• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, Realist said:

I did,  and do not see the significance of the first day in light of those scriptures compared to these:

The first mention of the Sabbath was in Genesis 2:3

And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Notice that God made a distinct action in “blessing” and “sanctifying" the Sabbath Day.

God sanctified this day as the supreme lawgiver and as the Creator.   The Sabbath command was one of the only two commands given in the Garden of Eden and was an element of obedience.

In Exodus 16:23,30 we see the Sabbath also was in place before the Law of Moses

"Tomorrow is a Sabbath rest, a holy Sabbath to the LORD...So the people rested on the seventh day".  Exodus 16:23,30

Therefore the people of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, observing the Sabbath throughout their generations, as a covenant forever.   Exodus 31:16 9

Jesus also honored the seventh day said that He was Lord of the Sabbath

"So the Son of Man is lord even of the Sabbath".  Luke 2:28

Note that God says the Sabbath will be kept in the Millennium according to Isaiah 66:23

And it shall come to pass that from one New Moon to another,  And from one Sabbath to another,  All flesh shall come to worship before Me," says the LORD.

So in the beginning, the middle and the end of the bible teaches the 7th day Sabbath.

To be clear, I am not part of any denomination, just trying to understand the truth in the bible and I never understood why Sunday was picked for the worship day especially when I found these quotes years ago:

“Sunday is a Catholic institution and its claim to observance can be defended only on Catholic principles...From beginning to end of Scripture there is not a single passage that warrants the transfer of weekly public worship from the last day of the week to the first.” Catholic Press, Sydney, Australia, August 1900.

“Sunday is our mark or authority...the church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact.” Catholic Record of London, Ontario, September 1, 1923.

“It is well to remind the Presbyterians, Baptists, Methodists, and all other Christians, that the Bible does not support them anywhere in their observance of Sunday. Sunday is an institution of the Roman Catholic Church, and those who observe the day observe a commandment of the Catholic Church.” Priest Brady, in an address reported in The News, Elizabeth, New Jersey, March 18, 1903.

“Protestants...accept Sunday rather than Saturday as the day for public worship after the Catholic Church made the change...But the Protestant mind does not seem to realize that...In observing the Sunday, they are accepting the authority of the spokesman for the church, the Pope.” Our Sunday Visitor, February 15, 1950.

We are now under the New Covenant. 

Jesus is our Sabbath. There is no Sabbath Day today. Colossians 2:14-16 tells us that the ceremonials laws were nailed to the cross, including the Sabbath Day. Jesus became the fulfillment of what the Sabbath represented in the Old Testament. The Sabbath Day was a ceremonial Law, only for the Jews in the Old Testament. It pictured resting in Jesus Christ for salvation.  This is plainly taught in Hebrews 4:1-5.

Col. 2:14-16. V. 14, Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
V. 15, And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
V. 16, Let no man therefore judge you in meat,or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Hebrews 4:1-5.  V. 1, Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
V. 2, For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
V. 3, For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
V. 4, For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
V. 5, And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.

The 6-days of men working pictured man's self-righteousness, which could never save (Isaiah 64:6; Romans 3:20). When we cease from our own self-righteous labours and rest upon the Lord for salvation, we are eternally saved. 

Today, we honor the Lord on Sunday (1st Corinthians 16:2), the first day of the week; but there is no Sabbath Day anymore. Jesus is our Sabbath and in Him alone do we rest for our salvation. So actually, there's only nine commandments today. Of all the Ten Commandments, only one was not a moral Law... keeping the Sabbath. A moral Law is in effect 24/7; but the Sabbath was only kept one day a week, which could never be true of a moral Law. All of the Old Testament ceremonial laws were nailed to the cross with Christ. Thank God the Father... Jesus is Sabbath!

The fourth commandment was a "ceremonial law" which was ONLY for Old Testament Israel. Ceremonial laws were a specific set of laws, for a specific group of people (Israel), for a specific time period (Old Testament). When Jesus died on the cross, He became our Sabbath. The six day work week in the Old Testament pictured man foolishly trying to earn salvation through self-righteous good works (which is impossible). The Sabbath day of rest represented our precious Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, Who died in our place to pay for our sins. 2nd Corinthians 5:17, "For He [God the Father] hath made Him [God the Son] to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him."

Jesus rose from the dead on the first day of the week, Sunday, The Holy Spirit was sent on the first day of the week Pentecost. The Sabbath Day is not enforced today, which is what the Bible states in Colossians 2:16,17,

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

21 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

The Sabbath Day was a ceremonial Law

Sorry that is not true according to the Bible and the verses I gave you. 

All the verses I gave you above were God and Christ speaking exclusively,

Here is another:

notice Christ's prophesy after His death clearly warning His future believers to pray this:

And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be   Luke 2:28

The Sabbath was also still in place after the death of Christ

25 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

only for the Jews in the Old Testament

But since you like to quote Paul I will submit this fact:

Paul often read from the scriptures on the sabbath (which is kept by the apostles 84
times in the book of Acts). And the only scriptures at that time were only the old testament.

(Acts 17:2) As was his custom, Paul went into the synagogue,
and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures.

I say this with all humility and just seek the truth, I just don’t understand everyone’s fixation with Paul when we have the words of Christ and God.

This verse always gave me caution and pause:

2 Peter 3:15-17, "And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him, as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures. You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, take care that you are not carried away with the error of lawless people and lose your own stability."

There is no where in the bible that  God or Christ states the fourth commandment is nullified.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

1 hour ago, Realist said:

Sorry that is not true according to the Bible and the verses I gave you. 

All the verses I gave you above were God and Christ speaking exclusively,

Here is another:

notice Christ's prophesy after His death clearly warning His future believers to pray this:

And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be   Luke 2:28

The Sabbath was also still in place after the death of Christ

But since you like to quote Paul I will submit this fact:

Paul often read from the scriptures on the sabbath (which is kept by the apostles 84
times in the book of Acts). And the only scriptures at that time were only the old testament.

(Acts 17:2) As was his custom, Paul went into the synagogue,
and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures.

I say this with all humility and just seek the truth, I just don’t understand everyone’s fixation with Paul when we have the words of Christ and God.

This verse always gave me caution and pause:

2 Peter 3:15-17, "And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him, as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures. You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, take care that you are not carried away with the error of lawless people and lose your own stability."

There is no where in the bible that  God or Christ states the fourth commandment is nullified.

New covenant which we now live under;

Col. 2:14-16. V. 14, Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
V. 15, And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
V. 16, Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  4,181
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

Matthew 5:17-20

Christ Fulfills the Law Christ Jesus said:

17 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

• This is Worthy 1

• 4 years later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.40

On 3/18/2018 at 7:02 AM, Adstar said:

You guys who are responding should see this discovery as a good thing... We know in the scriptures that during the great flood the springs of the deep where opened up as well as the rain from above.. Having the fact that there is huge reserves of water deep inside the earth can let us know where the flood waters ended up and where a lot ( maybe the vast majority of the flood waters came from..

Genesis 7: KJV

11 "¶ In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened."

What does this mean Theologically? :D  The waters of the great flood are still with us deep within planet earth..

Exactly what I was thinking. Amazing that scientists say there is not enough water to have flooded every known continent and mountain range on the earth. And here it has existed all this time. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,159
  • Content Per Day:  2.05
  • Days Won:  8

There was a world-wide flood, but none of waters went a way.  What we see today as oceans, and the waters under the mantel, are from the flood.   In fact, according to the Bible, the land was made from within the water, during creation.

Scientifically speaking, water is impossible to rid of unless you haul it to another planet or something.  Water on the Earth will be a gas, solid or liquid, ... always. 

Scientists are right in saying that the amount of water showing up as rain could not cover the mountains of today without a super heating issue (called the latent heat of condensation (turning vapor in the air into water droplets)), but the problem with their calculations is that they assume these mountains existed at the time of the flood.   The mountains of today came after the flood. 

Psalm 104: 6-9 (NLT)

You clothed the earth with floods of water,
    water that covered even the mountains.
At your command, the water fled;
    at the sound of your thunder, it hurried away.
Mountains rose and valleys sank
    to the levels you decreed.
Then you set a firm boundary for the seas,
    so they would never again cover the earth.

Also, like the scientists in the original post discovered, much of the water burst forth from beneath the mantel, according to the Bible.

Genesis 7:11 (NLT) When Noah was 600 years old, on the seventeenth day of the second month, all the underground waters erupted from the earth, and the rain fell in mighty torrents from the sky.

What was confirmed by the scientists in the OP is that it was a LOT of water under the mantel, oceans.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  4,263
  • Content Per Day:  2.95

From the originally sourced Livescience article (from 2007)

'The water then rises up into the overlying region, which becomes saturated with water [image]. "It would still look like solid rock to you,” Wysession told LiveScience. "You would have to put it in the lab to find the water in it."

Although they appear solid, the composition of some ocean floor rocks is up to 15 percent water. "The water molecules are actually stuck in the mineral structure of the rock," Wysession explained. "As you heat this up, it eventually dehydrates. It's like taking clay and firing it to get all the water out."

The researchers estimate that up to 0.1 percent of the rock sinking down into the Earth's mantle in that part of the world is water, which works out to about an Arctic Ocean's worth of water.

"That's a real back of the envelope type calculation," Wysession said. "That's the best that we can do at this point."'

Don't think of this as some massive repository of liquid water sitting in the mantle. It is locked up in minerals. Here is a more recent article discussing this. Wadleysite and ringwoodite are some of these stable water-bearing minerals (I had heard of the latter, but the former is a new one for me). 

1 hour ago, teddyv said:

Don't think of this as some massive repository of liquid water sitting in the mantle. It is locked up in minerals. Here is a more recent article discussing this. Wadleysite and ringwoodite are some of these stable water-bearing minerals (I had heard of the latter, but the former is a new one for me). 

Ringwoodite exists, and that's a fact.  But saying that the 'seismic ping' that responds like water is actually Ringwoodite is entirely a theory.  Actually, so is the idea that there is pure H2O down there, but I happen to believe what the Bible says about the matter.  When the water abated, it went somewhere.

Another fact is that we cannot get down there to witness all the supposed Ringwoodite.  It sure looks like there is water down there, based on its seismic wave slowness, but there are also a lot of scientists who would prefer it be anything but water because of an agenda.  If it was water down there, it could mean there was a global flood.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  4,263
  • Content Per Day:  2.95

Ah, yes. I forgot. The nefarious "agenda".

17 minutes ago, teddyv said:

Ah, yes. I forgot. The nefarious "agenda".

Yes.  It is there.  It is why people are black balled for suggesting creation is a possibility,  in the evolution community.  Touchy and insecure crowd in the 'science' business.

Did you ever watch Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed?

It is an interesting documentary that you can now find on YouTube, staring Ben Stein.  Of course, the agenda crowd calls it propaganda.  :)