• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

"FUD"...there's a term I haven't seen used in some time! "Fear, Uncertainty and Doom" if memory serves, and it's an accurate descriptor of what we're seeing here, especially given that if a "Christian" is falling away from the Lord, they  didn't know Him in the first place.

Ive always thought the D was doubt, but doom works too. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,129
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

To settle the discussion, if she was talking to me, why would she quote someone else?

Hi OneLight,

Sorry about the mix up. I should have written the person`s whole `name.`

Marilyn.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,129
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, Davida said:

Oye, am I reading this correct?  Onelight needs to study God's word more so he get's it "right"? like you?

Sorry Marilyn, I stand corrected, apologies,   Angels4u says it was the other "light".   

Hi Davida,

sorry to you also, as I see it has caused some confusion. I should have written the person`s whole name - LightShinesInThedarkness.

regards, Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

7 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi OneLight,

Sorry about the mix up. I should have written the person`s whole `name.`

Marilyn.

No problem Marilyn.  It happens now and then.  I didn't want others to get confused and I knew who you were talking to.

God Bless!

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

15 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Davida,

sorry to you also, as I see it has caused some confusion. I should have written the person`s whole name - LightShinesInThedarkness.

regards, Marilyn.

My first impression was that you were talking about  lightshinesinthed :). I was skimming over the thread ... So much consternation lol

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, Cletus said:

you were right.  not everyone will accept it.  maybe thats because they ignored the part about taking it to the Lord in prayer.  maybe.  i mean, its very possible when you look at the time in which you posted and others posted.  I prayed about it for years before the words in The Book jumped up at me in a way it made inside my chest glow. 

amos 5:18  Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light.

There are a lot of scriptures in the message too, which I doubt most people took the time to look up, which might have made a difference in how they received it. But it's the Lord who must give us understanding and confirm to us the truth about these things.

9 minutes ago, Cletus said:

yes, but if we dont take it to prayer, just say no no this is what i was taught and this is what i believe, and not take it to prayer, then how will we ever get that confirmation since its up to us to seek.  did i mention not taking it to prayer?  its really not that difficult to be open minded to the truth. 

It is very important to pray about what we hear (or read) and to ask God for understanding, and not to be lazy and just believe whatever someone tells us (including pastors, just because they are pastors, or scholars just because they are scholars).

Edited by LightShinesInTheDarkness

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Unfailing Presence said:

Not sure what bible you are getting this from ?

My bible states that the day Jesus returns to earth in judgement there will be none  " caught up in the air " from earth ,  for the purpose of turning right around & going back to earth . 

More  purposelessness so typical of the crooked thinking that must be embraced in rejecting the pre-trib rapture .

My bible states that those returning to earth with Christ in judgement are returning from HEAVEN  where they  " WERE " already :

"  And the armies WHICH WERE IN HEAVEN followed Him upon white horses clothed in fine linen , white and clean . "                                                                                                                                                                               ( Revelation 19 : 14 ) 

God's Word that anyone  " caught up in the air " is going to be in heaven for an extended time before returning  with Christ at a later time .                                                         

?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

10 hours ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

2.       MOST TRUE (NOT FAKE) CHRISTIANS WILL FALL AWAY FROM THE LORD AND BE OVERTHROWN DURING THE TRIBULATION

I agree with 2/3 of your post, on the specific point above I would say you are way off base.

John 10:27  "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

A true Christian cannot be taken away, not according to Jesus.

God bless

2 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

I agree with 2/3 of your post, on the specific point above I would say you are way off base.

John 10:27  "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

A true Christian cannot be taken away, not according to Jesus.

God bless

I know that many Christians believe that a true Christian can't depart or fall away from Christ (or forfeit or lose his or her salvation), but the Scriptures teach otherwise. We have a choice whether to remain in Christ or not after coming to be in Him. No one can take us out of God's hand, but we can take ourselves out. And there are conditions for our remaining in Christ.

I realize it seems strange that God would save us as a free gift and then require us to abide by conditions for keeping that free gift, and this confuses a lot of people. But yes, a Christian can forfeit his or her salvation---whether by persisting in deliberate sin (Heb 10:36-31), or by committing an unforgivable sin (like taking the mark of the beast), or just being spiritually lazy and unfruitful (Heb 6:1-12; Rev 3:15-22).

Nothing can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord except us. (Notice that "our own free will and choices" or "anything we do" are not included in Romans 8:38, 39; and anyone who would claim that those verses do include "anything we do" would have to overlook all the scriptures that teach otherwise.)

According to Jesus:

"If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire and burned." (John 15:6)

(One has to be in Christ in order to be broken off from Him. As Paul also wrote, "If God did not spare the natural branches, neither will He spare you." (Romans 11:21,22).)

"I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away..." (John 15:1,2)

"As the Father has loved Me, so have I loved you. Abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love." (John 15:9, 10)

(If it were impossible for us not to abide in God's love, why would the Lord tell us to do so?)

So yes, we do have a choice whether to remain in Jesus or not, by our own actions and choices, after being saved. So long as we choose to remain in Him, He will never leave us or forsake us.

(I know of no promise of God that doesn't have conditions, and we should be wise to know and remember not only the promises but also the conditions of them, and not emphasize the one and disregard the other.)