• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/14/1989

I was reading the Bible this morning about Lot's family in Genesis 19 vs 12-26, when God told them to leave Sodom and Gomorrah. I related this story to our world today and the people in it. We tend to hold on to material things of this world. What can one say is truly responsible for this? Why do we fail to listen to God? Why do we always try to apply human wisdom whenever God ask us to do something? 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

3 minutes ago, God'sOwn said:

I was reading the Bible this morning about Lot's family in Genesis 19 vs 12-26, when God told them to leave Sodom and Gomorrah. I related this story to our world today and the people in it. We tend to hold on to material things of this world. What can one say is truly responsible for this? Why do we fail to listen to God? Why do we always try to apply human wisdom whenever God ask us to do something? 

Because, just as God is "I am", "we are", and therefore, we do what we will do.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

5 minutes ago, God'sOwn said:

II Timothy 3  But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. 2 For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,3 heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, 4 treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people. 6 For among them are those who creep into households and capture weak women, burdened with sins and led astray by various passions, 7 always learning and never able to arrive at a knowledge of the truth.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

8 hours ago, God'sOwn said:

A good question. We are striving to be 'good' because in our hearts is the fruit from the tree of good and evil. We fail to recognize that we should be striving for that which is perfect and not compromising. The OT gives us so many warnings of this but we are so 'enlightened' in our age of 'good and evil' we fail to apply it to ourselves.

If we stayed on our side of that invisible line between LIGHT and LEAVEN, then things may indeed be different.

The absolute MOMENT we step across that line, we are in the grip once again of that duality of good and evil. Perfection scares us so much that we would rather just grovel where we are most of the time and not dare accept the challenges that the Lord gives us.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

9 hours ago, God'sOwn said:

I think it all stems from the fall.  We are born into a sin nature.  We are all trying to get more, acquire more, know more, whether we want to acknowledge it or not.  Sometimes God tells us that that isn't the way for us.  Then when he shows us the way we should go we rebel back into thinking we can run our own lives.  Not sure if that makes sense or not.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  01/14/1989

Thanks to all that contributed. It's really good to get insight from other people which you all have done well. I truly appreciate.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

13 hours ago, God'sOwn said:

How many people to start with did the messengers/servants of YHWH visit and take by the hand and bring out of sodom or gomorrah ?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  110
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

16 hours ago, God'sOwn said:

Perhaps human ego and pride. It is a simple matter for someone to claim they believe in Christ but when it comes to answering such a question, they ask a question first in order to avoid the true introspection such a query requires. 

We can read the Bible countless times and yet not glean what is truly in the message there. And when push comes to shove, or reality comes crashing down hard and painfully, that is when the rubber meets the road. That is when we will know if we are really in Christ or just in a costume claiming the name of the savior of the world when in truth He does not know our name. 

Being a Christian means leaning on God first. Human ego and pride carried us through before we found Christ. And when things get stressful and scary that is when we need to not let fear carry us. Instead, take a deep cleansing breath and discern what spirit is guiding our next move. Because the Devil always works to get the attention of the saints in Christ. 
Lot and his family listened to God because Lot led the way. Lot's wife for whatever reason trusted God but unfortunately she had to know what it was God was leading her from because she was still attached to the cities that were being destroyed at her back. And she perished for her lack of faith in the instruction to move forward and never look behind her. 

Part of being in Christ is cultivating the relationship we have with our Lord. All great relationships grow over time.  Learning to discern the voice of the unseen, though God is everywhere we look, takes practice. And it also takes releasing the personal ego that thinks of itself first. Because the Devil, which is that which is averse to righteousness, also has a voice. 
It's like a child that is newborn. They learn to recognize their parents voices among all those who greet them as new arrivals in this world. There are the parents voices and there are others. 

When it gets deep in our real life and things seem dark, taking a cleansing breath and discerning the voice of the Lord from all others that speak in those moments is key. Voices like fear, regret, anger, surrender to the dark and opposing force aligned against you. And instead hearkening unto the voice of the one that knew your name before you were born and will guide you through in love. 
A lot of Christians don't hear that voice because they think it is a co-partnership. God and me. And in a way it is. However, God knows more and sometimes it takes time and a lot of hard knocks to come to that realization. 

The more I realize God leads the less stress I find in my life. And when I look back I can see where I was and where he has led me through. It's personal for each Christian. And it is a journey of a lifetime that I wouldn't have missed for anything. :)
God's blessings surround you. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Pride or hardened hearts.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 1/22/2018 at 1:34 AM, God'sOwn said:

Hi, Some do not fail, instead all fail, all fall short of perfection, the Glory that is God. No man wants God not one till God turns each individually to  repentance from  sin against Him. Each man is  depraved none are  comparatively better than another man or woman at all. If God were to be fair He would not provide any salvation to us at all. He would leave us to what is just, that  being eternal rejection separation from Him and destruction.

Fortunately God is is merciful as He is just and He has made it possible for many to come to Him through the shed blood of Christ made known to  many by the specific call of God the Holy Spirit.

Awareness of that calling does set up the conflict between that which is depraved and that which is now spiritually aware of that depravity and also of what is holy. By God's grace some do  come through sanctification toward greater holiness, but even that is not of any glory of  a man, but instead is the product of the awesome mercy extended by God.

Not all will heed the general call by the Holy Spirit to turn about to God but all will hear it and none has any excuse for their plight. God will turn many that reject the call over to their own delusions and they will suffer for it, both in the flesh and in the spirit. Even the saved man  looks back even falls back into depravities appeal. The  perfect sufficiency of the sacrifice made by God covers the cost of even that folly as well as all the errors of the born again man to come while still in the flesh. Jesus does not lose a one that the Father has given Him.