IGNORED

do pretrib theology still believes Christians have to go through some persecution before rapture happens?

Equippers

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  0

thanks

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Strange question... I am not a pre-tribber but we can see today that Christians are going through persecutions right now...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57

Amen

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I am a pretribber and I think we have gone through tribulation since the time of Adam and Eve. We are seeing a lot of disasters and our crime rate is horrible. But it will not compare to the wrath and judgement of God on this earth in the seven year tribulation. Billions will be affected. We have not seen the devastation yet that will come at the seven year tribulation. The Church will not experience the wrath of God Revelation 3:10.

Question: "What are the seven seals, seven trumpets, and seven bowls (vials) in the Book of Revelation?"

Answer:
The seven seals (Revelation 6:1–17; 8:1–5), seven trumpets (Revelation 8:6–9:21; 11:15–19), and seven bowls/vials (Revelation 16:1–21) are three series of end-times judgments from God. The judgments get increasingly worse and more devastating as the end times progress. The seven seals, trumpets, and bowls are connected to one another. The seventh seal introduces the seven trumpets (Revelation 8:1–5), and the seventh trumpet introduces the seven bowls (Revelation 11:15–19; 15:1–8).

The seven seals include the appearance of the Antichrist (Revelation 6:1–2), great warfare (Revelation 6:3–4), famine (Revelation 6:5–6), plague (Revelation 6:7–8), the martyrdom of believers in Christ (Revelation 6:9–11), a devastating earthquake causing terrible devastation, and astronomical upheaval (Revelation 6:12–14). Those who survive the six seals are right to cry out, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?” (Revelation 6:16–17).

The seventh seal introduces the seven trumpet judgments. The trumpets include hail and fire that destroys much of the plant life in the world (Revelation 8:7), the death of much of the world’s aquatic life (Revelation 8:8–9; 8:10–11), the darkening of the sun and moon (Revelation 8:12), a plague of “demonic locusts” that torture the unsaved (Revelation 9:1–11), and the march of a demonic army that kills a third of humanity (Revelation 9:12–21).

The seventh trumpet calls forth seven angels who carry the seven bowls of God’s wrath (Revelation 11:15–19; 15:1–8). The bowl judgments include painful sores afflicting humanity (Revelation 16:2), the death of every living thing in the sea (Revelation 16:3), the turning of rivers to blood (Revelation 16:4–7), an intensifying of the sun’s heat (Revelation 16:8–9), great darkness and an intensification of the sores from the first bowl (Revelation 16:10–11), the advance the Antichrist’s armies at Armageddon (Revelation 16:12–14), and a devastating earthquake followed by giant hailstones (Revelation 16:15–21).

Together, the seals, trumpets, and bowls of the end times comprise “the great day of [God’s] wrath” (Revelation 6:17) and serve to judge the Antichrist’s kingdom of wickedness. Revelation 16:5–7 declares of God, “You are just in these judgments, you who are and who were, the Holy One, because you have so judged; for they have shed the blood of your saints and prophets, and you have given them blood to drink as they deserve. . . . Yes, Lord God Almighty, true and just are your judgments.”

https://www.gotquestions.org/seven-seals-trumpets.html

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

2 hours ago, Equippers said:

thanks

Hi Equippers,

`And although I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing. Love suffers long, and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things....` (1 Cor. 13: 3 - 7)

I see that it is the shaping of the character to be like Christ that God is focussing on. As the Apostle Paul says concerning `dying to self, daily,` which is really where the `rubber hits the road,` reality. People think that to go through the tribulation, (the one that is for the rebellious) will show if they are true believers or not, whereas God`s word says it is all about our attitude EVERYDAY. Dying to self is actually harder than going through the tribulation, for even non believers can do that - go through the trib.

regards, Marilyn.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

The living sacrifice of my Jesus had nothing to do with saving me from  persecution at any time in this world .

And my Jesus never told me I would have to wait for the tribulation to experience persecution . 

"persecution " for me was not what Jesus defeated at the cross .

The strange carnal obsession with persecution of the flesh represents a profound  lack of understanding the  spiritual victory paid for at the cross . 

" Acquaint now thyself with Him and be at peace ."    ( Job 22 : 21 ))

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

No pre-trib. No Wrath of the Lord for believers. But tribulations getting so bad we cannot handle it... YES.

The rest is up to the Lord Yeshua.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,678
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

It isn't necessarily persecution that we will face, but a terrible Day of trial and testing. 1 Peter 4:12   All the people alive at that time will experience it. Luke 21:35, Isaiah 24:1-2   It will be the fulfilment of Psalms 83, where the Lord takes action and wipes out the Islamic attack onto Israel. The Sixth Seal event, of the multi prophesied Day of the Lord's wrath, a worldwide disaster: Isaiah 24:1-2

Jeremiah 14:11-13 The Lord said to me: Do not pray for the wellbeing of this people. Though they fast and worship Me, [but not in spirit and in truth] I shall not listen to their cry on the Day of My punishment. But Lord – their leaders and pastors say to them: you will not face the terrible sword of judgement and they preach prosperity and escape from tribulation.

Jeremiah 14:14-16 The Lord answered me: These are lies that your leaders are misleading the people with. I have not sent them, I have not given them My commission, or spoken to them. They are giving out false teachings, useless advice and their own foolish daydreams.

Therefore, I say about those teachers and pastors who speak falsely in My Name, they will meet their end in My Day of wrath, I shall pour down upon them the disaster they deserve.

• 4 months later...

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50

On 23/01/2018 at 8:51 AM, Abdicate said:

Yes, and it's my belief, as a pre-tribber, that not all Christians will go in the rapture. It's a gift for the faithful, not a right. That's how I see it.

yes, i used to attend this church where they hold the same belief. that the rapture will happen before the 7 years of tribulation but only those who are ready will be taken by the rapture and those who are not will be left behind to suffer.

so do you think there will be intense suffering before the 7 year tribulation period even for those who will be taken by the rapture?

as you may have noticed, in western countries there is already an incredible dark evil clouds gathering, i mean we are already living in the time where disagreement with the PC belief is deemed hateful and bigoted and in many cases deserved to have our lives destroyed by it.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

One must rightly divide the difference from persecution and wrath of God.... The tribulation is God pouring our His Wrath upon the world system...