John 6:65

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

What does this mean.  "John 6:65- no one can come unto me unless my father draw him."  I know a lot of this is self explanatory, but there has to be more to this.  Why did the disciples that followed him, hearing this, turn back?  How do you know if the Father draws you?  Thank you

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

46 minutes ago, Tyler22 said:

What does this mean.  "John 6:65- no one can come unto me unless my father draw him."  I know a lot of this is self explanatory, but there has to be more to this.  Why did the disciples that followed him, hearing this, turn back?  How do you know if the Father draws you?  Thank you

If at any point in your life you have first resisted the calling of Christ , yet eventually ended up loving Him , and receiving Him , abandoning self & yielding to the "draw of the Father" then to me this is what Christ is speaking of . 

Allowing the " draw of Father " to have the preeminence  over self .

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Those who were following Jesus did not turn back because of what you posted above, they turned back because they did not understand (v.60) the following from verses 53-58:

Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you.  Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.  For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed.  He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him.  As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me.  This is the bread which came down from heaven—not as your fathers ate the manna, and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever.”

As for God calling us to Him, we would not even think of God if it were not for His Spirit working in our lives, showing us our sins.

Guest shiloh357
52 minutes ago, Tyler22 said:

Jesus was declaring himself to be God.   See, in those days and in our day, as well,   Orthodox Jew view the Torah as the spiritual sustenance of the Torah observant Jews.   It is called, "The Tree of Life" and it is referred to as "living water."    The Jews believed at that time that the study of Torah was the way to have eternal life.  Eating and drinking (studying) the Torah was how a Jew would have a share in the world to come (what we call, "The New Heaven and New Earth").

Jesus stated that He was the bread of life, and that the only way to have eternal life was to partake of Him.   He equated eating His flesh and drinking his blood (metaphorically) with the Torah itself.   That was a proclamation that He was greater than the law, greater than Moses, and thus as the giver of eternal life, He was declaring Himself to be God.

Couple that with referring to God has as His Father and the only to eternal life, and it would explain why so many of His disciples left Him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

If God did not draw us to salvation we would not come. Man does not have the ability to come to God nor does man have the desire. Man's heart is hard and his mind is dark.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 hours ago, missmuffet said:

If God did not draw us to salvation we would not come. Man does not have the ability to come to God nor does man have the desire. Man's heart is hard and his mind is dark.

Tis by grace alone we are saved.      Jesus once said,  Marvel not  NO MAN can come to ME lest the FATHER draw HIM.     YEAH its by grace alone by faith in Christ .

Just now, frienduff thaylorde said:

Tis by grace alone we are saved.      Jesus once said,  Marvel not  NO MAN can come to ME lest the FATHER draw HIM.     YEAH its by grace alone by faith in Christ .

OH tyler had a question.

BELEIVE ME ,  YOU WILL KNOW if GOD draws you TO JESUS .    YOU WILL KNOW .   

but why do some turn back.    read them parables now .    math thirteen,   mark four , luke eight .

And remember what paul said,  BE looking DILIGENTLY lest any man FAIL of the GRACE OF , GOD

lest any root of bitterness spring up and trouble you, whereby MANY be defiled.    Our walk DONT END the day we are drawn to CHRIST ,  IT BEGINS .

8 hours ago, Tyler22 said:

Guess I could tell you WHEN it happened to me.     I was one of the worst vile things , PEROID and none can argue that IF they knew me .

But on may thirtieth of two thousand six ,   in the afternoon,  THAT CHANGED.   something within my inner conscious began to stir

and I was no longer interested in the vile and evil ,  I  began to desire a whole new direction.  GRACE DID THAT , it was HE in me drawing me to the SON.

WHAT a hunger for truth , what a love for truth HE put on my heart .  and into that HOLY BOOK that most don't really read too often , I WAS PLACED.

as I read every word I was only getting filled more and more with this desire to know HIM more .   Grace at work, it had began.

As HIS SPIRIT worked on me , AS I read that holy BIBLE  the more I feasted the more I had to keep on feasting on that book.  Like a wave of real passion

and hunger for truth.    And every word , from every promise to even every warning was like eating spiritual honey to the soul.  It fulfilled me and kept fillng me.

Hungrily day by day for hours daily , sometimes eight hours a day, though usually about four,   I just could not get enough of those words.

Well, day by day , became week by week, became month by month , became year by year of reading the same book hours daily every day.   THEIR TRULY IS

nothing that can fill us LIKE HE CAN.    And now nearly twelve years later......................the same light burns .   the same book hours daily and I read it to others too.

IF you truly desire to be made wise unto salvation through faith in CHRIST , my advice , pick up that book and never put it down .  LET GOD work a work in you

that can no false prophet take , can no man separate you from , let your faith Grow in Him and BY HIM and HEED and live HIS EVERY SAYING and learn of HIM.  

4 hours ago, missmuffet said:

SAY IT AGAIN MISS MUFFET , SAY IT AGAIN.  TO GOD ALONE BE THE GLORY .   We are but mere lil things that ought to be REJOICING with every ounce of our heart

that HE alone has saved us .     YOU SING IT SISTER till the cows come home and then some .