• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,539
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 3/19/2018 at 12:26 AM, Quasar93 said:

It's past time for you to wake up to the facts there are countless others who know and understand, we live on a very old earth, BESIDE me.  The links I provided in my previous post is the tip of the iceberg, there is much more from where those came from. 

Quasar93 

Shalom, Quasar93.

And, they're all WRONG!

Sorry, but this is NOT a democratic vote! I really don't care how many "countless others" there are who suggest a very old earth. You said it before:

"This matter is of importance not only to evolutionists, but to theistic evolutionists, creationists, and other 'old-Earth creationists.' While a young Earth presents no problem whatsoever for a creationist, it is the death knell to each and every variety of the evolutionary scenario."

"First, theistic evolution and progressive creation are impossible if the Earth is young."

Well, I hate to break it to you, but the Bible claims "the Earth is young." These are POSITIVE statements not negative! (Actually, I don't "hate" it at all; I RELISH the truth!)

Ironically, you quoted Proverbs 8 which is about the origin of WISDOM. God "created" Wisdom before He did anything else in Creation. However, again, there are a few verses that are NOT about the original Creation but the re-making of the environment after the Flood!

All the links to different makings and creations within this chapter of Proverbs are about the comparison between that making or creation and that of Wisdom. They are NOT compared to each other!

Proverbs 8:25-31 (KJV)

25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:
26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.
27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:
28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:
29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:
30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;
31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

The highlighted portions are references to the RE-MAKING of the earth and skies AFTER the Flood, probably borrowed from Psalm 104, which may have been one of David's songs!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  651
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

2 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Quasar93.

And, they're all WRONG!

Sorry, but this is NOT a democratic vote! I really don't care how many "countless others" there are who suggest a very old earth. You said it before:

"This matter is of importance not only to evolutionists, but to theistic evolutionists, creationists, and other 'old-Earth creationists.' While a young Earth presents no problem whatsoever for a creationist, it is the death knell to each and every variety of the evolutionary scenario."

"First, theistic evolution and progressive creation are impossible if the Earth is young."

Well, I hate to break it to you, but the Bible claims "the Earth is young." These are POSITIVE statements not negative! (Actually, I don't "hate" it at all; I RELISH the truth!)

Ironically, you quoted Proverbs 8 which is about the origin of WISDOM. God "created" Wisdom before He did anything else in Creation. However, again, there are a few verses that are NOT about the original Creation but the re-making of the environment after the Flood!

All the links to different makings and creations within this chapter of Proverbs are about the comparison between that making or creation and that of Wisdom. They are NOT compared to each other!

Proverbs 8:25-31 (KJV)

25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:
26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.
27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:
28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:
29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:
30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;
31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

The highlighted portions are references to the RE-MAKING of the earth and skies AFTER the Flood, probably borrowed from Psalm 104, which may have been one of David's songs!

The following is my rebuttal to your above extensive contribution. It covers far more than a response to your post, but much too lengthy to post here.  It is a long read, in proof of an old earth age so be forewarned.  Regardless of whether a young or old earth age, God created it through the pre-incarnate Jesus Christ, as recorded in Heb.1:1-2. 

Evidence against a young earth age

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Evidence_against_a_recent_creation

God Bless.

Quasar93

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85

I have seen trees and leaves in 25 foot high coal seams which were uncovered by me and my co-workers under 200+ feet of SOLID ROCK so hard D11 dozers could not even scratch the surface and which had to be drilled and blasted and removed by draglines. This coal, including the trees which had not decomposed totally into coal definitely never formed and was laid down under this great cover of solid rock in the last 6 t0 7 or 8 thousand years. These seams were formed when God destroyed the Earth after Satan's rebellion, only God knows how long ago.

In 1944, as a ten year old boy, Newton Anderson dropped a lump of coal in his basement and found that it contained this bell inside. The bituminous coal that was mined near his house in Upshur County West Virginia is supposed to be about 300 million years old! What is a brass bell with an iron clapper doing in coal ascribed to the Carboniferous Period? According to Norm Sharbaugh’s book Ammunition (which includes several "coal anecdotes") the bell is an antediluvian artifact (made before the Genesis Flood). The Institute for Creation Research had the bell submitted to the lab at the University of Oklahoma. There a nuclear activation analysis revealed that the bell contains an unusual mix of metals, different from any known modern alloy production (including copper, zinc, tin, arsenic, iodine, and selenium). Genesis 4:22 states that Tubal-Cain was "an instructor of every artificer in brass and iron..." Perhaps when his civilization came to an end in the flood, this bell was buried with a mass of vegetation that became coal and ended up thousands of years later in Newt Anderson’s coal bin. The bell was prominently featured in the 1992 CBS docudrama production called Ancient Secrets of the Bible and is now part of the Genesis Park collection. For more detailed pictures of the bell and the demon-like figure on top.  A handful of other such accounts have been recorded, including the intricate gold chain found in coal (Sanderson, Ivan T., Uninvited Visitors, 1967, pp. 195-196.) and the cast iron pot found in a coal seam at the Municipal Electric Plant in Thomas, OK (now archived at Creation Evidence Museum). 

Look at he bell and the demon-like figure on top.

Z109. .jpg

Z 110..jpg

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

On 3/21/2018 at 10:08 PM, HAZARD said:

I have seen trees and leaves in 25 foot high coal seams which were uncovered by me and my co-workers under 200+ feet of SOLID ROCK so hard D11 dozers could not even scratch the surface and which had to be drilled and blasted and removed by draglines. This coal, including the trees which had not decomposed totally into coal definitely never formed and was laid down under this great cover of solid rock in the last 6 t0 7 or 8 thousand years. These seams were formed when God destroyed the Earth after Satan's rebellion, only God knows how long ago.

In 1944, as a ten year old boy, Newton Anderson dropped a lump of coal in his basement and found that it contained this bell inside. The bituminous coal that was mined near his house in Upshur County West Virginia is supposed to be about 300 million years old! What is a brass bell with an iron clapper doing in coal ascribed to the Carboniferous Period? According to Norm Sharbaugh’s book Ammunition (which includes several "coal anecdotes") the bell is an antediluvian artifact (made before the Genesis Flood). The Institute for Creation Research had the bell submitted to the lab at the University of Oklahoma. There a nuclear activation analysis revealed that the bell contains an unusual mix of metals, different from any known modern alloy production (including copper, zinc, tin, arsenic, iodine, and selenium). Genesis 4:22 states that Tubal-Cain was "an instructor of every artificer in brass and iron..." Perhaps when his civilization came to an end in the flood, this bell was buried with a mass of vegetation that became coal and ended up thousands of years later in Newt Anderson’s coal bin. The bell was prominently featured in the 1992 CBS docudrama production called Ancient Secrets of the Bible and is now part of the Genesis Park collection. For more detailed pictures of the bell and the demon-like figure on top.  A handful of other such accounts have been recorded, including the intricate gold chain found in coal (Sanderson, Ivan T., Uninvited Visitors, 1967, pp. 195-196.) and the cast iron pot found in a coal seam at the Municipal Electric Plant in Thomas, OK (now archived at Creation Evidence Museum). 

Look at he bell and the demon-like figure on top.

Z109. .jpg

Z 110..jpg

Shalom, HAZARD.

You're making some leaps in your conclusions that you don't need to make because you do not yet know the magnitude of a GLOBAL Flood nor the conditions that existed on earth during that interval. One cannot have a GLOBAL Flood in Noach's day without a MASSIVE change in both the terrain of the ENTIRE earth and the severe weather conditions during the years to follow. One cannot have significant changes in water volume and surface area without significant changes in temperature! The jet stream changes ALONE would produce significant weather effects! Evidences that we have found to these extremes in temperature are as follows: Antarctica used to support such flora as palm trees, that were changed to coal and frozen in the ice. The Siberian tundra was home to the mammoths who were knocked to the ground and flash frozen with fresh buttercups still in their mouths. The equatorial countries of Africa, India, and South America are sources of the biggest diamonds that can be found; diamonds are produced by incredible amounts of heat and pressure from carboniferous sources.

Secondly, a "demon-like figure?" I guess one sees what one expects to see. To me, it was either a dancer with an outfit that had flaring "wings" off the shoulders, or it was a man sitting in a strangely shaped chair. In either case, it is plain to me that the person has his/her hands folded as if in prayer. Now, I'm not saying that he/she is praying, just that his/her hands are so folded.

Thirdly, "These seams were formed when God destroyed the Earth after Satan's rebellion, only God knows how long ago?" Why even go there? There's sufficient upheaval and catastrophic changes in the years that followed the Great Flood of Noach's day to account for the discovery.

When someone goes LOOKING for a particular answer, he will ALWAYS find it "right where he thought it was!"

12 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

Thirdly, "These seams were formed when God destroyed the Earth after Satan's rebellion, only God knows how long ago?" Why even go there? There's sufficient upheaval and catastrophic changes in the years that followed the Great Flood of Noach's day to account for the discovery.

When someone goes LOOKING for a particular answer, he will ALWAYS find it "right where he thought it was!"

As you always find your answers right where you thought they were.

Show me just one catastrophic change or event that followed Noah's flood that would account for 25 foot thick seams of coal layer upon layer, buried under 200 feet of solid rock with petrified trees and leaves, and even man made items within the seams. You have been hoodwinked by our adversary or you simply just don't believe what you read in the Word of God which clearly teaches there was two great floods. 

On 3/21/2018 at 10:19 AM, Quasar93 said:

The following is my rebuttal to your above extensive contribution. It covers far more than a response to your post, but much too lengthy to post here.  It is a long read, in proof of an old earth age so be forewarned.  Regardless of whether a young or old earth age, God created it through the pre-incarnate Jesus Christ, as recorded in Heb.1:1-2. 

Evidence against a young earth age

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Evidence_against_a_recent_creation

God Bless.

Quasar93

Shalom, Quasar93, and may God bless you in SPITE of the poor teaching you've received.

Don't you find it rather odd and disingenuous for "scientific researchers" to come up with dating methods that test in the millions of years when there's no evidence that such millions of years ever existed?

As I said to HAZARD just now, "When someone goes LOOKING for a particular answer, he will ALWAYS find it 'right where he thought it was!'"

If one is already convinced that the earth has to be millions and billions of years old, he going to find the "evidence" "just as he knew he would!" I've SEEN stalactites growing from old air conditioner window units three and four inches long, like rockhard icicles! Obviously, they couldn't have been older than the AC units themselves, and certainly not older than air conditioning units have been invented! Yet, we are told in almost every cave tour I've taken, "Limestone stalactites form extremely slowly – usually less than 10cm every thousand years." How can they possibly know that if they've not been around for at least a thousand years? Let's see: 10 cm x 1 in / 2.54 cm = 10/2.54 in = 3.937 in. So tell me, how can those stalactites, dripping off limestone rocks above onto the AC window unit and dripping off the bottom of the machine's casing forming these 3-4 in "icicles" possibly be a THOUSAND YEARS OLD?! Obviously not, right? So, there must be some "extenuating circumstances" that change the expected outcome! (Oh, and btw, these stalactites also had button stalagmites growing below them about a third of the stalactite's length.)

Evolutionism is as much a matter of FAITH as is Creationism.

Edited by Retrobyter

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  651
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

44 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Quasar93, and may God bless you in SPITE of the poor teaching you've received.

Don't you find it rather odd and disingenuous for "scientific researchers" to come up with dating methods that test in the millions of years when there's no evidence that such millions of years ever existed?

As I said to HAZARD just now, "When someone goes LOOKING for a particular answer, he will ALWAYS find it 'right where he thought it was!'"

If one is already convinced that the earth has to be millions and billions of years old, he going to find the "evidence" "just as he knew he would!" I've SEEN stalactites growing from old air conditioner window units three and four inches long, like rockhard icicles! Obviously, they couldn't have been older than the AC units themselves, and certainly not older than air conditioning units have been invented! Yet, we are told in almost every cave tour I've taken, "Limestone stalactites form extremely slowly – usually less than 10cm every thousand years." How can they possibly know that if they've not been around for at least a thousand years? Let's see: 10 cm x 1 in / 2.54 cm = 10/2.54 in = 3.937 in. So tell me, how can those stalactites, dripping off limestone rocks above onto the AC window unit and dripping off the bottom of the machine's casing forming these 3-4 in "icicles" possibly be a THOUSAND YEARS OLD?! Obviously not, right? So, there must be some "extenuating circumstances" that change the expected outcome! (Oh, and btw, these stalactites also had button stalagmites growing below them about a third of the stalactite's length.)

Evolutionism is a much a matter of FAITH as is Creationism.

And may God Bless you, Retrobyterm in spite of your refusal to accept the overwhelming evidence for an old earth.  Whether ew or old does NOT ALTER the fact God created it  See more evidence from the California Calistoga Petrified Forest in the following article.

http://www.californiabeat.org/2009/03/13/an-eye-opening-collection-of-petrified-trees-at-famed-calistoga-forest

How the age f the earth and universe was calculated:

https://biologos.org/common-questions/scientific-evidence/ages-of-the-earth-and-universe/

Quasar93

Edited by Quasar93

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 3:07 PM, Retrobyter said:

Evolutionism is a much a matter of FAITH as is Creationism.

Again, Show me just one catastrophic change or event that followed Noah's flood that would account for 25 foot thick seams of coal layer upon layer, buried under 200 feet of solid rock with petrified trees and leaves, and even man made items within the seams. You have been hoodwinked by our adversary or you simply just don't believe what you read in the Word of God which clearly teaches there was two great floods. 

And maybe you can explain just these two clear examples of many, of two great floods on the earth and make them one.

Lucifers Flood. No man left on earth in Gen. 1:2 ; Jer. 4:23-26 ; 2 Pet. 3:5-6).

Noah's Flood.  There were Eight people left on the earth after Noah's flood not to mention all the animals (Gen. 6:18 ; 8:15-22 ; 9:1-16 ; 1 Pet. 3:20).

Edited by HAZARD

22 hours ago, HAZARD said:

As you always find your answers right where you thought they were.

Show me just one catastrophic change or event that followed Noah's flood that would account for 25 foot thick seams of coal layer upon layer, buried under 200 feet of solid rock with petrified trees and leaves, and even man made items within the seams. You have been hoodwinked by our adversary or you simply just don't believe what you read in the Word of God which clearly teaches there was two great floods. 

Shabbat shalom, HAZARD.

Yes, but that serves to prove that matters of origins are matters of FAITH, not science! When an evolutionary, atheistic, evolutionistiic scientist EXPECTS to see evolution in his findings, his findings will be biased in just that way. Sure, I'm biased toward a historical-grammatical interpretation of Scripture when it comes to what God's Word says about the Bible; I'm biased that way because I believe the Scriptures are TRUTH AS WRITTEN! Also, I'VE ALREADY MET GOD THROUGH HIS SON, YESHUA` THE MESSIAH! One doesn't have to say, "this means that," or "that means this," because God doesn't NEED to couch His information in some allegorical thinking. He simply tells us plainly what He means.

Exodus 20:8-11 (KJV)

8 Remember the sabbath day (EACH WEEK!), to keep it holy. 9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: 11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Exodus 31:12-17 (KJV)

12 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you. 14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. 15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. 16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. 17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

And, when did this occur?

Genesis 2:1-3 (KJV)

1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. 2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it (made it holy): because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

So, I just believe it as written! I TRUST God to tell me the TRUTH! I believe in a benevolent Creator! I don't have to go looking for "secret messages" between verses, like looking for hidden messages, "reading between the lines."

God doesn't create everything ... POOF! ... perfectly! "Perfect" means "mature!" When God began His Creation, all the matter and energy was there, but it wasn't FINISHED, yet! It wasn't MATURE, yet! It wasn't PERFECT, yet! So, when Genesis 1:2 says,

Genesis 1:2 (KJV)

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

It doesn't mean that there was a destruction between verses 1 and 2 that "MADE" the earth "without form and void"; it already WAS "without form and void"; that is, it already WAS without shape and empty of life! Why? BECAUSE GOD HADN'T MADE "LIFE," YET! GOD HADN'T GIVEN THE ELEMENTS "SHAPE," YET! That's what happened in the rest of the Creation Week!

We read in Scripture that Yeshua` basically worked the same way:

Mark 8:22-26 (KJV)

22 And he (Yeshua`; "Jesus") cometh to Bethsaida; and they bring a blind man unto him, and besought him to touch him. 23 And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought. 24 And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking. 25 After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly. 26 And he sent him away to his house, saying, Neither go into the town, nor tell it to any in the town.

The outer account is that of Beit-Tsayadah ("Bethsaida" = "House of Hunting [or Fishing]"):

Yeshua` had said of them,

Matthew 11:20-22 (KJV)

20 Then began he to upbraid the cities wherein most of his mighty works were done, because they repented not: 21 Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. 22 But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you.

So, when they brought a blind man to Him, He took him by the hand and led him OUT of the town. He healed him, and then sent him home, saying, "Don't go into town, and don't tell anyone in the town (what I did for you)."

The inner account is that of the blind man's healing:

1. Yeshua` first spat in his eyes.
2. Then, Yeshua` put His hands upon him (on his eyes).
3. Then, Yeshua` asked, "Can you see anything?"
4. The man looked up.
5. The man said, "I see men like trees, walking." He could SEE, but his vision was distorted; the vertical/horizontal relationship was off.
6. Yeshua` AGAIN put His hands upon his eyes.
7. Then, He made him look up.
8. This time, He could see every man clearly; his vision was fully restored.

Yeshua` took His time and fully restored the blind man's sight in STAGES, just as He did in Creation!

As for "one catastrophic event" that occurred after the Flood, consider this passage:

Genesis 10:6-32 (KJV)

6 And the sons of Ham; Cush, and Mizraim, and Phut, and Canaan. 7 And the sons of Cush; Seba, and Havilah, and Sabtah, and Raamah, and Sabtecha: and the sons of Raamah; Sheba, and Dedan. 8 And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth. 9 He was a mighty hunter before the LORD: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the LORD. 10 And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar. 11 Out of that land went forth Asshur, and builded Nineveh, and the city Rehoboth, and Calah, 12 And Resen between Nineveh and Calah: the same is a great city. 13 And Mizraim begat Ludim, and Anamim, and Lehabim, and Naphtuhim, 14 And Pathrusim, and Casluhim, (out of whom came Philistim,) and Caphtorim.

15 And Canaan begat Sidon his firstborn, and Heth, 16 And the Jebusite, and the Amorite, and the Girgasite, 17 And the Hivite, and the Arkite, and the Sinite, 18 And the Arvadite, and the Zemarite, and the Hamathite: and afterward were the families of the Canaanites spread abroad. 19 And the border of the Canaanites was from Sidon, as thou comest to Gerar, unto Gaza; as thou goest, unto Sodom, and Gomorrah, and Admah, and Zeboim, even unto Lasha. 20 These are the sons of Ham, after their families, after their tongues, in their countries, and in their nations.

21 Unto Shem also, the father of all the children of Eber, the brother of Japheth the elder, even to him were children born. 22 The children of Shem; Elam, and Asshur, and Arphaxad, and Lud, and Aram. 23 And the children of Aram; Uz, and Hul, and Gether, and Mash. 24 And Arphaxad begat Salah; and Salah begat Eber. 25 And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother's name was Joktan. 26 And Joktan begat Almodad, and Sheleph, and Hazarmaveth, and Jerah, 27 And Hadoram, and Uzal, and Diklah, 28 And Obal, and Abimael, and Sheba, 29 And Ophir, and Havilah, and Jobab: all these were the sons of Joktan. 30 And their dwelling was from Mesha, as thou goest unto Sephar a mount of the east. 31 These are the sons of Shem, after their families, after their tongues, in their lands, after their nations.

32 These are the families of the sons of Noah, after their generations, in their nations: and by these were the nations divided in the earth after the flood.

Many believe that Nimrowd was said to be a "mighty hunter before the LORD," but the Hebrew wording is this: "k-Nimrod gibowr tsayid lifneey YHWH." It means "like Nimrowd mighty hunter to/for-[the]-face of-YHWH." Normally, gibowr is considered an adjective; however, if the noun was missing, it could be treated as an adjectival noun, like we say "the hunted" meaning "the hunted (ones)." If that is true, then gibowr tsayid could be referring to a "hunter of mighty (ones)," and some think it refers to Nimrowd being a hunter of dinosaurs, for the face (approval) of YHWH.

The naming of Peleg in verse 25 is thought to be a reference to the continental drift in "the earth (the land) being divided!"

Also, analyze the lengths of people's lives:

Genesis 11:10-32 (New Living Translation)

10 This is the account of Shem’s family.

Two years after the great flood, when Shem was 100 years old, he became the father ofcArphaxad. 11 After the birth ofd Arphaxad, Shem lived another 500 years and had other sons and daughters. (100+2+500 = 602)

12 When Arphaxad was 35 years old, he became the father of Shelah. 13 After the birth of Shelah, Arphaxad lived another 403 years and had other sons and daughters. (35+403 = 438)

14 When Shelah was 30 years old, he became the father of Eber. 15 After the birth of Eber, Shelah lived another 403 years and had other sons and daughters. (30+403 = 433)

16 When Eber was 34 years old, he became the father of Peleg. 17 After the birth of Peleg, Eber lived another 430 years and had other sons and daughters. (34+430 = 464)

18 When Peleg was 30 years old, he became the father of Reu. 19 After the birth of Reu, Peleg lived another 209 years and had other sons and daughters. (30+209 = 239)

20 When Reu was 32 years old, he became the father of Serug. 21 After the birth of Serug, Reu lived another 207 years and had other sons and daughters. (32+207 = 239)

22 When Serug was 30 years old, he became the father of Nahor. 23 After the birth of Nahor, Serug lived another 200 years and had other sons and daughters. (30+200 = 230)

24 When Nahor was 29 years old, he became the father of Terah. 25 After the birth of Terah, Nahor lived another 119 years and had other sons and daughters. (29+119 = 148)

26 After Terah was 70 years old, he became the father of Abram, Nahor, and Haran.

The Family of Terah

27 This is the account of Terah’s family. Terah was the father of Abram, Nahor, and Haran; and Haran was the father of Lot. 28 But Haran died in Ur of the Chaldeans, the land of his birth, while his father, Terah, was still living. 29 Meanwhile, Abram and Nahor both married. The name of Abram’s wife was Sarai, and the name of Nahor’s wife was Milcah. (Milcah and her sister Iscah were daughters of Nahor’s brother Haran.) 30 But Sarai was unable to become pregnant and had no children.

31 One day Terah took his son Abram, his daughter-in-law Sarai (his son Abram’s wife), and his grandson Lot (his son Haran’s child) and moved away from Ur of the Chaldeans. He was headed for the land of Canaan, but they stopped at Haran and settled there. 32 Terah lived for 205 years and died while still in Haran. (70+205 = 275)

You will find that it is in a steady decline on a hyperbolic curve after the Flood. The environment had drastically changed.

Pick one ... or all three. These are significant details, although only the continental drift might be considered a "catastrophic change."

The Sabbath was an Old Testament law that has been done away with by Christ who fulfilled the whole law. 

Col 2:16
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect7 of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Gen. 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

There was light in the beginning, God created the heaven which would include the sun, moon and stars before He created the Earth.

Job 38:  6-7, V 6, Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened ? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7, When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Lucifer and one third of God's angels had not yet rebelled when God laid the foundations of the Earth, they, "all" of God's angels rejoiced, shouted for joy..

Lucifer was already a fallen angel when he entered Adams Eden to try and wrest control back from Adam.

When did Lucifer and one third of Gods angels rebel?

The, some time later, in the distant past, Lucifer and one third of God's angels rebelled against God and invaded Heaven to try and dethrone God.

Isiah 14: 13-14, V  13, For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14, I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Lucifer was cast back to the Earth and God destroyed the Earth and all therein and turned off the light.