still on. The woman who loves this show was as a sister to me when we were younger. She's the only reason I watched 10 min of it. I am well aware that Satan's latest lie is that he should be addressed as Lucifer because that's his rightful name. Further, he's a good guy who didn't do anything really wrong but that mean old God won't forgive him and it's not fair. I've even seen this presented as truth on another Christian message board. Notice I said latest lie. Back in the 1950's and up until recently Satan's new lie was that he doesn't even exist so we need not defend ourselves against him. He added to that, God doesn't exist neither so why are you obeying a creature who isn't real. All he does is take your fun away. Most of my generation bought into this and many of you were raised by adults who believed it. Those were all lies. In the new lie Lucifer admits he's real, but the angels are mean and they follow a God who is the embodiment of meanness. I fear a whole new generation is buying into this. Somebody has to call this a lie and that's what I'm doing.

CALL IT FOR WHAT IT IS A LIE.    and warn anyone who claims to be christain this show is not to be watched .  

Times shall only worsen.    the world is filling full now of transgressions and they no longer hide them, THEY CELEBRATE THEM.

Well, the end had to eventualllly come.    My advice be watching ,  for the day of the LORD will come upon many as a theif.

We know men are liars, but every word of GOD is true.     AND JESUS DID SAY....................He would come again and HE told us the signs of the times.

HE cant lie .    This generation will see the wrath of GOD.    And so soon comes the head of all evil and the world will be gathered n the largest ecumenical all inclusive

gathering for world peace and it will lead them to the Dark king WHO BY PEACE shall destroy many.  

We are told when the dark king anti Christ rises.      In the latter times of their kingdoms WHEN and lets repeat that word   WHEN

the transgressors have come to the FULL then stands THIS KING , WHO BY PEACE , YES PEACE destroys many.

It aint no coinincidence  that while the transgressors are fast filling world wide

SO is the all inclusive unity for world   PEACE.................................IT RISES and SOON. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

I happened on an episode of Lucifer and watched it because the main character, Lucifer, is played by Tom Ellis. I've enjoyed his work on small screen. 

It's benign. Lucifer is made out to be this misunderstood character. The scripts are written for children. It's not at all captivating entertainment. 

However, there is a great deal of dark occult series on TV now. Don't forget The Exorcist. It's a series now. I think there's likely more dark occult entertainment programming now than there is positive. 

One more reason to avoid TV whenever possible. 

• Thumbs Up 1

If you consider such shows as fantasy they may no be horrible. But suppose you consider them as realistic, that's the danger. Are you old enough to remember "One Step Beyond"? I never liked that show but the woman I'm worried about did. She and 1 of her brothers always thought TV was For Real. Not if you asked them, point blank, then they'd say no. But the brother 1st became a commercial diver because he thought the work would be like "Sea Hunt". He was sorely disappointed. Then he joined the Army to learn to fly Helicopters. He expected to get work like in "The Whirlybirds". He was a very good pilot so the army trained him to fly attack copters. He realized he was going to end up in combat some where. Hardly the Whirlybirds. So he resigned his commission. Maybe my family is crazy but they were the closest I had to siblings. If it was up to me Lucifer, Supernatural and the Exorcist wouldn't be on TV. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

I've never watched that show either. I use to watch the "Walking Dead" because I got a kick out of all those zombies. Not anymore, since I rededicated my life to the Lord. I'm much more cautious and guarded of what penetrates my eye and ear gates. Garbage in - garbage out... (GARBO)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

15 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I've never watched that show either. I use to watch the "Walking Dead" because I got a kick out of all those zombies. Not anymore, since I rededicated my life to the Lord. I'm much more cautious and guarded of what penetrates my eye and ear gates. Garbage in - garbage out... (GARBO)

That is a wise philosophy. Most of what I watch are shows that make me laugh.

15 hours ago, Butero said:

I have seen "One Step Beyond."  They claim it is based on true events, but I find many of the shows far fetched.  "Twilight Zone" was a much better program, the original series.  I have also seen "Sea Hunt," but I never cared for it.  I enjoy science-fiction, so I like "Supernatural."  I also enjoy "The X Files" and "Fringe."  Of course, I don't believe in extra terrestrials or any of that nonsense anymore than I believe in Santa Claus.  It is just a work of fiction.  

If you see such shows as a work of fiction that's okay. But many people today don't. We've known for a long time many people behave as if TV is an accurate reflection of reality.    As a kid Thor was 1 of my favorite comic book characters. But later as a Christian I couldn't read his adventures any more. It took at least 10 yrs to separate reality and fiction in my mind. There is 1 character I just won't watch even with this attitude and that's Dr. Strange. Sure, I know he's supposed to use the mystic arts for good and if he was real perhaps he could. But he'd still be using dark magic. Devils often do us favors to pull us away from God. There's some scary ideas in Jeremiah around ch 47. The people are, once again, making sacrifices to the queen of heaven. This devil has many names and has been around a long time. Jeremiah wants them to stop and some do, but they soon notice their good luck has changed. They complain to Jeremiah that things went better for them when they made burnt offerings to this devil. I think things are the same today. If you engage in psychic practices you may see results. The Holy Spirit gives some people the Word of Knowledge as He uses it as He sees fit. The devils imitate this gift and the tip off is they let the person control it. To some folks that's what matters, they want to control these powers. But after awhile even if they were raised with a knowledge of God He no longer matters to them. I've seen this happen and it makes me sad.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

You would do well to avoid those 'appearances of evil'. Throw out the TV and cut the cable.

Want some reality??  See L.A. Marzulli's videos on YouTube. Far better and factual. And Christian!!!!!!!

Those who do not believe that ET exists better go and see an eye doctor soon. You will be seeing them presently. However, they are not what they pretend to be. So beware. All is not as it seems to be. Never is.

Oh, and do not forget this: Yahweh planned it all from before the beginning. This means He is still in charge.

Get the three baptisms:

1) for your sins (repentance, forgiveness etc. into the body)
2) in Holy Spirit, (for His Power to benefit the body)
3) by Fire - (cremating your soul's pollution)

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1