Sign in to follow this  
missmuffet

Lemon Poundcake

7 minutes ago, Woman_At_The_Well said:

One of my cousins who is a Male, is an Executive Chef who knew lol

Some of the best cooks in the world are men. I never did know guys who were good cooks. They could not boil water :mellow:

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

Some of the best cooks in the world are men. I never did know guys who were good cooks. They could not boil water :mellow:

LOL

On 1/21/2018 at 9:57 PM, angels4u said:

there was a really good lemon cake posted awhile ago,I saved it in my recipe box,your recipe looks very good also :) Did you make it?"

Yes , I posted a lemon Loaf cake recipe last year and then removed it.

Here it is again.  This is an heirloom wonderful no fail lemon loaf cake recipe that everyone enjoys.

Lemon Loaf desert -Excellent-

Double up    or just one loaf

2       1 cup sugar

2/3      1/2 cup sunflower oil

4       2 eggs

3       1 1/2 cup Flour

1/4=1/4   1/4 tsp salt

2       1 tsp Baking Powder

1       1/2 cup milk or plain yogurt

2       1 tsp Lemon rind zest (of one lemon Loaf or two lemon rind zest for two loaves

How to prepare the lemon loaf batter:

Mix eggs with sugar and add slowly the oil until it becomes like a white creamy batter add lemon rind , ( mix salt and baking power in with the flour then spoon in flour into the mix alternating with a little milk or yogurt as you see the mixture needing it, but use all the milk and or yogurt.

Now you are ready to place the batter into pre- buttered and dusted over with flour loaf tins.

(Butter the loaf tins then dust them over with some flour.) This help to remove the cake loaf from the loaf tin after baking.

Bake at 325 F 35-40 min

Check to see if cake loaf is done by inserting a fine needle into the middle of the loaf to see if its done. If needle comes out clean, its done.

Remove cake Loaf from loaf pan and set on to parchment paper, so to prepare to dress it up with the lemon syrup mixture. Now take a fork and prick all through the top with fork pricks, this is to enable the syrup to penetrate further into the cake loaf.

Lemon Syrup   (to add over and around the cake loaf once out of the oven.)

Double up or just for one loaf

2/3 cup       1/3 cup sugar

2            1  Juice of lemon

Stir this sugar mixture to combine properly and then brush or spoon over loaf and sides of loaf. I use a brush to spread the juice evenly on top and on the sides of the loaf.   Enjoy!

You can FREEZE this cake as it also does not take much time to defrost, so is excellent for unexpected last minute guests.

Just make sure that after you glaze the cake that you wrap it up nicely in a regular plastic wrap and then place the wrapped loaf in a zip lock freezer bag. Making sure you remove as much air as possible before closing the zip lock bag

Edited by 1to3
  • Loved it! 1

2 hours ago, 1to3 said:

Yes , I posted a lemon Loaf cake recipe last year and then removed it.

Here it is again.  This is an heirloom wonderful no fail lemon loaf cake recipe that everyone enjoys.

Lemon Loaf desert -Excellent-

Double up    or just one loaf

2       1 cup sugar

2/3      1/2 cup sunflower oil

4       2 eggs

3       1 1/2 cup Flour

1/4=1/4   1/4 tsp salt

2       1 tsp Baking Powder

1       1/2 cup milk or plain yogurt

2       1 tsp Lemon rind zest (of one lemon Loaf or two lemon rind zest for two loaves

How to prepare the lemon loaf batter:

Mix eggs with sugar and add slowly the oil until it becomes like a white creamy batter add lemon rind , ( mis salt and baking power in with the flour then spoon in flour into the mix alternating with a little milk or yogurt as you see the mixture needing it, but use all the milk and or yogurt.

Now you are ready to place the batter into pre- buttered and dusted over with flour loaf tins.

(Butter the loaf tins then dust them over with some flour.) This help to remove the cake loaf from the loaf tin after baking.

Bake at 325 F 35-40 min

Check to see if cake loaf is done by inserting a fine needle into the middle of the loaf to see if its done. If needle comes out clean, its done.

Remove cake Loaf from loaf pan and set on to parchment paper, so to prepare to dress it up with the lemon syrup mixture. Now take a fork and prick all through the top with fork pricks, this is to enable the syrup to penetrate further into the cake loaf.

Lemon Syrup   (to add over and around the cake loaf once out of the oven.)

Double up or just for one loaf

2/3 cup       1/3 cup sugar

2            1  Juice of lemon

Stir this sugar mixture to combine properly and then brush or spoon over loaf and sides of loaf. I use a brush to spread the juice evenly on top and on the sides of the loaf.   Enjoy!

I have the recipe already saved in my recipe book :)

15 minutes ago, angels4u said:

I have the recipe already saved in my recipe book :)

Glad to hear it Angels4u :thumbsup:

Before sending it out again today, I tried to improve a little my sentences and typos... so this one may be better explained?  also something i did not mention, but i sometimes add an extra egg that makes the cake even more yum, yum. But its not necessary.

In any event, Its a good and quick recipe to have on hand for any occasion. I usually freeze a loaf (they freeze well in a zipper lock plastic), and defrost quite fast too.  In case i get unexpected visitors and many times i bring over a loaf as a gift to some older family friends as they seem to welcome and enjoy it.

Edited by 1to3
  • Loved it! 1

Just now, 1to3 said:

Glad to hear it Angels4u :thumbsup:

Before sending it out again today, I tried to improve a little my sentences and typos... so this one may be better explained?

In any event, Its a good and quick recipe to have on hand for any occasion. I usually freeze a loaf (they freeze well in a zipper lock plastic), and defrost quite fast too.  In case i get unexpected visitors and many times i bring it over a loaf as a gift to some older family friends as they seem to welcome and enjoy it.

I absolutely love lemon cake :)

Yummy!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/22/2018 at 2:51 AM, missmuffet said:

Lemon Poundcake...

Thanks missmuffet! The recipe is printed. I hope to toss the ingredients together and bake them in the oven one day soon in the not too distant future! :)

Sign in to follow this