Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
missmuffet

Lemon Poundcake

Recommended Posts

Lemon Poundcake

  • ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus additional for greasing pan
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus additional for pan
  • 1 ¼ cups sugar
  • 4 teaspoons grated lemon zest
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon kosher salt
  • ¾ cup sour cream
  • ½ cup confectioners' sugar
  • ½ cup fresh lemon juice
  •  
     

Preparation

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan. Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light. Add the lemon zest, then the eggs, one at a time, mixing until light and fluffy. Mix in the vanilla.
  2. Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients alternately with the sour cream, mixing just to combine. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the cake's center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Place on a rack.
  3. Put the confectioners' sugar in a bowl and gradually whisk in the lemon juice. Brush some of the mixture over the top of the cake. Let stand for 10 minutes. Turn the cake out of the pan and brush the cake top, sides and bottom well with the lemon mixture. Repeat after 10 minutes. Slice and serve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there was a really good lemon cake posted awhile ago,I saved it in my recipe box,your recipe looks very good also :) Did you make it?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, angels4u said:

there was a really good lemon cake posted awhile ago,I saved it in my recipe box,your recipe looks very good also :) Did you make it?"

I have not made it yet. But thinking about it. I understand it is very lemony but the taste softens after a day. I don't put as much sugar in a recipe as it calls for. I will probably put 3/4 cup of sugar in this. I don't like really sweet things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I have not made it yet. But thinking about it. I understand it is very lemony but the taste softens after a day. I don't put as much sugar in a recipe as it calls for. I will probably put 3/4 cup of sugar in this. I don't like really sweet things.

Well, looking at all the lemon which goes in it, it might need the sugar or maybe little less ,I might give this recipe a try too it looks very tasty :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, angels4u said:

Well, looking at all the lemon which goes in it, it might need the sugar or maybe little less ,I might give this recipe a try too it looks very tasty :)

My son has been asking for a lemon pound cake which is his favorite so I will give it a try as well.

  • Loved it! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Lemon Poundcake

  • ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus additional for greasing pan
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus additional for pan
  • 1 ¼ cups sugar
  • 4 teaspoons grated lemon zest
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon kosher salt
  • ¾ cup sour cream
  • ½ cup confectioners' sugar
  • ½ cup fresh lemon juice
  •  
     

Preparation

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan. Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light. Add the lemon zest, then the eggs, one at a time, mixing until light and fluffy. Mix in the vanilla.
  2. Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients alternately with the sour cream, mixing just to combine. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the cake's center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Place on a rack.
  3. Put the confectioners' sugar in a bowl and gradually whisk in the lemon juice. Brush some of the mixture over the top of the cake. Let stand for 10 minutes. Turn the cake out of the pan and brush the cake top, sides and bottom well with the lemon mixture. Repeat after 10 minutes. Slice and serve.

I'm drooling.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Woman_At_The_Well said:

I'm drooling.

Do you cook?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Woman_At_The_Well said:

I love cooking

There are a lot of women who hate to cook so they never learn. There are some men who are very good cooks. cooking-dinner.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...