• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, Gary Lee said:

Mat 28:19  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20  Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

This is to you, Neighbor, but more so to those young believers watching us, desiring to learn. (from our actions)

I do not speak for missmuffet. She did not "declare" any parameters. She did not act as a "priest" or insinuate that was an approved list. She recommended what new believers should be concerned with. It appeared to me (my opinion) that she had consideration of new young Christians, looking into this forum, seeking to learn/grow in knowledge/truth. I remember when my wife and I received Christ, and joined a church. We were totally ignorant of where to start. We were stuck in a couples class, which happened to be in  Revelations. Had no idea what everybody was talking about. Stuck in college level class, needing to be in the first grade. Like missmuffet said, the "basics". Good advice to a  new believer (again, MY opinion). You might wonder what/who prompted missmuffet to take the time to consider new believers and the challenges they would face. I don't. Actually, I think the very idea of trying to help new believers with our own experiences (like yours above with Job, Neighbor) was instructed by God. To teach. How will they learn. You say let the Holy Spirit teach. Amen! But what instruments does the Holy Spirit use? Could He have used missmuffet? I think so. The very thing you accuse mm of, you are guilty of. You posted YOUR RULES about how MM should/should not give guidelines to new believers, as that would limit the Holy Spirit, when in essence, you very well limit the Holy Spirit's prompting mm. This was obviously a moving of mm's spirit to consider all those lurkers watching on the sidelines, seeking truth, and watching, listening. Her idea didn't meet with your approval. Why not try to help, acknowledging God,  with your vast experience and understanding of how you learned as a new believer, your insights,  adding to the  "limited list", helping those lurkers  reading this to gain from your experience. Or better, give us what you would tell new believers what they can/should do to learn, where to start, what you believe would be some of the areas you personally benefited from. That would be positive, my brother.

2Ti_2:24  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

Heb_5:12  For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

Hi Gary, we simply disagree. And that is okay too.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi, Missmuffet, lest anyone think I do not appreciate your near daily interests, and input into the Worthy Community let me state that I do apppreciate it. Perhaps appreciating  it even more when I find  I have early disagreement or a differing take on the subjects! The subjects  most often  expand my own mind, opening up new subjects for thought, reading, and prayer.

I find no need to debate this particular issue all that much. I think we will end up right where we started on this one- with vastly differing view point and conclusion.

I simply think no subject is too obtuse, no rabbit trail so wandering, that  we cannot respond to any question while also sharing of the gospel of our Lord at the same time.  And if our response is, gee I don't have a clue I never heard nor thought of your interesting question before, that too is okay. The Holy Spirit has it all in His capable hand.