HisFirst

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  7

Being a pastor's kid, I grew up in church. I can remember Sunday when we would have a morning and evening service. My mom was such a kind lady, she would sit back a couple rows with my brother and I, and give us paper that we could use to draw to keep ourselves busy. I remember many nights falling asleep with my head in her lap. I found church very relaxing :) 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Oh yeah.....have you ever noticed how churches led by women generally dont do so well? 

The bible is very clear that women can help their husbands or teach women and children but otherwise are forbidden to preach or usurp authority over men. In other words, as Christ, a male is the head of the church, symbolically that is represented by men being the heads of congregations

Oh dear I seen an oh vey.     But its by the same one who never answered my other question.   the one about the all inclusive rome led lie .   

To each and all may this next bit sink in deep.   IF we begin to stray from the early church true pattern,   it wont be long before we just strayed so far

from the truth and are open to any lie .    So my advice still stands .  Read them bibles, follow CHRIST and keep HIS sayings and that pattern THROUGH all ages.  

Stray not a bit from it.   For though the seasons change, and the world and concepts change and what one generation sees as no longer relevant and so on .

BUT DOES GOD CHANGE  just because another spirit says so.  NOPE .    Ps any spirit or even angel , man or whatever comes

and  says any part of WHAT JESUS or the apsotels taught is no longer relevant ,  ITS LIES and HEED IT NOT .  JESUS CHRIST the same Yesterday , today  ,forever

THUS HIS SAYINGS and HIS PATTERN is and should have remained the only thing by which we fed amen.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

18 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

I remember my red headed Sunday School teacher, probably about 1960 or so. She worked at my second favorite place to visit, SS Kresge's in Wellston, MO. Next door was an Western Auto where I would walk to after collecting soda bottles, cashing them in and walking 2 miles to buy me a box of 25 cent, .22 long rifles. That's right, buying ammunition at eight years old for my .22 LR. I remember her leading me to the Lord. Most on here are probably too young to remember 'back in the day'. 

img001.jpg

Are you the dude on top with no shirt on? :D

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,458
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

My parents didn't take me to Sunday School or church. Most weekends I'd stay at my grandpa and grandmother house. They never owned a car in their life, so we walked everywhere or took the street car if it was a long way. Anyway, I remember they had the Pastor and his wife over now and then for dinner after church. I remember it was incumbent upon me to be on my best behavior. Maybe I'm out of the main stream, but I don't hear much about Pastor's being invited to congregation members homes for lunch after services much anymore?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,458
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Are you the dude on top with no shirt on? :D

No :D  But I need to get out a magnifying glass and see if I can pick myself out of the crowd. So many years the paper and print is starting to fade. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  7

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

It's funny, many of  us pooh pooh the 'traditional' church setting, but when it comes to children's Sunday School, the 'contemporary' Sunday Schools have pretty much the same pablum. lol

I think it is worth giving some thought to why and how things were done and the impact it had before we just discard an idea. :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

I'll remember that HF the next time I eat carrots. LOL

Lol! (I knew carrots were good for something!!!!)

But all the while, you were surrounded by God's Word in His "house", and they gently settled on your fertile 4 year old heart germinating and taking root, waiting, waiting for the right circumstance :b:

• Loved it! 1

5 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

I dont know if its done much today but it used to be traditional in navy families to have their babies baptised in the ship's chapel in an upturned ship's bell.

That is so cool!:thumbs_up:

Just now, Yowm said:

LOL, I heard n-o-t-h-i-n-g of God's Word in that SS, only a boy and his prayer for carrots.

Were you not in the Church with adults prior to the children's Sunday School?

In most Churches in Australia, you start off all together, then seperate after a time. So beforehand, you are hearing (not consciously or with understanding) what is being said to the adults - so its still God's Words falling on fresh soil.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Yowm said:

At 4, I only remember a pictured flannel board. I'm not sure if my mom and I hung out for the Service or went b4 hand.

And remember, toddlers memories aren't always accurate.

I work with primary aged children and some of the stories I hear!!

My own son once told me about the time when he was  little and we lived in a cave!! It was in fact a caravan on an acre of land lol!! 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2
  • Loved it! 1