• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,165
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, GreyDestiny said:

Thank you for your post. God bless you

God Bless you sir, i wish you well in Christ Jesus with your choices. the bible does say that keeping busy with ones hands is a good thing.

Praying in Jesus name that He direct your path and help guide you to make the right decisions for your christian walk with Him.

In Christ Jesus always;

1to3

1 Thessalonians 4:11

Living to Please God
10And indeed, you are showing this love to all the brothers throughout Macedonia. But we urge you, brothers, to excel more and more

11and to aspire to live quietly, to attend to your own matters,

***and to work with your own hands, ***as we instructed you. 12Then you will behave properly toward outsiders, without being dependent on anyone.…

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Work is work. If it wasn't it would be called something else. Work is a very good thing and it is for our benefit. Work isn't always fun nor is it without stress. No matter what job you are in has it's days. With that being said we can approach work in two ways.

Way 1: We can approach it with a complaining spirit. We can have a bad attitude about it and can go about it with absolute hatred for the job. Did you know that God works and as a human being created in the image of God that God created us to work also? I mean he gave Adam the responsibility of naming the animals and then caring for them. God put Adam (and I am going to assume Eve as well) to work. Before the fall there was no sin so work was enjoyable and rewarding. Once sin entered the world work became a chore because of our selfish and pride. Sin didn't negate work but it caused us to look at it differently. We don't like work because it's hard and we don't see as rewarding but our jobs are what God has us doing at the moment. You have a job which is good. There are people out there looking for jobs and can't get them. There are people who have lost their jobs and are struggling to make ends meet. While the job isn't ideal you are working towards a better one. Complaining will always makes work seem a whole lot worse than it really is. 

Way 2: Be joyful and excited because God has given you the opportunity to work despite how things actually may seem. Work isn't always fun, easy or exciting. However how we view work will play a huge part in how I respond to work. If you are going to work to please self (make lots of money, buy lots of stuff) then you will never be content because your focus is in the wrong place. However if you are content (happy) with your life then work should be ok. Ecclesiates puts it this way in 3:22 "So I saw that there is nothing better for a person than to enjoy their work, because that is their lot."  One thing to note though is that if your spiritual walk isn't right then everything else in your life will be rough. Not saying that you won't have days where you wish you were doing something else (we all do) but you will be able to handle it better and still have joy in your life. 

Remember that James 1:2 says "Consider it all joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know the testing of your faith produces perseverance."  I don't know all of the OP situation since I am not there but we can look at everything that we go through God working in us to produce something better. So my thought is work hard where you are at, have the right attitude, show people that you are different and let God take control of your life versus you trying to control what goes on in your life. 

Now one last note all the above applies to the Christian. If you are not a Christian it will be very difficult to understand this thought process because the Holy Spirit isn't in you. If you aren't saved we sure would love to tell you how so that you can know the true meaning of joy and contentment.