Quasar93

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  651
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

Researchers suggest that the canyon could have been formed by a river that was frequented by the massive dinosaurs of the late Cretaceous period.

The research, published in the journal Science, adds a new component to 150 years of wrangling over the exact age of the mile-deep canyon in Arizona, according to University of Colorado Assistant Professor Rebecca Flowers.
A new method of measuring radioactive decay from minerals in the soil suggests the gorge is 70 million years old. Flowers, who worked with Professor Kenneth Farley of the California Institute of Technology one of the project, said in a telephone interview.

The team examined soil samples from both the western and eastern parts of the canyon, and their findings confirmed a similar study published last year based on a study of just one side of the canyon.
It suggests that the canyon would have been carved by a river that existed before dinosaurs became extinct 65 million years ago and before the existence of the modern Colorado River system, a 1,450-mile-long (2,333-km-long) body of water that flows from Colorado to Mexico.

"At that time, the topography of the landscape in the Western U.S. looked very, very different than today," she said.
In fact, the elevation of the land in the West was higher and that ancient river would have flowed in the opposite direction of the Colorado River, she said.

Source:  http://news.msn.com/science-technology/ ... -dinosaurs

Quasar 93

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

Silly but serious scientists have been messing up for decades/ centuries/

what YHWH created and caused/ brought to pass/  simply. 

Only a few are honest all along.  The age is far less than evil speculation and fairy tales make it seem like, in cahoots with worldly (faulty) science of worldly (faulty) scientists and worldly (carnal) men.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I am a young earth believer.That is the universe is around 6,000 years old. I think if we interpret scripture literally that is the only interpretation one can believe in. Scientists believe the Grand Canyon is 70 million years old. That is an old earth believer. My brother was a Scientist and he was an atheist. I am sure there are a handful of Christian Scientists.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

19 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I am a young earth believer.That is the universe is around 6,000 years old. I think if we interpret scripture literally that is the only interpretation one can believe in. Scientists believe the Grand Canyon is 70 million years old. That is an old earth believer. My brother was a Scientist and he was an atheist. I am sure there are a handful of Christian Scientists.

You want to hear a story     Scientists had speculated , guessed by their science that in order for the earth to be billions of years old their would have to be a said amount

of dust gathered on the moon surface .    When man got their .    by their own guess they said we must have been way off,  because according to the dust

depth on the moon the earth would have been at most ten  thousand years old .  SO they said we had it wrong.   but maybe they didn't , DID THEY.

I heard this years ago.   I never researched it though.   It could have been a wise tale .   

But science is wrong.   its mans wisdom.   man cant grasp how things can form in an instant.   YET its HOW GOD CREATED.

HE SPOKE the whole universe and worlds and all that is INTO existence.   DO we think ONE that has such power cannot simply say LET THIER and it be INSTANT.

IT WAS SISTER.  YOU RIGHT this earth is YOUNG.   GOD is all powerful .   IF HE SAYS IT IS PEROID.  that  is how childlike faith I SEE HIM AS.    ALL POWERFUL

and it was ONE LITERAL DAY for each event .    I don't believe God is not all powerful.  I TRULY KNOW HE IS .  SO SING IT SISTER .  YOU RIGHT the earth is young.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

2 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Silly but serious scientists have been messing up for decades/ centuries/

what YHWH created and caused/ brought to pass/  simply. 

Only a few are honest all along.  The age is far less than evil speculation and fairy tales make it seem like, in cahoots with worldly (faulty) science of worldly (faulty) scientists and worldly (carnal) men.

And that my friend is what most don't see.   SCIENCE IS NOT THE WISDOM OF GOD , its the wisdom of men.

wisdom of THE WORLD .    and what is the wisdom of this world...  FOOOOOOOLISHNESS WITH GOD

so I say as did paul.  IF any wants to be made wise , become a fool to this worlds wisdom.    AND THANK THE LORD , for when HE came to me

he went to work BURNING OUT that foolish wisdom I thought had made me so wise, yet was a FOOL I was in it ,

HIS PURE WORDS by the POWER OF HIS PURE SPIRIT will cleanse our minds and hearts and give us WISDOM in CHRIST and forsake the wisdom of men WE DO.

FOR to those who are HIS.........................ONLY HIS WISDOM IF PURE and FILLS . all else stinks and is empty .    HIS OWN really DO HEAR HIS VOICE

and another they will FLEE.   ITS REAL JEFF.   ITS REAL.   but most know not what I mean or say by that .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

You want to hear a story     Scientists had speculated , guessed by their science that in order for the earth to be billions of years old their would have to be a said amount

of dust gathered on the moon surface .    When man got their .    by their own guess they said we must have been way off,  because according to the dust

depth on the moon the earth would have been at most ten  thousand years old .  SO they said we had it wrong.   but maybe they didn't , DID THEY.

I heard this years ago.   I never researched it though.   It could have been a wise tale .   

But science is wrong.   its mans wisdom.   man cant grasp how things can form in an instant.   YET its HOW GOD CREATED.

HE SPOKE the whole universe and worlds and all that is INTO existence.   DO we think ONE that has such power cannot simply say LET THIER and it be INSTANT.

IT WAS SISTER.  YOU RIGHT this earth is YOUNG.   GOD is all powerful .   IF HE SAYS IT IS PEROID.  that  is how childlike faith I SEE HIM AS.    ALL POWERFUL

and it was ONE LITERAL DAY for each event .    I don't believe God is not all powerful.  I TRULY KNOW HE IS .  SO SING IT SISTER .  YOU RIGHT the earth is young.

I do not pay attention to the secular science world.

• Praise God! 1

41 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I do not pay attention to the secular science world.

A hearty amen.   as I said I heard it years ago.     Onward n the Lord people , onward in the Lord.

• Thumbs Up 1

Praise the Lord my friend of many letters.     I just missed ya by mere seconds . 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

A guy named 'Kent Hovind' has hours and hours of Youtube video's on creation science. He know's his subject and I agree with him. Most knowledgeable man I've ever seen on the subject of creation and Noah's flood. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,858
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

On January 20, 2018 at 2:22 PM, Quasar93 said:

Researchers suggest that the canyon could have been formed by a river that was frequented by the massive dinosaurs of the late Cretaceous period.

The research, published in the journal Science, adds a new component to 150 years of wrangling over the exact age of the mile-deep canyon in Arizona, according to University of Colorado Assistant Professor Rebecca Flowers.
A new method of measuring radioactive decay from minerals in the soil suggests the gorge is 70 million years old. Flowers, who worked with Professor Kenneth Farley of the California Institute of Technology one of the project, said in a telephone interview.

The team examined soil samples from both the western and eastern parts of the canyon, and their findings confirmed a similar study published last year based on a study of just one side of the canyon.
It suggests that the canyon would have been carved by a river that existed before dinosaurs became extinct 65 million years ago and before the existence of the modern Colorado River system, a 1,450-mile-long (2,333-km-long) body of water that flows from Colorado to Mexico.

"At that time, the topography of the landscape in the Western U.S. looked very, very different than today," she said.
In fact, the elevation of the land in the West was higher and that ancient river would have flowed in the opposite direction of the Colorado River, she said.

Source:  http://news.msn.com/science-technology/ ... -dinosaurs

Quasar 93

Cool write up, Marble canyon let the carving begin, 

• Thumbs Up 1